View Single Post

tunewalker
12.12.2013 , 07:42 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Zoom_VI View Post
Well considering I play a scout and I get shot down by strikes way more than I get shot down by other scouts. I will also point out that the leaderboards are comprised of one-in-a-million matches - I have played with some of those players and they don't get half as many kills on a regular basis.

To me gunships are overpowered because 70% of my deaths are from them, I also think many skilled dogfighters gravitate to scouts particularly flashfires b/c its a craft that is entirely dependent on the pilots skill for both its survivability and kills rather than the other two which depend on cheap tricks like missiles and railguns.
And I play on a server where I have seen a couple of skilled Scout pilots average 50k damage done a game with 12-20 kills and 0-3 deaths (the only time they die is when I take to head-hunting them with 2 other pilots with me a good 15-20KM away from the node because they draw us out there and it takes the 3 of us a good minute to even land a shot on the guy between retro-thrusters the evasion Companion ability and the evasion shields constantly breaking missles locks and evading laser fire).