Crystal vendors take away from people who have worked for them

sinfulheart

Crystal vendors take away from the players who have worked hard to get their purple crystal or other crystal ect ect. If you dont have anything that is realy hard to get whats the point in playing the game? I will say this in starwars galaxies their were items that you would have to solo farm for for months to get but they worth it when you got them hughe stats and everyone wanted them. How aboout a jet pack bh can farm for that hey can fly with? Rare crystals? Hard hitting guns that look great? give people something to work toward instead of upping the valor and handing them anything they cry about? What do you guys think? Edited by sinfulheart

A group of players doesn't want to have to grind or work for anything cuz this is a game. They will come up with the excuse that they pay the same amount per month as the person who grinded for their item. They will use the excuse that they don't have the same amount of time to play and shouldn't be penalized or restricted from items in the game. This is a game they don't want to 'work' for anything.

I agree with you OP.

Crystal vendors take away from the players who have worked hard to get their purple crystal or other crystal ect ect. If you dont have anything that is realy hard to get whats the point in playing the game? I will say this in starwars galaxies their were items that you would have to solo farm for for months to get but they worth it when you got them hughe stats and everyone wanted them. How aboout a jet pack bh can farm for that hey can fly with? Rare crystals? Hard hitting guns that look great? give people something to work toward instead of upping the valor and handing them anything they cry about? What do you guys think?

hehehehe welcome to SWTOR , really it still amazes me how you guys did not wait for this.

Everything since the game start that took ANY time or effort to get they nerfed to make it easier :rolleyes: just wait and get anything ya want mate , that is the way.

Well ... the way thing are going soon they will deliver as soon as they make it.

Crystal vendors take away from the players who have worked hard to get their purple crystal or other crystal ect ect. If you dont have anything that is realy hard to get whats the point in playing the game? I will say this in starwars galaxies their were items that you would have to solo farm for for months to get but they worth it when you got them hughe stats and everyone wanted them. How aboout a jet pack bh can farm for that hey can fly with? Rare crystals? Hard hitting guns that look great? give people something to work toward instead of upping the valor and handing them anything they cry about? What do you guys think?

Well, isn't the Vendor selling the Purple crystal for 150K or close to that? On my server the purple crystals were going for something like 50K a few weeks ago on the GTN. So thanks to the vendor, the price of purple crystals are going to nearly triple. :mad:

Oh for the love of... look, its only for a short time :p after patch 1.2 hits we'll be back to having to grind for these crystals. It's supposed to be an incentive for players to reach higher levels and for money-makers to buy the crystals while they can and then sell them again at higher prices

hardly something to QQ about... jeeze,

Well on that note I guess you are right from a money making point of view you have to please the masses i guess.So on that note theirs never going to be anything realy hard to get because at some point they will just give it away for next to nothing.So just play the raid to see the content and then pvp a little and thats all this game has to offer lol.Well thats why they call it a game i suppose.Kinda pointless relay.

Well on that note I guess you are right from a money making point of view you have to please the masses i guess.So on that note theirs never going to be anything realy hard to get because at some point they will just give it away for next to nothing.So just play the raid to see the content and then pvp a little and thats all this game has to offer lol.Well thats why they call it a game i suppose.Kinda pointless relay.

Because as everyone knows, the only reason to play a game is to get the BEST and most EXCLUSIVE gear

Here we go with yet another cry thread about the crystal vendors. All these vendors do is give people who have the money a chance to buy them. Not everyone has 250k fr a purple or 2.5 mil for an advanced white. When patch 1.2 goes live the vendors disappear. Guess what that means? ARTIFICE will be able to grind for the schems and make them. On top of that NEW crystals are going to be added. Give it a rest with the complaining about color crystals. It isn't the end of the world.

With 1.2 you will have things to work for. Just please stop with all the whining.

I don't think you actually understand. For the last 2-3 months players have NOT been able to use certain crystals because of the restrictions. Because they LIFTED the restrictions they are making them available for a limited time so that those who want them and can now use them can get them.

You got your purple crystal ahead of time, got to flaunt it for weeks/a couple months, now people who save up a bunch of credits (may be pocket change for a 50, but still impressive amount for a 15-20) can have purple.

But it's beyond ridiculous that purple was ever as rare as it was to begin with. TOR is not the Saga. TOR is a mere 300 years after KOTOR, still thousands of years before the Ruusan Reformations (where the Jedi really became stuck-up jerks) which is still well before Episode I.

There are plenty of colors that could--maybe even should--be marks of effort or waiting for months/years for a nerf. Gold, black-<color> blades, bronze, vermilion, viridian, turquoise, magenta, etc. Purple should be fairly easy to attain even while leveling, like yellow and orange. They're 'uncommon' compared to the standard red, green, and blue, but not truly rare. Your class stories have you marked as exceptional right from the start, and you do some exceptional things as you go, even in the prologue and Chapter 1. There's no reason other than a misguided adherence to movie lore--rather than the massive amount of EU lore that's appropriate for the time period--for purple to be max level, or for orange to be still rather tough to get.

Putting orange & purple on the same level as yellow would be the best solution, giving everyone more options as they level. Even if they implemented that, there would still be LOTS of players sticking with their trusty reds, blues, greens (and yellows). Purple is only special when only ONE guy has it, Mace Windu. Soon as Luke started up his new Jedi order, purple was as common as blue. The colors should largely be personal preference, NOT a mark of epeen until you get to colors that ARE unusual--unusual for the lore as a whole, not just restricted to the movies.

How does it take anything away? If you got the crystals before, it doesn't make your accomplishment any less. Who cares what someone else has? You know what you had to accomplish to get it before, isn't that what matters? Or are you just concerned about other people not knowing if you're "better" than the person standing next to you?

Was the purple crystal the only reason you did ops? Or were you going to do ops anyways and just happened to get a purple crystal along the way?

Edited by tahyri

You mean all existing purple crystals and their blueprints were removed from the people who "worked" for them and they had to buy them again from the vendor? If not, then nothing was taken away from them.

Everything in this game is easy.

Heck look at the people that had to grind to get BM, getting 800-1500 valor per match. Now you get 2500-3000 valor per match easily.

A group of players doesn't want to have to grind or work for anything cuz this is a game.

Wait... are they suggesting that since everyone is paying for it, the game should be fun, rather than work? I find their ideas intriguing, and would like to subscribe to their newsletter.