Requiem Rise - Cinematic SWTOR Journal

JohnLeash

Greetings everyone,

Posting the first links of a new project to see what you guys think, especially those that are into editing, post-processing and the like.

The basic premise is gameplay footage (mainly dialogues, intertwined with combat/movement footage), heavily edited (to remove elements like dialogue wheel, UI etc.) and treated with post-processing visual effects to try and create a fluid, cinematic pace.

Hope you all like it. Feel free to give any suggestions on how to improve it, if you think it's the case.

Best regards,

Hurdrax

--

Prologue: https://youtu.be/lg2kMFtscGU

Episode 1 - Blood on the Blade: https://youtu.be/GTPSf9KPv7s

youre doing well, chief. just think of what youll be able to accomplish in the future from this very project. i wouldnt know where to begin to start something like this so its nice to be able to watch the accomplishment of another.

with that said: ive played he starter planets enough that the progression will be ingrained in my DNA so that distant relatives 1000s of years from now will be able to run them without thought. even though this took place a long time ago in a galaxy far far away. :)

its nice to be able to watch the accomplishment of another.

Thank you so much for the feedback, Qouivandes. It's like ol'Newton once said: If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants (like you :D). At first, it could seem counterproductive - or even redundant - to try something like this on a game so old and in a format so overused.

However, I honestly think that this level of editing/post-processing makes all the difference. Most material along these lines seem very crude (just recorded raw footage).

I'm having a blast with this (if not for anything else, to practice my editing chops). With time, I guess the project will touch on game material that most haven't explored to the fullest (like starter planets), so it'll be even better.

On this note, if it's not too much trouble, I'd ask you - from your veteran experience - what storylines (even in terms of light/dark side choices) appeal the most to you? This first run will be Sith Warrior - Light with some mixed choices along the way.