Coolest Voice In The Game.

Captain_Zone

I'd listen Malavai Quinn read a phone book.

^ This. I would also listen to Vector do the same. Or anything, really. I once jokingly said to a friend that his voice actor could tell me to jump off a cliff and I probably would... and smile the whole way down.

Some other voices I like:

Female Agent

Female Smuggler

Female Jedi Knight

Male Sith Warrior

Corso (I'm from a small semi-rural midwestern town and he reminds me of the locals.)

Aric Jorgan

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My vote goes to the male Sith Warrior. Cool and confident. Lets people know by tone alone that he takes no **** off anyone.

http://imgur.com/a/VyujV

I especially loved his more sarcastic answers.....until they got repeated over and over again, but still, had some laughs with it

Yeah, it's Lassie (Det. Lassiter). He's awesome and is a voice I forgot in my list. Timothy Omundson, if you want to look him up on IMDB.

haha awesome, especially since i just started to watch Psych

Edited by statistx

My top 3 voices are...

Female Trooper voiced by female Commander Shepard herself, Jennifer Hale. Also voices Bastila and Satele Shan.

Female Agent voiced by Jo Wyatt who also voices female Hawke in Dragon Age 2.

Andronikos Revel. Can't remember the actor's name but he voiced Spike Speigel in the awesome anime Cowboy Bebop.

I agree with some others that the voice work for all of the classes is generally pretty great. I'm a big fan of Jo Wyatt's and Bertie Carvel's sterling Imperial Agents, but Kath Soucie's female Smuggler is very fun and brings lots of smiles to my game time, as well.

My top 3 voices are...

Female Trooper voiced by female Commander Shepard herself, Jennifer Hale. Also voices Bastila and Satele Shan.

Female Agent voiced by Jo Wyatt who also voices female Hawke in Dragon Age 2.

Andronikos Revel. Can't remember the actor's name but he voiced Spike Speigel in the awesome anime Cowboy Bebop.

Andronikos is Steve Blum, who has also played Wolverine in the Marvel Ultimate Alliance games, and Vincent Valentine in both Advent Children and Dirge of Cerberus. Not to mention Zegram Gart in Rogue Galaxy for the Pirate cred. The guy has one of the best voices in the business.

Andronikos is Steve Blum, who has also played Wolverine in the Marvel Ultimate Alliance games, and Vincent Valentine in both Advent Children and Dirge of Cerberus. Not to mention Zegram Gart in Rogue Galaxy for the Pirate cred. The guy has one of the best voices in the business.

THANK YOU! I felt like a moron for not remembering his name rofl. Didn't he also do Roger Smith in The Big O anime? I may be getting him confused a little there. But I do agree he is one the best in the business.

How can you not list Oghren from DA:O? INCONCEIVABLE!

"Oghren wins again!" And that discussion from awakening about the pants that sneak up on your and eat your eyeballs... classic.

You do know that she also did Kira, the Jedi knight companion? So if you want to hear her, make a jedi knight. The fake accent isn't there though. :p

Did not know that. I never got around to playing my Knight and now I have deleted her while waiting on species unlocks. Thanks for the heads up.

How can you not list Oghren from DA:O? INCONCEIVABLE!

"Oghren wins again!" And that discussion from awakening about the pants that sneak up on your and eat your eyeballs... classic.

I had actually forgotten Dragon Age! :eek: Yes, Oghren was a bad***! The scene in Awakening when his wife comes to visit is priceless too! :D

THANK YOU! I felt like a moron for not remembering his name rofl. Didn't he also do Roger Smith in The Big O anime? I may be getting him confused a little there. But I do agree he is one the best in the business.

He did do Roger Smith in Big O as well. Glad to see another anime fan who pegged him from Cowboy Bebop, too.

Top 5 (not in order):

The Emperor - I love how clear and menacing his voice is.

Darth Marr - One word: powerful.

Gault - He's so slick and humorous and it fits him perfectly.

Gele'ren (BH Nar Shaddaa story) - It was a pleasure listening to him. Like the fat gangster from a mafia movie.

Risha - Charming, yet sassy and knowledgeable.

Male Agent. I have such a thing for the male agent's voice it kinda scares me. Very sophisticated without making it stereotypically deep and broody. I particularly love it when he gets humorous lines cause the deadpan delivery gets me every time.

Honorable mentions:

Female Sith Warrior: She just sounds awesome.

Baras: Particularly his rage!quits

Aristocra Saganu

Male Inquisitor

Watcher X

There's a droid on Belsavis in the bonus series...S-D9? It's the accent. It took me totally by surprise and now I love that droid.

Ardun Kothe

Seven pages and no one mentioned Zenith?!! I am shocked. What was it about jumping from the cliff smiling? It's about him. Troy Baker is as far from my type as one can be but with this voice it does not matter.

Actually, it's really hard to find the best among those stars. If we are talking about acting alone I might vote for Grand Moff Kilran as well. Great acting. If only the voice... Mentioned Zenith, like Andronikos, male SW, female BH and agent, female JC... But really, hard to choose. Can not stand SI (both) and Quinn. Yet, acting in all 3 cases is magnificent.

Edited by Mirandel

Seven pages and no one mentioned Zenith?!! I am shocked. What was it about jumping from the cliff smiling? It's about him. Troy Backer is as far from my type as one can be but with this voice it does not matter.

Actually, it's really hard to find the best among those stars. If we are talking about acting alone I might vote for Grand Moff Kilran as well. Great acting. If only the voice... Mentioned Zenith, like Andronikos, male SW, female BH and agent, female JC... But really, hard to choose. Can not stand SI (both) and Quinn. Yet, acting in all 3 cases is magnificent.

It was hard for me to pick a favorite out of all the characters I've played. However, it's easy to pick the one I absolutely can't stand: Male Consular. I like Nolan North. Loved his work in the Drake games and Halo: ODST. However, his Consular is just annoying, imo.

So I was running around Hoth on my first Imperial character, way back when, leveling with a good friend of mine and chatting up with him in ventrilo all the while, when we ran up to this fellow named Captain Revar, to discuss the next leg of the planet story quest we were working on.

He starts talking and I almost yell into vent, "Keep him talking!" After a few minutes of spamming the poor NPC, just clicking on him over and over again, my buddy finally asks me what the heck it is I'm doing. "That's Gideon Emery, duh," I tell him. Naturally, he's utterly clueless. "Fenris!" Which left my friend groaning as I continued spamming the NPC.

I still love that quest, lol. Gideon Emery also did the voice acting for Lokir-Ka on Voss, which is a flirt option for Smuggler females. My unfortunate girl was already married to Corso by then. Otherwise, she would've given Lokir's wife a run for her money, shrug.

Oh, and Greg Ellis voiced the NPC, Commander Tritan, on Hoth. I spammed that fellow a while, as well. I think my friend ended up consigning the planet Hoth to the realm of "places I don't like to go to with Phyreblade". Those two guys should get some opportunities to do bigger characters in some expansion someday. Please, pretty please, sugar on top and all that!

Main class character voices were all pretty awesome, although Consular voice seems...monotone? Little inflection involved, there, anyway. Female Consular is a tad bit better. I loved the Smuggler female voice, with Kath Soucie. Just plain adorable every time she said something, just MADE the snarky comments perfect! The Bounty Hunter female, Grey DeLisle, is great, too.

When the Bounty Hunter works for Admiral Fraabar to kill his own Sith daughter, out at Lord Gratham's estate, she tells her, "I feel for you, girl. Just close your eyes."

Perfection!

I also adored the male Imperial Agent voice. I'll be honest, Imperial Agent was, to me, probably the worst class to play. Couldn't get a character past level 20, just hated the whole James Bond story-telling involved. I decided to try twisting it up and rolled a character male, to see if that would make a difference.

First time he looked at the holo and said, "Keeper, do I have you to thank for these accommodations," I was finally happy with the class.

That voice is awesome for the Imperial Agent.

I will say this about the voice-acting in SWTOR: it's addictive. My friend was sitting aside me the other day, playing "that other game", and I just shuddered, watching. It seemed so much more lifeless than TOR. I started a dialogue with one of my characters at that moment, it was great.

Edited by Phyreblade

I had actually forgotten Dragon Age! :eek: Yes, Oghren was a bad***! The scene in Awakening when his wife comes to visit is priceless too! :D

He also did Grunt, I think? I just realized that today.

EDIT: Checked and yes, yes he did. <3

Blum for president of the universe!

Edited by Jandi

So I was running around Hoth on my first Imperial character, way back when, leveling with a good friend of mine and chatting up with him in ventrilo all the while, when we ran up to this fellow named Captain Revar, to discuss the next leg of the planet story quest we were working on.

He starts talking and I almost yell into vent, "Keep him talking!" After a few minutes of spamming the poor NPC, just clicking on him over and over again, my buddy finally asks me what the heck it is I'm doing. "That's Gideon Emery, duh," I tell him. Naturally, he's utterly clueless. "Fenris!" Which left my friend groaning as I continued spamming the NPC.

I still love that quest, lol. Gideon Emery also did the voice acting for Lokir-Ka on Voss, which is a flirt option for Smuggler females. My unfortunate girl was already married to Corso by then. Otherwise, she would've given Lokir's wife a run for her money, shrug.

Oh, and Greg Ellis voiced the NPC, Commander Tritan, on Hoth. I spammed that fellow a while, as well. I think my friend ended up consigning the planet Hoth to the realm of "places I don't like to go to with Phyreblade". Those two guys should get some opportunities to do bigger characters in some expansion someday. Please, pretty please, sugar on top and all that!

Main class character voices were all pretty awesome, although Consular voice seems...monotone? Little inflection involved, there, anyway. Female Consular is a tad bit better. I loved the Smuggler female voice, with Kath Soucie. Just plain adorable every time she said something, just MADE the snarky comments perfect! The Bounty Hunter female, Grey DeLisle, is great, too.

When the Bounty Hunter works for Admiral Fraabar to kill his own Sith daughter, out at Lord Gratham's estate, she tells her, "I feel for you, girl. Just close your eyes."

Perfection!

I also adored the male Imperial Agent voice. I'll be honest, Imperial Agent was, to me, probably the worst class to play. Couldn't get a character past level 20, just hated the whole James Bond story-telling involved. I decided to try twisting it up and rolled a character male, to see if that would make a difference.

First time he looked at the holo and said, "Keeper, do I have you to thank for these accommodations," I was finally happy with the class.

That voice is awesome for the Imperial Agent.

I will say this about the voice-acting in SWTOR: it's addictive. My friend was sitting aside me the other day, playing "that other game", and I just shuddered, watching. It seemed so much more lifeless than TOR. I started a dialogue with one of my characters at that moment, it was great.

Yes! Monotone on the Consular! THAT's what I find so annoying about him. That and his pseudo-accent. Thank you for helping me nail it down. :D

And as far as voice actors go, they have a habit of getting some pretty huge names in videogame voice actors and even in Hollywood. I'm still wondering how much they paid Martin Sheen for his work in Mass Effect 2 and 3. lol

But yeah, even here in TOR, the Hollywood factor has hit with Stacy Haiduk (SeaQuest 2012), Olivia Hussey (Romeo and Juliet), David Hayter (wrote the first two X-Men movies), Brian Bloom (90210, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles), Tim Omundson (Psych), Lacey Chabert (Party of Five), Deborah Unger (Highlander: The Final Dimension, Combat Hospital), Armin Shimerman (Star Trek DS9, Buffy) and a ton of others.