Kira Carsen - Companion story bug?

Blev

This new patch on the test server is the rock. :D

Kira is finally gonna getting a fix which we all have looked forward to, and AA is getting enabled.

Kira honey, we are all coming to get ya. ;)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's funny thou because

you get to romance Kira, but on the starter planet you grass on those padawan lovers if you choose that option to spill the beans on them. LOL

Stop posting spoliers Im weak willed and cant crontrol myself :(

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, looks like I was right. Was faster to make another Jedi Knight, than to wait for the fix. I'm back to where I was on my Knight, lvl 36, and let me tell you, you really don't want to play the Jedi Knight without Kira working properly. There's a loot of Kira-goodies in this game!

Great, I re-rolled my JK two days ago! Feel pretty stupid now x) but I guess the story will make more sense atleast. Does anyone know if the dark side flirt-option change the romance or is it the same when you skip that and choose the netrual flirt later?

The story doesn't change, whether you do the Dark Side flirt or not.

Great, I re-rolled my JK two days ago! Feel pretty stupid now x) but I guess the story will make more sense atleast. Does anyone know if the dark side flirt-option change the romance or is it the same when you skip that and choose the netrual flirt later?

I finally caved myself and made another JK. I just got to the defector mission last night. Did the DS Flirt and had no issues. Got several more conversations than the first time I played through with the bugged kira. So I'm happy to report she is indeed fixed for new JK even if you choose the DS Flirt.

Oh and I'm currently level 26 with around 2600 AP with Kira if your wanting to know my lvl.

Edited by VlPER

Stop posting spoliers Im weak willed and cant crontrol myself :(

It isnt a spoiler, if you've played tython (which I assumeeveryone on this thread has) there is no spoiler here. Just an ironic truth from tython =D

The real question is: are they also going to reset our class quests? I've long hit 50 in the time it took them to correct this, but I feel like you'd be missing out on a lot of content if all this fix did was enable to crappy little side conversations on your ship.

patience went out the window when i bugged this in july, then august, then sept, then oct....

see where i'm going with this?? Am i glad its finally being fixed? yes. should it have taken anywhere near this long? absolutly not. should they (bw) have better relayed how high it was on their priority list it was? yes. obviously it wasnt anywhere near the top during beta.

they specifically put it on the high priority list, and maybe it WASN'T during beta, hell, of all the things they could have worked on maybe they didn't have time to get to it

I guess here's how you people have went:

1) GAHHHH fix kira (which i was apart of)

2) dev mentions they're looking into it

3) YAYYYY (once again, which i was a part of)

4) frustration with no word (i was part of)

5) finally some more word saying they were still working on it

6) yay

7) this is the part where the board goes bat**** insane. "wahhh, bioware didn't tell us anything about itttt", "bioware is never going to fix thissss", "bioware doesn't care about ussss" (i was quite disgusted with this, but I will admit i was a bit frustrated without an ETA)

8) they finally announce the status of the patch and how it's coming soon

9)"screw you bioware, you shouldn't have taken this long even though we're probably just angsty teenagers posting on this board and don't know what goes into programming a game"

but hey, it's your right to complain and tell them it's "unacceptable" but guess what? they still fixed it, and you're going to give them your money anyway

The real question is: are they also going to reset our class quests? I've long hit 50 in the time it took them to correct this, but I feel like you'd be missing out on a lot of content if all this fix did was enable to crappy little side conversations on your ship.

The impression I've gotten so far is...

If your companion is out during any random convo, they will contribute if need be.

For instance, playing an Inquisitor in a party with another Inquisitor. I had Khem out, and they did not. I was given a dialogue choice they didn't get, b/c they didn't have him out at the time.

So most generic quest dialogues, where Kira was meant to say something, she should have.

The "bug" was that she didn't offer her own side quests, or progress into "romantic encounters" with you. All of which are separate from the general gameplay, as well as class specific gameplay.

In short... you shouldn't have missed anything from 1 to 50, except you went with a "friend" instead of a "girlfriend" through it all.

It's funny thou because

you get to romance Kira, but on the starter planet you grass on those padawan lovers if you choose that option to spill the beans on them. LOL

LOL I did that too.

Also you can choose to expose those 2 Jedi on that Imperial space station after you finish on Belsavis. I haven't been able to get any Kira quests, but when I chose the "I don't believe the Jedi views on love are correct," Kira responded with "Now that's the understatement of the century."

If you read my spoiler, is the game assuming I've reieved the earlier side quests from Kira? Because I guess I chose the DS decision before the patch, yet I'll get the occasional comment like that in story cutsccenes.

lol I still can't believe it's taking this long!

BTW I have got doc to 10k affection. At around 9k I got a quest off of him, requiring me to talk to Kira.. So because Kira is bugged and I can't speak to her, Doc is also bugged!

Great job BioWare. You hype up companions to be a major part of the story with 'all the dark secrets' they behold and you don't even test them yourself!!

I am starting to think that BioWare don't/didn't actually play their own game.

The last Jedi Knight storyline instance is BUGGY AS HELL!! & Bouny Hunters can't even finish their class story cause of a bug that prevents them getting the interlude quest!

If they played these classes through themselves they would understand this.

Edited by CivicTiger

The impression I've gotten so far is...

If your companion is out during any random convo, they will contribute if need be.

For instance, playing an Inquisitor in a party with another Inquisitor. I had Khem out, and they did not. I was given a dialogue choice they didn't get, b/c they didn't have him out at the time.

So most generic quest dialogues, where Kira was meant to say something, she should have.

The "bug" was that she didn't offer her own side quests, or progress into "romantic encounters" with you. All of which are separate from the general gameplay, as well as class specific gameplay.

In short... you shouldn't have missed anything from 1 to 50, except you went with a "friend" instead of a "girlfriend" through it all.

This is what I've been trying to say. I've been 50 for a while now (JG) and I haven't missed anything main quest wise with Kira. And yes, there was some special dialog that took place. The main quest checks your affection with her for those convo's from what I can tell.

To prove that point:

In the last quest, I got a very passionate kiss from her (fyi: I have the bug)

Edited by DigitalMaster

FIXED in the next patch! We've been heard!

http://www.swtor.com/community/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=1308378

Not only is it fixed, it's the first thing mentioned in the PTR announcement.

As with every update, 1.1 includes many high-priority bug fixes. We have corrected the issue that prevented some Jedi Knights from progressing in Kira Carsen’s affection conversations, made some previously inaccessible Datacrons reachable, and have made many fixes to various issues in Flashpoints and Operations.

(emphasis mine)

Companions

Kira Carsen

Fixed an issue that caused players to be unable to progress in Kira’s affection conversations. Players previously affected by this issue can now speak to Kira and progress normally.

/does the happy dance

It would be nice if they would reset the Kira quests with this patch. I screwed up the romance conversations with Kira because I was afraid of bugging it out, found out right after I did the conversations after the Defector. I just hit 33, and I'd really rather not have to reroll just to fix this one small thing. It looks like all the romance conversation options are gone now, which is really disappointing.

Here's my theory on why it took this long to fix (total speculation):

Ever since the game came out, they've been having the "Special Ops" QA guys working on these smaller, more targeted bugs and putting out the 1.0x patches. They survey the situation, sneak in with dart guns and night-vision goggles, and take out the bugs that won't alert the entire hive.

Now we've got 1.1 on the way. This is the big operation that the main force of the QA 1st Army has been planning since they all got back from Holiday leave. Subtlety's out the window, and they're just going to shell a huge amount of bugs from orbit, then go in and clean up everything that's not cratered. It's not a job that could have been done by the smaller, more targeted teams.

Edited by TirJin_Meteos

It would be nice if they would reset the Kira quests with this patch. I screwed up the romance conversations with Kira because I was afraid of bugging it out, found out right after I did the conversations after the Defector. I just hit 33, and I'd really rather not have to reroll just to fix this one small thing. It looks like all the romance conversation options are gone now, which is really disappointing.

Dunno if you saw my post above, but it'll be fixed next patch.

Dunno if you saw my post above, but it'll be fixed next patch.

I did see that, do the patch notes mean that Bioware is going to reset the conversations we've already gone through? From the way I understood it, it would just fix the conversations for people who had their progress bugged and prevented from continuing.

In my situation, I didn't choose the DS flirt and got the next 2 conversations. However, I chose the wrong options for those conversations.