question for PvP tanks

Nethgilne

I don't PvP much, but it's obvious that there is no such think as "threat" in PvP. How do tanks go about grabbing the attention of opposing players gunning for the objective or healers?

AOE taunt. It reduced the damage done by all enemies in range by 30% for a period of time.

You cannot MAKE them focus on you, but you can do your best to reduce the damage they do to people.

And also guard your healers.

I don't PvP much, but it's obvious that there is no such think as "threat" in PvP. How do tanks go about grabbing the attention of opposing players gunning for the objective or healers?

CC/Taunts, but thats about it... I also harrass their healers since they are harrasing mine.. Make for some good cat/mouse..

Most pure tank specs are not viable atm.. If you are jugg/guard, I can help though...

Yeah, if you are a tank, you're basically force to hybrid - in the case of Juggs, the first two trees get essentially all of your points, with more going into the 2nd.

I am a hybrid sweeptank atm... its pretty balanced considering some other AC's out there. It just sucks that with all the smash QQ, my only viable damage as a tank will be nerfed...

Don't tanks suppose to have like 120mm cannons? LMAO..:D

Cap a control point in front of them. If they're not brain-dead, they will attack you.

If they ARE brain-dead, GG U R MVP!!

If it's a point you already control, Stand. Right. On. Top. Of. It. And don't move!

You are the node boss mob. You don't path far from your spawn, and if someone tries to pull you away from your spawn, you quickly reset.

Edited by Arlanon

Is your spec something like this ?

Not quite

This

My Force Crit is about 38% so I can afford to move points elsewhere. I value the root more on leaps, especially in HB... I also stay in Soresu, so I can guard people, but wear DPS gear(tanksin[gangnam] style). Sweeping people for 4-5k as a "tank" is pretty good, and I am not even BiS yet. It's a soft counter for Maras/Sins and pretty good for harassing healers, and guarding mine (with the 40% CD and Blade Storm/Riposte Buffs)... That's why I think it's pretty balanced. I am defensive at heart, but the other hybrid tank spec just dont do enough damage at the end of the day.... Tanks got/need cannons; right? :D

Edited by L-RANDLE