Companions 101: Kaliyo Djannis

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kaliyo is a great companion, a true original. I'm so pleased BioWare created a companion that is so much more than a goody two shoe cliche. If you're navigating the backstreets and alleyways of the Underworld I can't think of anyone I'd rather have by my side than Kaliyo. She's going to be wise to every dirty trick in the book. Sycophantic companions are so boring. You absolutely want someone that challenges your worldview and assumptions and I'm saying that as a Lightside player. Lightside player with lightside companion = sheep to the slaughter. Lightside/darkside = Now you rock! There is balance to the force! And every Lightside character needs someone to cue them in to the nuances of the shady side^^. I think its great that there are companions that can't be or are difficult to romance. Hitting on the help all the time = questionable practice at best ;)

"Dibs on the head!"

LOL! I couldn't believe no one mentioned that one until page 13. First time I heard that she had to take all the mobs herself, because I was in no condition to help. She is quite funny, but I too find her irritating (as some others have said, I don't go for the punk look either). And trust her? Anyone who does deserves their fate. With that said, she was well done, though it was a relief to finally get another companion option once Vector joins. Raina Temple replaced him as soon as available as well.

As for next Republic, I vote Elara, though I wouldn't be disappointed if Nadia, Kira, T7, or Corso came up either

For Imperial, I vote Raina Temple, though Vette, Mako, Vector, Quinn, and Jaesa would be cool too.

Nadia from the consular story please! She is probably the most realistic padawan and companion out of all of them. She is so unsure if she is doing things right and justs wants to please her masters. I love her please do her!!!!!! :) :) :D :D

I sorta like Kaliyo, she's got a certain depth to her. But I'd like to echo some of the posters above: forcing companions into certain roles ties our hands a little. My Operative is a healer and once Vector joined, my life became a lot more comfortable: we killed everything that much faster. Similarly with the Sorcerer: I got rid of Khem Val at the first opportunity (I, unlike many others, hate him anyway so no huge loss but still).

And with my Juggernaut I simply couldn't take Jaesa to the final fight because I wouldn't have stood a chance without Quinn. Even though, from a story aspect, it makes ZERO sense that Quinn would even be there. He's just an Imperial grunt, he's got no place in there (that fight really should have been tuned for solo, as in without a companion).

My vote for the next companion goes for either Jaesa or Guss Tuno. Guss is probably the funniest companion in the game.

My first char roll was an agent, After having experienced a few playthroughs with some other companions, Kaliyo is by far the most complex companion (at least on the empire side) That said she is also by far the most interesting as far as story lines go. I also found that on the empire side shes really the only one with much of a sense of humor. (jokes sarcasm etc actually gain points) mako on the other hand is not overly fond of sarcasm I get - points every time I try to joke with her.

Favorite kaliyo moment: I hadnt been very far into companion dialogue when I used the command key to send her to tank world boss on dromund kass first time ever I heard her yell "Dibs on the head!" I think I did actually laugh out loud. that was funny

for your next 101 can Mako be the subject?:D

Jeez... Two weeks since we got the first blog, and not a peep from BW. What happened to this being a "Weekly" blog?

Haha. I didn't realise this was meant to be a weekly thing!

I guess this blog shared the same fate as the 'new and improved community staff involvement'.

• 1 month later...
Kaliyo has a quite busy past but I don't like her personality. I can't trust her. So far (I have not unlocked Scorpio yet). my favorite Agent companion is Ensign Raina Temple.

Let's just say... SCORPIO has a rather alien personality. Makes for a great tanker though. Raina is probably the one who has the most personality, though that doesn't mean she has anything extreme about her. She's just the one that feels most real. Could be a collegue of yours in real life, and she wouldn't be weird or stand out in any particular way.

• 10 months later...

Please bring back the ability to kill Kaliyo.

I want to kill her so very badly.

Or barring that make it so we can throw a shock collar on her or inject her with IX Serum and tell her to clean the ship's toilet with her bald head.

Respectfully,

Cipher Agent Hasina, Imperial Loyalist

Imperial Squad Leader/Imperial Diehard

Edited by AshlaBoga