An Update on the Summer of SWTOR

BruceMaclean

• Dev Post

Hello everyone!

Here is a fresh update on where we are at in terms of hitting our schedules for the Summer of SWTOR, and a recap of all the exciting things we have in the works for the months ahead. All of the below dates are the dates the teams are shooting for. As you saw with Game Update 2.2 which had to be moved back by one day, it’s entirely possible these will move!

Double XP Weekends! We’d like to help you stay cool in the heat of the summer with three sessions of double XP, beginning with this weekend:

Double XP Weekend 1:

• Start: June 21st @6pm GMT
  • End: June 24th @7am GMT

Double XP Weekend 2:

• Start: June 28th @6pm GMT
  • End: July 1st @7am GMT

Double XP Weekend 3:

• Start: July 4th @11am GMT
  • End: July 8th @7am GMT

On July 9th we will launch Nightmare Mode Scum and Villainy as a part of Game Update 2.2.2! This Nightmare Mode Operation is currently up on Public Test Server!

On July 23rd look for a return of the Relics of the Gree Event for a nice two week long run:

• Per community request the event will scale up to level 55 on this next run, including better loot rewards, commendations, and achievements
  • Possible drops include a new Sphere Transport Enclosure vehicle

August 6th is still our target date for Game Update 2.3. *Watch for lots more details on the features below in upcoming blogs, mailers, and community meet and greets!* Some of the bigger parts of this update are:

• New Flashpoints
  • New Daily Area
  • Game-wide color vibrancy improvement
  • New Recurring Event: Bounty Contract Week

Even though it’s part of Game Update 2.3 we are planning to start the Bounty Contract Week on August 13th. Bounty Contract Week is a monthly event, so if you miss it the first time, don’t worry – it will return next month! The event above was actually teased in our Community Meet & Greet last week and we’ll be sharing more details soon. Here is a snippet for now:

Bounty Contract Week provides new missions with full voice-over that will take you on a hunt for high-value bounty targets across the galaxy. Each bounty contract scales to your level, from 15 to 55, providing experience, credits, Commendations, and Reputation with the Bounty Brokers Association.

Game Update 2.4 is also in the pipe and being worked on for an October release. Even though our mantra is smaller more frequent patches this particular update is shaping up to be very big, with tons of new content and big PvP updates especially targeting Ranked play. We’ll start sharing details next month. If you absolutely *have* to glimpse the potential future, enter a Force trance and focus on these key phrases. Oricon. Warzone Arenas. Dread Masters.

This isn’t an exhaustive list, and we are also working on some longer term stuff. As we get closer we’ll have a lot more juicy details on what’s above. Keep your eyes peeled to the forums and SWTOR.com for more information!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oricon.
Wonder what this is.

Warzone Arenas.
Hmm ok,will this be existing wz made into arenas or something else,sounds interesting.

What ever you are doing make it fun and require smaller groups.

Edited by Lord_Karsk

I hope that Bioware can continue with giving us info 2 patches ahead. While 2.4 is far away, at least knowing that it is coming is a reassurance.

Kinda hoping that around the time 2.3 comes out we may get our first hints about 2.5.

On July 23rd look for a return of the Relics of the Gree Event for a nice two week long run:

Per community request the event will scale up to level 55 on this next run, including better loot rewards, commendations, and achievements

Possible drops include a new Sphere Transport Enclosure vehicle

Legacy vibroknife, scattergun and shield / focus / generator would be sweet, for us with plenty of alts.

Hello everyone!

Oricon. Warzone Arenas. Dread Masters.

Warzone ARENAS huh? Hmmm....very interesting! I hope that ends up being what I want it to mean. I'd love an arena where the primary objective, was PvP focused.

Hello everyone!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bounty Contract Week is a monthly event, so if you miss it the first time, don’t worry – it will return next month!

New Event Awesome! My only questions is: Will the Gree event still be recurring? Or will it be replaced by the Bounty Hunter event? (Need time to get my Blue Sphere mount!)

• Game-wide color vibrancy improvement

I was tickled by the original idea of great, big graphics improvement, but the term "vibrancy improvement" makes my eyes itch. Please tell me it's not going to be a bloomy candyland with oversaturated colours. I was rather hoping for a touch-up like finally fixing the grass textures and some other ugly tiling stuff (nagnagnag!), improving AA, that kind of thing.

Would be nice to have a developer/artist blog teaser on that sometime soonish, like the one about the foliage shader improvements, with a few before/after shots :)

I was tickled by the original idea of great, big graphics improvement, but the term "vibrancy improvement" makes my eyes itch. Please tell me it's not going to be a bloomy candyland with oversaturated colours. I was rather hoping for a touch-up like finally fixing the grass textures and some other ugly tiling stuff (nagnagnag!), improving AA, that kind of thing.

Would be nice to have a developer/artist blog teaser on that sometime soonish, like the one about the foliage shader improvements, with a few before/after shots :)

I would recommend checking the images from the flash drive about the bounty hunter event. It is probably safe to assume that at least some of the changes are somewhere in there.

Oricon

Oricon

Astrographical

Region

Outer Rim Territories[1]

Sector

Corva sector[1]

System

Oricon system[1]

Grid coordinates

P-3[1]

Physical

Points of interest

Darth Vitus's compound

Oricon was a moon in the Outer Rim Territories.

History

An insignificant world, it was once home to Darth Vitus, before its location was lost to the wider galaxy. Vitus experimented with Sith alchemy on the world, creating monsters strong with the dark side. During the age of the Great Sith War, a group of Sith tracked the world down from clues in a holocron, eventually leading them to Darth Vitus's compound.

This could be very very interesting...

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Oricon

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Vitus

Darth Vitus was a male individual who became a Sith at some point before the time of the Mandalorian Wars and the Jedi Civil War. After gaining significant knowledge of how to utilize Sith alchemy, he desired to develop his understanding of the subject further, so he carried out research at a compound on the moon Oricon in the Outer Rim Territories. During the course of his investigations, Vitus experimented on monsters that were strong in the dark side of the Force.

Behind the scenes

Darth Vitus was created by Matthew Grau and featured in "Behind the Threat: The Sith Antiheroes", an article that was published on Wizards.com in 2008.

Edited by Lord_Karsk