The Grand Acquisitions Race

CourtneyWoods

Wow... a new event. Had a lot of fun with the rakghoul event so when I saw this I was "yay, time to play TOR again", only to realize I am too late.

A mail or something would be nice!

I have been ingame (just a bit, checking mails and GTN etc) and to the forums, to see if there was anything, but I had not been the the swtor front page, and that seems to be the only place they make you aware of it.

Crapitty crap.

This one got marketing failure written all over it (imo).

Seems I am not the only one that missed this event.

Edited by Tigalo

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow... a new event. Had a lot of fun with the rakghoul event so when I saw this I was "yay, time to play TOR again", only to realize I am too late.

A mail or something would be nice!

I have been ingame (just a bit, checking mails and GTN etc) and to the forums, to see if there was anything, but I had not been the the swtor front page, and that seems to be the only place they make you aware of it.

Crapitty crap.

This one got marketing failure written all over it (imo).

Seems I am not the only one that missed this event.

Info was on Fleet, Dromund Kaas/Coruscant, Nar Shaddaa, and everywhere in General ON FORUMS. If you missed it you were either only PvPing or not logged on much.:cool:

I can understand missing a full week - I've often gone up to 2 weeks without access to a working an internet connection - but I don't buy the ignorance. If you complain because you couldn't play for a week (the event was only 7 days, should have been 10-14 days) I accept that and agree it was too short.

But don't do everyone a disfavor and say there wasn't info.

INFO. WAS. EVERYWHERE!:D

There are so many legitimate complaints about the event: one of the missions was in a level 30 Area, We had to go to our Capital Planet and back to Nar Shadda and then back to our Capital Planet, the events bugged out, the rewards offer BoL Rifles but not Sabers, the pets are just reskinned PvP pets, the titles suck, parts of the gear were just reskinned Tatooine Social Gear, Cartel Listening Station allowed people to CHEAT.:mad:

When you complain that the existence of the Event wasn't obvious you cast everyone who complains in a bad light (i.e that we're idiots) and make BW less likely to listen to our complaints. There were numerous problems with the event, but focusing on one of the things that they did well - broadcasting the existence of the event on the front page of the site, in a sticky in General forums, on Twitter, in the freaking game Launcher - actually hurts our arguments. I know you mean well, but please try to help out in a productive fashion, BW won't listen to us if we sound like idiots.:rolleyes:

Edited by AshlaBoga

Info was on Fleet, Dromund Kaas/Coruscant, Nar Shaddaa, and everywhere in General ON FORUMS. If you missed it you were either only PvPing or not logged on much.:cool:

I can understand missing a full week - I've often gone up to 2 weeks without access to a working an internet connection - but I don't buy the ignorance. If you complain because you couldn't play for a week (the event was only 7 days, should have been 10-14 days) I accept that and agree it was too short.

But don't do everyone a disfavor and say there wasn't info.

INFO. WAS. EVERYWHERE!:D

There are so many legitimate complaints about the event: one of the missions was in a level 30 Area, We had to go to our Capital Planet and back to Nar Shadda and then back to our Capital Planet, the events bugged out, the rewards offer BoL Rifles but not Sabers, the pets are just reskinned PvP pets, the titles suck, parts of the gear were just reskinned Tatooine Social Gear, Cartel Listening Station allowed people to CHEAT.:mad:

When you complain that the existence of the Event wasn't obvious you cast everyone who complains in a bad light (i.e that we're idiots) and make BW less likely to listen to our complaints. There were numerous problems with the event, but focusing on one of the things that they did well - broadcasting the existence of the event on the front page of the site, in a sticky in General forums, on Twitter, in the freaking game Launcher - actually hurts our arguments. I know you mean well, but please try to help out in a productive fashion, BW won't listen to us if we sound like idiots.:rolleyes:

Sorry, but after first beeing in the beta (eu market research beta) last summer and follwing the game, playing the game since 13 minutes into early access etc I have do disagree. The only people BW listen to are the idiots (yes I still think the game was better last summer than it is now).

As I wrote I have barely logged on, and then just to check mail and GTN. The few times I actually played I either jumped straight to Black hole or played pub alts on Balmorra.

My main point was that it would have been nice to receive an email where they inform us that there is an event, for us that do not play every day (or every week) and dont follow the forums as closely as we did before. If I had known there was an event, I would have played, as I didnt know, I didnt play. Simple. I was actually in the general forums several times last week (mostly to see if there was any rumors or info about more char slots), but as there used to be a lot of worthless stickies, I havent looked at those for a while (just glance at them, and if there was any event info I have missed it). And, none of the regular posts talked of an event. The first I heard of it was someone that wondered what they should use all their extra tokens for.

I claimed that its a marketing failure as events like these might keep people subscribed, even the ones that barely play (like me). But, since those people dont hang out on the fleet all day every day (and dont even log on at all) and dont visit the forums, another way to inform them (like an email) would be good. That way they might get a bit more interest and more activity. All hypotetical ofc.

but yes, I admit, its mostly (like 99%) my own fault for not giving a rats *** about what happens to TOR anymore.

Edited by Tigalo

Good arguments can be made for both cases I feel.

Having time limited events in some form makes the game more alive I feel. Gets the community moving and buzzing in a way they'd never get if "events" wouldn't go out to stay.

On the issue of their lenght, there are always gonna be people that "just miss" an event cos they have stuff going on IRL just that particular week. Can't be helped.

I mean sure it'd be nice if it lasted 2 weeks I guess but honestly, it depends on the event. This race was already stretched to its breaking point with 3 fetch quests buying the devs 3 days of "event time" with chasing the boxes the only filler. I don't think you could have streatched out this race to 2 weeks and still keep a somewhat satisfactory cohesion and structure of it for the players that "activly participated" in it from day one. Just wasn't enough content in it. Hopefully the next one can be larger and longer.

Doesn't really matter but I logged on and I've not gotten this email.

Sorry, but after first beeing in the beta (eu market research beta) last summer and follwing the game, playing the game since 13 minutes into early access etc I have do disagree. The only people BW listen to are the idiots (yes I still think the game was better last summer than it is now).

As I wrote I have barely logged on, and then just to check mail and GTN. The few times I actually played I either jumped straight to Black hole or played pub alts on Balmorra.

My main point was that it would have been nice to receive an email where they inform us that there is an event, for us that do not play every day (or every week) and dont follow the forums as closely as we did before. If I had known there was an event, I would have played, as I didnt know, I didnt play. Simple. I was actually in the general forums several times last week (mostly to see if there was any rumors or info about more char slots), but as there used to be a lot of worthless stickies, I havent looked at those for a while (just glance at them, and if there was any event info I have missed it). And, none of the regular posts talked of an event. The first I heard of it was someone that wondered what they should use all their extra tokens for.

I claimed that its a marketing failure as events like these might keep people subscribed, even the ones that barely play (like me). But, since those people dont hang out on the fleet all day every day (and dont even log on at all) and dont visit the forums, another way to inform them (like an email) would be good. That way they might get a bit more interest and more activity. All hypotetical ofc.

but yes, I admit, its mostly (like 99%) my own fault for not giving a rats *** about what happens to TOR anymore.

Honestly given the attitude problems of half the people on this forum I suspect that if they did send an email to them before the event started many would have said something along the lines of "Hey! What's with only 1 week heads up?!? I need a month to set aside some time for this event!." Or perhaps "Well they should have marked the email 'urgent' and then I might have actually read it." Seriously, the game is carebear enough without having to change the Entitlement generation's diapers.

"I was actually in the general forums several times last week (mostly to see if there was any rumors or info about more char slots), but as there used to be a lot of worthless stickies, I havent looked at those for a while (just glance at them, and if there was any event info I have missed it). And, none of the regular posts talked of an event. "

Really? Reality differs.

Since you don't pay attention to stickies, here are some of the many the non-stickied ones:

1. August 13th Reveal

2. Dulfy's Event Guide published the DAY the event started and bumped up pretty much every couple of hours.

3. Heck it was even in the New Player section - New Player gets involved in Event - and for what it's worth the OP who describes himself as "such a noob" has a better attitude than you.

P.S: I agree that the event had issues, but informing us that it had started was NOT one of them. Heck, even your lack of knowledge wouldn't have been a problem if they made the event run for another couple of days.:(, as to why they didn't make it a 10 day or even 2 week event:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Look on the bright side, the rewards. were. terrible, so you didn't miss out on much

Edited by AshlaBoga

Who does that anymore? The game is tanking hard and it will only be exacerbated in the coming weeks and months.

Statement: Would you hating meatbags please stop posting this kind of thing. If you're not playing or don't like the game, leave the forums. Stop posting in forums about why you quit the game and why it's so bad and help them improve the game by having PATIENCE and UNDERSTANDING. Nobody who is playing and enjoying the game wants to hear why you QQ.

Compromise: If you for whatever reason need to say such things, put it in the general chat section in your own thread, not one that is for feedback. This thread is about the event, not the game as a whole.

Warning: Any further deviation from the subject like this or hating that is neither warranted nor wanted in any other thread that is NOT meant for such comments or such comments made by non players of the game will result in BioWare's initiation of my assassination protocols and the termination of hostilities.

Opinion: I think I liked the Rakghoul outbreak best because you could infect others. That made it very fun. I probably would have liked it even more if I had completely understood how dailies (or at least the Rakghoul ones) worked. But I do like the Bowcaster. I just wish it was as good as the Rakata Rifle or better.

Resignation: Oh well. That's what credits and the modification station is for.

Edited by HKtheindomitable

I just now found out this was an event. Apparently, a lot of people dont know this is actually going on. Maybe a bit more advertisement such as with the Rackghouls?

Trust me they advertised this one WAY more than they did with the Rakghoul event. Complaining that you weren't aware of the Rakghoul event makes sense, complaining that you weren't aware of this event? Means you probably were working for a week straight and didn't log on once - this is of course normal for many people and one of the reasons the event should have been 2 weeks instead of of 1 week.

Edited by AshlaBoga

I found out about it by accident, although it was probably advertised everywhere but here on the official forums (lol) I got there, realised it was boring and irrelevant and didn't finish it. I'd rather have a Christmas/Wookiee life day world event than some created over the weekend by an under-grad event like this and the Rak.

So I know this event is all said and done but is it coming back at all? Like will it be a monthly or every couple of months or yearly kind of thing? can't really seem to find an answer anywhere, thanks.

No at this moment it won't be coming back, We have so far has 2 events this yearm and neither one were the same event. One in February or March and then this one about a half year later. One earlier had to deal with the Rakghoul plaque and this one had to deal with a scavenger hunt.

Right now its looking, based on hints dropped by BW, the next World Event will be in January.