[The Academy] A Video Series Focused on the Basics of Star Wars: The Old Republic

LadyAdmiral

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:csw_c3po: Ep 48

The Bounty Contract week event is a special event that happens roughly once a month in star wars the old republic. During the event, you can help your faction by taking down key targets in crime syndicates and violent gangs and bring them to justice. The best part of this event is that you can play the part of a bounty Hunter no matter what your class is - even Jedi and Sith can help fulfill these dangerous contracts spread across the Galaxy.

Edited by LadyAdmiral

• 2 weeks later...

I got to do an interview with SOTOR podcast, one of my new favourite podcasts!

http://sotorpodcast.com/episode-46-swtoristas-swtor-academy/

This week I’m joined by special guest Swtorista as she and I discuss her famous SWTOR Academy.

We also talk about the Manaan Stronghold, the Aivela and Esne fight, and we share our thoughts on the recent Tunings, Crystals, and legacy weapons.

• 2 weeks later...
LOVE LOVE LOVE all your videos! You might be the sweetest person in the whole community! Don't you think we should be able to dye decos?

Thank you for the kinds words Jak!

I think that would be awesome, but would take an incredible amount of work by the dev team... unlike the armors, I doubt the decorations have the "dye areas" mapped out... they would have to go through every single decoration and map out what parts should get dyed what! It's nice to dream though, big on my dream wishlist is armor mannequins and legacy trees / legacy portraits of our characters!

As a newbie player I've found your vids most helpful thanks!

I've actually just started from the beginning of your "wonder" series too.

Keep it up.

Thank you for the nice words orangenee! I'm glad you found them useful, have fun on the WONDER series, make sure to chime in on the WONDERTALKS when you're all caught up! :)

For those following the WONDER OF SWTOR series, episode 15 is up!

- - -

I'd also like to invite you all to join me & youtuber/streamer Kid Lee for a Question & Answer session live. If you've never joined a stream before, you can ask questions in chat and the hosts can answer in voice. So come visit us if you have any burning questions about the game, need help, advice, or just want to hang out!

Saturday morning, August 26th at 8 AM PST / 11 AM EST!

https://www.twitch.tv/kidlee

• 2 weeks later...

Hello LadyAdmiral.

I have been watching your Academy videos and I have really been enjoying them. They have also helped me out a lot so thank you very much for taking your time to make them. I look forward to seeing your future videos and content that you release.

Thanks again! :)

• 4 weeks later...
Hello LadyAdmiral.

I have been watching your Academy videos and I have really been enjoying them. They have also helped me out a lot so thank you very much for taking your time to make them. I look forward to seeing your future videos and content that you release.

Thanks again! :)

Hi SWTORfriend! I'm glad you found them useful. They're fun to make and share, so my pleasure!

Promise the series didn't stop, went on a work vacation and forgot to come post here to share new videos :rolleyes:

- - -

If you are following the WONDER OF SWTOR series, episode 17 of that and WONDERTALK are out :)

- - -

:csw_c3po: Ep 49

If you're a new or returning Star Wars: The Old Republic Player, you may be wondering which server is best to choose. Server populations, types and what servers are best. 5.4/KOTET and beyond! (French-specific version only available.)

- - -

:csw_c3po: Ep 50

In this video I'll be going through all the achievements you can do in SWTOR that will earn you free Cartel Coins. See the description for a written list.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

:csw_c3po: Ep 51

Trying to decide which crafting skills you should pick in SWTOR? This video covers what types of items each crafting skill can craft, the pros and cons of each, and some tips and suggestions.

- - -

:csw_c3po: Ep 52

A video purely about tips for new players to Star Wars: The Old Republic! Haven't played SWTOR in a very long time and need a refresher? These tips are great for returning players too. Starts from picking a server and creating a character all the way to tips for questing and companion. These tips are specifically for players starting in 2017 and 2018.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Happy Holidays everyone, I hope you get to spend wonderful time with friends and family, online and off ❄️❄️❄️

- - -

And if you missed it, here is a recap of the big 20,000 subscribers event that happened November 2017!

Biggest no Bones Dance Party

Storytime

- - -

There's also an awesome new video coming out tomorrow...

I won't be posting it here till later due to Christmas, so if you want to watch ti right away check here on Dec 25th! It should be up by 10 PST.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkpJlq8u0mOBSAKv1KmTTfQ/videos

• 2 months later...

:csw_c3po: Ep 53

Have you already made your character and finished your first planet? These tips are for players level 10 and up who have reached the Republic or Imperial Fleet and are looking for new player tips about SWTOR's gearing, crafting, strongholds, flashpoints and more.

- - -

:csw_c3po: Ep 54

One of the nice things about Star Wars: The Old Republic is that you can try out the game as a free-to-play player without investing any money in to the game, and play all 8 class stories from levels 1- 50. Unfortunately, in return for the ability to play for free, SWTOR F2P players are penalized with restrictions in the game. This video is specifically for free-to-play players, and I’ll be going over tips and tricks on how to mitigate the effects of the free-to-play restrictions.

- - -

:sul_confused:

If you are a new or returning player, you may be asking, “What’s the best way to subscribe to SWTOR?” There are many different packages and ways to subscribe, and which one is best depends on how you want to play. This article will also go over ways to save money on a SWTOR subscription by purchasing Star Wars: The Old Republic subscription packs and special deals.

- - -

:csw_c3po: Ep 55

One of the great things about Star Wars: The Old Republic is that players can subscribe for one month, and then unsubscribe afterwards and retain access to the latest expansions and the ability to level to level 70. Here are SWTOR Subscriber Tips for players who will only be subscribing for a short time, what to do while subscribed, and how to easy the transition of going from Subscriber back to F2P when your sub expires!