Dread Guard Relics

Scerious

What is the difference between on the Dread Guard Relics that have the DPS procs? One is elemental damage, another internal, another kinetic, another energy... I am sure that each have their advantages over the other but lord I cant find out where. Does anyone know which would be the best to buy with the daily comms?

They're all pretty much the same, except that Energy/Kinetic DPS relics do more base damage than Internal/Elemental relics, since Internal/Elemental damage gets to bypass armor mitigation.

My advice? If you play a build that relies on armor debuffs or armor penetration (Gunnery Commando, Combat/Focus Sentinel, Scrapper Scoundrel, any Guardian, Sharpshooter Gunslinger), enemy armor mitigation doesn't matter as much and the Energy/Kinetic relics will probably suit you better. If you get a boost to Elemental/Internal damage done (Tactics Vanguard) the Elemental/Internal relics are preferable. Otherwise, it doesn't matter a whole lot.

I'm sure someone has done a more in-depth analysis of this, but that's my quick-and-dirty explanation.

Combat/Carnage gets a 4.5s burst of 100% armor penetration every 15s (Precision Slash/Gore), so they're better off with Kinetic/Energy relics, since a lot of their damage will avoid armor mitigation anyway. Ditto Focus/Rage, since they get a full-time 30% armor penetration. If you're Watchman/Annihilation, though, you have to deal with enemy armor mitigation, so IF that is the case you might be better off with Elemental/Internal relics.

lol wutermelon? I humbly request a source on this!

http://mmo-mechanics.com/swtor/forums/thread-826-page-35.html

Another thing to account for is armor penetration. I believe internal hits harder without armor debuff than kinetic. Kinetic will hit slightly harder with the debuff. So unless you are a BH, Internal for tech users and elemental for force users may be the way to go.

Edited by Lugosi