What parse for ec hm?

Hey hey,

I have a level 50 ,vengeance, juggernaut who parsed 1100 on the Operation Training Dummy. He has Columi MH + Chest, BH MK-1 Head, Ear, Relic (Well..ok it's campaign), OH and bracers; with the rest being rakata.

Is this gear/parse good enough for ec hm or do i need to fill my rakata set, etc then try again?

Thanks in advance

Hey hey,

I have a level 50 ,vengeance, juggernaut who parsed 1100 on the Operation Training Dummy. He has Columi MH + Chest, BH MK-1 Head, Ear, Relic (Well..ok it's campaign), OH and bracers; with the rest being rakata.

Is this gear/parse good enough for ec hm or do i need to fill my rakata set, etc then try again?

Thanks in advance

With that much BH and Rakata, you should be geared enough for HM EC.

I would be concerned about your rotation however. Ops dummy parses are higher than actual boss fights. My Sage dps (who has similar gear to yours) parses 1400+ on an ops dummy but only about 1000+ on HM Zorn what with the moving around and stuff.

My recommendation would be to iron out anything in your skill tree and rotation, as I believe you can squeeze out quite a bit more dps with your current gear.

Just my $0.02

Hey hey,

Thanks in advance

First off, how long are you parsing for? An average boss encounter is about 6 minutes so that is usually the standard duration of a parse on the dummy to garner your average DPS.

The above poster is correct, Operation Dummy parses are usually a lot higher than actual DPS in EC HM - I am more or less fully Campaign/BH geared and on my last EC HM run I averaged about 1.2-1.3k DPS across the board, which is way lower than my Operation Dummy average, which is 1.5-1.6k. EC HM is really not friendly for melee as we are constantly interrupting our DPS to move out of crap/chase the boss/chase adds etc which can make it less than a lot of other ranged classes.

Check the Jugg boards for tips on rotation, spec and gearing but I would think you'd want to be parsing around 1.4k DPS over 6 mins on a ship Ops Dummy to be doing enough DPS to comfortably pull your weight in EC HM.

Edited by JamieM

playing dps jugg is a pain.

i should know .. i play one.

first of all you should not expect to be top dps. second of all expect to pe outdamaged by lowered geared merc,powertechs, snipers and even sorcs.

i am currently full campaign augmented and i parse around 1600-1800 on dummy. in a real fight that isnt stationary i get around 1100-1200 tops. zorn and toth are actually worse.

u are asking if it is enough. i would say no. you will end up beeing carried by the raid. the other classes will have to make up for the 3-400 dps that you are missing to not hit the enrage timers.

in full rakata you will prolly parse around 1400-1500 on dummy if u are fully augmented. also u NEED the main hand. that makes alot of diffrence.

jugg dps is verry random ... if you dont get ravage procs ... u may aswell be dead :)

personally i have started leveling up a jedi sentinel in frustration with jugg dps. if u seriously dont like tanking ... and dont mind droping the jugger, i suggest leveling up a diffrent dps class. ranged is very good and favoured in this game across all encounters and ops.

good luck

Edited by Nanok

playing dps jugg is a pain.

i should know .. i play one.

first of all you should not expect to be top dps. second of all expect to pe outdamaged by lowered geared merc,powertechs, snipers and even sorcs.

i am currently full campaign augmented and i parse around 1600-1800 on dummy. in a real fight that isnt stationary i get around 1100-1200 tops. zorn and toth are actually worse.

u are asking if it is enough. i would say no. you will end up beeing carried by the raid. the other classes will have to make up for the 3-400 dps that you are missing to not hit the enrage timers.

in full rakata you will prolly parse around 1400-1500 on dummy if u are fully augmented. also u NEED the main hand. that makes alot of diffrence.

jugg dps is verry random ... if you dont get ravage procs ... u may aswell be dead :)

personally i have started leveling up a jedi sentinel in frustration with jugg dps. if u seriously dont like tanking ... and dont mind droping the jugger, i suggest leveling up a diffrent dps class. ranged is very good and favoured in this game across all encounters and ops.

good luck

It pains me but I have to agree with you for EC HM - we do pretty shoddy DPS there because of constant interruptions. BioWare need to step in and do something in this regard to make it so that we can compete with the other classes (i.e. not make us so dependant on RNG Ravage procs for decent DPS or increase the damage done from our DOTs).

Edited by JamieM