Level 75 - Gearing the left side...

Andf

Hi All,

Having reached level 75, I am not sure how I am supposed to fill the equipment 7 slots on the left side of my character sheet.

It is clear how the item rating works and where I can find the sets, but I have no clue how to gear the right side: weapon, relics, implant and gear.

Can someone please help or tell me where I can find a guide?

Many thanks!

Yes, they do, but they don’t talk about specific items, like a named relic.

Do you mean that I should just equip a random implant?

Cheers!

The "rules" (==> guidelines) for left-side pieces are more or less the same as they were before 6.0 dropped.

I've never spent much time at any max level on a tank, and none at all on a healer, so I can speak only for my take on good (not necessarily best) options for DPS:

* Relics: Focused Retribution and Serendipitous dooblyflop(1), or Devastating Vengeance if you spend a lot of time in synced-down content.

* Implants and Ears: whatever suits your take on min-max for stats.

Note that before you reach IR 306, don't fuss over the specifics of gearing. You aren't max iR yet, so maxing your mix serves no purpose.

(1) Sorry, I don't have the whole name to hand, but it's definitely "Serendipitous".

The "rules" (==> guidelines) for left-side pieces are more or less the same as they were before 6.0 dropped.

I've never spent much time at any max level on a tank, and none at all on a healer, so I can speak only for my take on good (not necessarily best) options for DPS:

* Relics: Focused Retribution and Serendipitous dooblyflop(1), or Devastating Vengeance if you spend a lot of time in synced-down content.

* Implants and Ears: whatever suits your take on min-max for stats.

Note that before you reach IR 306, don't fuss over the specifics of gearing. You aren't max iR yet, so maxing your mix serves no purpose.

(1) Sorry, I don't have the whole name to hand, but it's definitely "Serendipitous".

Lovely, that's really helpful.

I have googled it and both relics are crafted :eek: Time to start working on it...

BTW, may I ask if I the best implants and ear come from crafting too?

Is crafting the way to go for modificaitons too?

Cheers!

Edited by Andf

Having reached level 75, I am not sure how I am supposed to fill the equipment 7 slots on the left side of my character sheet.

Basically the stuff on the upper left side - the earpiece and implants - are used to balance out your stats. That is, whether you use Critical, Alacrity, or Accuracy versions depends on what stats (mostly from enhancements) you already have. If, for example, your overall Accuracy stat is sitting at say, 105%, an Accuracy earpiece may take that to 110%.

Conversely, if your Accuracy is over 110%, replacing an Accuracy Implant with a Critical Implant may balance out better.

Overall, maximizing and balancing your stats just involves juggling the various enhancements, earpieces, and implants (and augments, when applicable) to get the desired result.

When you read build guides, they often specify particular earpieces and implants, but take those as just being typical items they used to get the result. Feel free to mix & match as necessary.

The 2 relics are basically whatever floats your boat. Most people use the one that gives you a chance of increased Critical, plus either increased Power or Mastery depending upon class/build.

There are also the "on use" Relics, which you would equip and then drag to a skillbar to use. I don't use them myself.

Note: The above is DPS oriented. Healers would use healing based Relics; Tanks would use tank based stuff.

Edited by JediQuaker

BTW, may I ask if I the best implants and ear come from crafting too?

As a crafter I can tell you that crafting is not the way to go to get earpieces**, implants**, relics**, or any other mods**. The best way to gear up in Onslaught is just to rely on drops, quest rewards, and tech fragments. You'll get boatloads of drops, etc, just from doing quests and flashpoints, whereas crafting is very expensive.

And, as I pointed out above, don't go trying to get or craft, the specific items listed in a "build" guide. You can get everything 306 you need from drops and tech fragment vendors.

** I sometimes craft some mid-level items for new alts, but I only craft augments for level 75 characters.

Edited by JediQuaker

Your answers are precious, much appreciated!

You can get everything 306 you need from drops and tech fragment vendors.

Do you mean that the modifications and the gear item level 306 that I am dropping are the best available? Should I always keep them? I do understand that I have to check the stats ì, of course!

I am asking because I am IR 306 and I m trying tpo figure where to spend my capped Tech Fragments.

Can I safely buy thr modification and the unidentified gear form the Spolis of War vendor?

Your answers are precious, much appreciated!

Do you mean that the modifications and the gear item level 306 that I am dropping are the best available? Should I always keep them? I do understand that I have to check the stats ì, of course!

I am asking because I am IR 306 and I m trying tpo figure where to spend my capped Tech Fragments.

Can I safely buy thr modification and the unidentified gear form the Spolis of War vendor?

Priority on how to spend Tech fragments:

1) set bonus

2) main tactical

3) other useful tacticals depending on spec

4a) rinse and repeat for how many characters if you want to gear or

4b) chase the BiS mods and enhancements from the RNG vendor *if* there's nothing else you want to buy

Modifications from vendors and mofications that drop are exactly the same, all RNG so check everything. Keep the good stuff luck awards, destroy the rest for more TF and chance of embers.

BiS for 75 content (dxun op, meridian flashpoint, the new planets and pvp) are, for a DPS: lethal 80 r2 mods, r18 and r19 initiative enhancements 80, r19 and r20 nimble enhancements 80, adept 80 and 80 r1. relics serendipitous assault and focused retribution, sha'tek implants and earpieces.

For level locked (70) content you want to use primeveal fateseeler and devasting vengeance relics and since power (and mastery and endurance) are capped, if you really want to go all out the low power high tertiary stat enhancements (efficient, savant and proficient r1) instead.

stat tresholds: 1590 accuracy rating for 110 % accuracy, 1213 alacrity to reach 1.4 gcd (except specs with their own alacrity boost like arsenal lighting and carnage), rest crit until around 3100 to 3300 (depends on spec) and then mastery unless you're primary doing level locked content in which case don't bother as it'd be wasted.

Edited by nyrkverse

I can't say for sure if any of the crafted 306 items would have "better" stats because I haven't bothered to try to get the better schematics. I doubt that there's any major difference. Also, the ones you get as drops have a variety of stats to suit your build.

As a poster above said, you should primarily spend your TFs on pieces of a bonus gear set and tacticals.

You can also RNG some items from the Spoils Of War vendor if there's some implant, earpiece, or relic you need.

Beyond that, you can use some TFs to buy some items like pets and mounts, from the vendors on Ossus.

Priority on how to spend Tech fragments:

1) set bonus

2) main tactical

4b) chase the BiS mods and enhancements from the RNG vendor *if* there's nothing else you want to buy

Modifications from vendors and mofications that drop are exactly the same, all RNG so check everything. Keep the good stuff luck awards, destroy the rest for more TF and chance of embers.

BiS for 75 content (dxun op, meridian flashpoint, the new planets and pvp) are, for a DPS: lethal 80 r2 mods, r18 and r19 initiative enhancements 80, r19 and r20 nimble enhancements 80, adept 80 and 80 r1. relics serendipitous assault and focused retribution, sha'tek implants and earpieces.

For level locked (70) content you want to use primeveal fateseeler and devasting vengeance relics and since power (and mastery and endurance) are capped, if you really want to go all out the low power high tertiary stat enhancements (efficient, savant and proficient r1) instead.

stat tresholds: 1590 accuracy rating for 110 % accuracy, 1213 alacrity to reach 1.4 gcd (except specs with their own alacrity boost like arsenal lighting and carnage), rest crit until around 3100 to 3300 (depends on spec) and then mastery unless you're primary doing level locked content in which case don't bother as it'd be wasted.

This should be sticked; it is so usuful for new, confused players, and I am quite sure I am not alone :)

Many Thanks! :D

I can't say for sure if any of the crafted 306 items would have "better" stats because I haven't bothered to try to get the better schematics. I doubt that there's any major difference. Also, the ones you get as drops have a variety of stats to suit your build.

As a poster above said, you should primarily spend your TFs on pieces of a bonus gear set and tacticals.

You can also RNG some items from the Spoils Of War vendor if there's some implant, earpiece, or relic you need.

Beyond that, you can use some TFs to buy some items like pets and mounts, from the vendors on Ossus.

Cool, thank you!

Here's a recap of how to fill out the left hand (LH) side items. L75 was covered above, but it sounds like the OP might have leveled to 75 without anything stuffed in the LH side. This is not good. The first and most important rule for gearing in SWTOR is to stuff every slot ASAP. It's more important to have a bad something than nothing.

LH @ L75: random drops, boxes (renown, fp, & conquest), and fragment vendor. Crafting is technically possible, but the drops are nicer and far FAR easier to get.

LH @ 10: PvP. Get the starter pvp quest and do one (1) match. It will reward you with a full set of LH items. These are sufficient for PvP'ing all the way to L74 due to bolster. They work fine in PvE, too.

LH/PvE @ 15+: crafting and gtn are a great way to improve your PvE leveling gear. However, it is definitely more efficient to use vendor items to level your first character than to pause and craft. The more characters you have, the more it pays off to craft ideal leveling sets to stuff in legacy (sharable) shells.

----

1) set bonus

2) main tactical

I'd urge swapping the sequence for tactical and set-bonus; ie. do tactical first. The reason is that many tacticals are quite nice and can make a significant and immediate improvement @ i268 (long before your set can matter). Set bonus "niceness" varies a fair bit from class to class, but it always will take 4~6 pieces before you will see any difference at all. And, that's not just 4-6 shells, but also the mods to fill them.

So, for spending fragments & maybe credits, I'd do it more like this:

1. tactical
  2. i306 (frags to upgrade boat-anchor iRating items .. ie. your lone 268 when the rest is 284)
  3. augments & set-bonus
  4. stat twiddling to taste

The reason for spending frags only on boat-anchors is that it will speed your climb to 306 without unduly sapping your fragment pile. Tactical before set is another fast step up and one you can do long before 306. Augments are often overlooked as an early step up, but they can be a very nice boost, especially before you hit the point where your set-bonus starts paying off. No need for the very best at first, too; 73s are quite close in performance to the 74s and even the lower ones are much nicer than nothing.

For set-bonus itself, seriously consider The Victor if you run a lot of FPs and/or have many alts. I chased the classic ideal set bonus first and then made a victor set for alts. Turned out the victor set is just plain nicer than the main set -- not for actual parsed DPS or tanking, but for speed and survival. It makes FPs so much faster and smoother that I made two victor sets (dps & tank) and use them over the "bis" class sets almost always.

Ever run in a group with that tank or dps that just seems to have more HP than everyone and races from pull to pull without stopping? That what The Victor set does.

Thanks for your answer, it is remarkable.

I was actually ignoring the left side while leveling, just using what I was getting from quests, I might follow your advice with my alts :)

It is clear what I have to do now:

- Ask one question. There isn't any way to nuy/acquire a specific modification without relying on RNG, is there?

- Learn about augments! (Guide available)

- Learn about Amplifiers! (Guide available)

Cheers!

Edited by Andf

- Ask one question. There isn't any way to nuy/acquire a specific modification without relying on RNG, is there?

Not that I know of. Keep in mind that all the parts are Bound To Legacy, so you can keep 306 level ones to use on alts. And also keep in mind the mix & match nature of the left side items. For example, a Critical earpiece + Alacrity Implant, has basically the same stats as an Alacrity Earpiece + a Critical Implant.

- Learn about augments! (Guide available)

- Learn about Amplifiers! (Guide available)

Don't worry too much about augments until you get your bonus set. Mk.11 slots and related augments are "best" but expensive. Mk.10 level units are almost as good, and a lot cheaper.

I haven't done much with amplifiers. They seem to mostly be just minor details that I've ignored so far.