RP In SWTOR

DewyMossEmpire

Greets to the peeps‼

I am brand-spankin' new to SWTOR & I absolutely love it. Although the graphics are a little goofy, the gameplay is incredibly fun & solid. I joined an "RP Server" with hopes of getting into a great community & finding some awesome RP.

However…

Although the community is indeed great & kind, there is absolutely zero RP (unless of course - at least from what I have gathered - you join a Guild & participate in RP there).

SO!

I have decided to embark on a quest to introduce more RP into the Begeren Colony Server, & as a promise, I will say that I will always RP no matter what, even if I get someone with a name of "Super Noodle Smasher Doode" jumping around me in circles, I won't break character.

In addendum, I will also be forming a Guild that is strictly meant for hardcore RP - that means no OOC comments during gameplay (unless in alternate channel than /Say). I have a great little backstory that I've designed for my character, & I'd love to share it with people. I had to go through the main quest on Tython solo, which was kind of a bummer, but I have managed to construct my first lightsaber (which was an epic moment as always) & at least enjoy the RP of the main quest.

SO! FURTHERMORE!

My character's name is Tenadensoftglo, which is supposed to be a first & surname of Tenaden Softglo. I'm extremely easy to find in that I walk everywhere I go rather than running (as a part of the RP). The Guild I'll form will be called The Stellar Knights, & as I have said, will be a strict RP-only crew. My hopes for said "Guild" will be to offer an immersible environment for other people seeking RP to advance & share personal character story lines, embark on mechanical quests & form our own, & of course get to the basics of just going out for hunts, exploring the worlds, & just enjoying the RP by sitting around & talking, & immersing ourselves into an amazing Star Wars world.

Let me know if you're interested or if you have any questions, & I will be IG as often as I can be so long as my schedule allows. =]

I'll see you all planetside!

*Zooms*

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8mzwdC1Mo1r8tev2o1_500.gif

In addendum, I will also be forming a Guild that is strictly meant for hardcore RP - that means no OOC comments during gameplay (unless in alternate channel than /Say).

I wouldn't recommend this, as this is a themepark MMO, so grinding through missions is required. Since character development is independent from leveling, grinding should almost always be separate from roleplaying. Logically, you have to ignore the "Galactic Savior" moments anyways, and some people create their own 'alternative' scenarios. But, I prefer the simplest solution which is to ignore it entirely.

So, speaking as a former guild leader, city mayor, and community manager, I would recommend loosening this rule. Of course, the only time I use Spatial is when I'm RPing or dinking around in Ops. So, this probably won't create any issues for you in the long run. Good luck!

I wouldn't recommend this, as this is a themepark MMO, so grinding through missions is required. Since character development is independent from leveling, grinding should almost always be separate from roleplaying. Logically, you have to ignore the "Galactic Savior" moments anyways, and some people create their own 'alternative' scenarios. But, I prefer the simplest solution which is to ignore it entirely.

So, speaking as a former guild leader, city mayor, and community manager, I would recommend loosening this rule. Of course, the only time I use Spatial is when I'm RPing or dinking around in Ops. So, this probably won't create any issues for you in the long run. Good luck!

Ironically, Everquest had a rudimentary to non-existant storyline and the majority of players were in character, all the time. Now we have a great (if highly silly) built-in story and hardly anyone ever roleplays.

Character development happened all the time. Whether you were "level grinding", exploring, raiding, selling stuff, or just hanging around waiting for the boat, roleplay was everywhere.

It seems to me that people used to roleplay from scratch as a blank slate and let their character evolve through roleplay and gameplay. The characters evolved by playing the game. Ogg the Tank roleplayed his way to being the bumbling hero because that's how he played. The grumpy dwarf got a reputation as a grumpy dwarf because he played as one, not because he had a background that said "grumpy dwarf".

OOC of any kind used to be bad form. Now, we have endless arguments in /General about how it's bad form to be IC in certain channels.

I'd love to join in this, I'm an experienced serious RPer and story teller/creator, been doing it for many years. I don't have too many expectations, as long as nothing is lore breaking or comical. Out of context of course. (Like the character has a humorous personality.)

Well the Guild is up! & after quite a bit of democracy, I had the three other founders vote between a couple names we could not decide on. The first winning name was actually taken, so we defaulted to the second name, & the guild is now called the Galactic Security Coalition, or GSC. I am very glad I got it up so fast, & I look forward to try & expand more RP into SWTOR! ^^

Regular updates being made to the forums.

I currently am working on an alt character, so if you are interested in joining the GSC either contact Tenaden Softglo or Hellingthor IG (who is also an RP char.). If you can't find me on the Who List, send Tenaden some mail (In RP) about joining & I'll set you up!

Edited by DewyMossEmpire

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In addendum, I will also be forming a Guild that is strictly meant for hardcore RP - that means no OOC comments during gameplay (unless in alternate channel than /Say). I have a great little backstory that I've designed for my character, & I'd love to share it with people. I had to go through the main quest on Tython solo, which was kind of a bummer, but I have managed to construct my first lightsaber (which was an epic moment as always) & at least enjoy the RP of the main quest

I hope I'm not too late to partake in this adventure with you! An actual RP guild might breath some new life into the world of MMO'ing for me. Recently I've been getting pretty bored. However about a month ago I started a new Jedi Knight and wanted to work my way through the game from scratch. After a week of playing alone I kinda just stopped.

It's definitely a social game, and who better to socialize with than a handful of RP'ers :D I'll come look for your player names. I'll read over all posts here too and see if I can't find the name of the guild.

• 4 weeks later...

The GSC now has a massive plot that is being played out for everyone within the Guild to join in on!

It is a completely developed story that I have been working on for several months, & at certain points, it will even use the game "Star Wars: Empire At War - Forces of Corruption" as apart of the RP‼

If you would like to know more, visit our website!

• 3 weeks later...

The GSC now has an Empire-counterpart‼ The new Guild is called Clan Viperfang, & it plays as the other major roll within the Main Plot which is currently unfolding!

Clan Viperfang is a Mandalorian Guild, & only Bounty Hunters & Imperial Agents may join.

Details are on the same website as the GSC!

In addition to the posts detailing the Main Plot as it unravels on the website, I am also posting the same stories in the Fan Fiction section of the SWTOR Forums here!

Looking forward to sharing the story with more of you!