Knight VS Warrior Story Line

Snugglepie

Knight is sooooooooo slow til Act 3

Warrior actually keeps you entertained with choking/killing everyone. I think it had a underwhelming ending, though.

Both are good stories, but you have to choose:

Slow, but picks up and has rewarding ending.

Or

Good all around, but has somewhat weak ending.

They're both pretty good. The knight story has a major dramatic event played out in an extensive cut scene. I really enjoyed that. The warrior story spread out the dramatic build more consistently. I found the warrior climax slightly more interesting and satisfying. The warrior story was easily my favorite out of the 6 I've completed (I haven't done inquisitor yet and I'm still in chapter 1 for the trooper).

i actually liked the Act 1 knight better than warrior. Warrior act 1 felt slow to me until tatooine to me but warrior act 2 is better for sure i though act 3 warrior and knight were a tie imo they both were good. Edited by Zaxem

I've played them both and Warrior is vastly preferable.

You will feel the boredom as a Jedi, even if you go dark side.

Let's say Obi-wan and Yoda were "wise old sages" who dispensed wisdom--that's basically what they do in the movies. They were also crotchety, misanthropic, a little angry, and unpredictable.

Now, take away the wisdom and basically take away any character traits. You have "Mace Windu" and "Qui-Gon Jinn," and the boring "monk" archetypes of the prequel trilogy. That's the Jedi characters in this, sadly. While KOTOR gave almost every Jedi character an edge (especially the protagonists,) they went the other way here. Bastila was an ice princess, and enticing, for classic story, love interest reasons--your female warrior Jedi companion is "spunky," here. That's all. Spunky.

You can kind of get into the story, or role-playing as a "good" Jedi, but you never, ever say anything wise. You never, ever reveal anything but a dull "zen," "good" outlook in your character interactions. And the character arc is "zen, good, dull"---->"zen, good, dull."

Knight is sooooooooo slow til Act 3

Warrior actually keeps you entertained with choking/killing everyone. I think it had a underwhelming ending, though.

Both are good stories, but you have to choose:

Slow, but picks up and has rewarding ending.

Or

Good all around, but has somewhat weak ending.

that's sounds like the yoda said something like :

faster but not more power.

wow, swtor is just so good at its class story, isn't it?

it is so pity that EA runs it at a bad end.

In general, Warrior has more twists and better plot. Knight is incredibly slow, especially during Act 1, and it finally only starts to pick up at Act 3.

Warrior however, has a strong Act 1 and Act 2. Act 3 is underwhelming compared to the others, but in my opinion, it picks up a bit on Corellia, and the ending makes up for it.

Warrior was my first 50. Knight was my second. Love the class, the animation differences, the over all feel of them. However when it comes to story....I liked the Knight story, I LOVED the warrior story. Begining to end, it is my favorite in the game with one exception and those who have played it will know of what I speak, even though to prevent spoilers, I won't actually speak it. Seriously my options at that point were highly limited to what my character would have done....

Otherwise, amazing story...loved it.

Act 1 for the Knight was preferable to act 1 for the Warrior for me, The Climax for Act 1 on the Knight was a bit anti-climactic...(Ok, now you've done Act 1, Good Job! *Pat on the back* Now go do this...)...but there's some revenge in it, and you can convert some Sith to Jedi...it's interesting...

Act 2 does proceed pretty slowly, however, there are enough little story tidbits that keep you interested, the ending here is interesting enough though...

You go to fight the emperor, which you think will be successful, and you actually get completely mopped up by the Emperor himself, and he captures your entire boarding party. You are trained by Sith and eventually allowed to escape by Lord Scourge and the ghost of your now dead Master Orgus

Act 3 is *quite* a bit better on the Knight, it really starts to pick up there and makes quite a bit of difference in how the last impression of the story feels...having Scourge along for the ride is...interesting...he's hilarious sometimes, and yet, when you lose A LOT of affection for making LS Jedi choices you almost want to force choke him yourself. Keep him out of conversations and buy lots of gifts if you want him to stay green on your affection bar.

Act 1 on the SW is a long protracted "you're my Apprentice now go do blah!" followed by (insert sarcastic response to Baras here...) Basically, Act 1 is a little more interesting in some ways on the SW because of decisions presented at key points, but the overall story is repetitive and a bit more mundane than the JK; which, while repetitive, has a few more story pieces that make it a bit more interesting overall in my mind.

Act 2 on the SW is essentially a bit more interesting than the JK simply because it's a power quest for your master, and you have to go and basically "earn" for him the reward he seeks. The twist near the end of Act 2 is quite a bit interesting

If you don't already know, this is where Darth Baras essentially betrays you, thinking he left you for dead. However, his other apprentice is a complete screw up and botches the job! The emperor's hand agents find you and deem you to be selected to become the Emperor's Wrath, essentially replacing the now vacated Scourge who's running around with the JK at this time.

Act 3 Is really pretty slow so far for the SW, haven't quite finished the story yet, but it's not because I haven't played the toon, it's primarily because the story hasn't really picked up enough for me to bother at the moment, I will probably get to knocking it out soon...just haven't been in a huge hurry...Class story is currently left off either at the end of Belsavis or done on Belsavis. Can't remember which though...

Edited by planet_J

The Jedi Knight's story is a direct continuation of KOTOR, KOTOR2 and the book Revan. When people ask if KOTOR3 is going to be made, it has, and it's the Jedi Knight's story. So if you enjoyed the original games, then the Jedi Knight is a story you'll want to experience.

But from a stand alone perspective, the Sith Warrior's story is much better. My warrior is Light sided, and the Light sided Warrior story is one of my all time favorite Star Wars stories.

Animation and Faction doesn't matter to me but I am wondering for those of you have had played both or know a lot about both classes which is the "better" story (More twists and a better Plot). Thanks :D

My first character was a full LS Knight (Sentinel) and I really enjoyed the story, so much so I rolled a Guardian later and decided to make him full DS. Some of the story changes and plot developments (PM me if you want spoiler info) made my jaw drop and I was blown away at how going dark side changed this storyline.

I heard that like Knight, Warrior also has some significant changes to the story depending if you go LS or DS so I rolled a LS Juggernaut and got him to 50, I'm now playing a full DS Marauder.

Knight/Warrior are my favorite class to play, I just love the play style of both specializations. While I feel Agent was a close second for most interesting and engrossing story, the inner kid in me just loves being a Knight or Sith Warrior and wielding those saber(s). I just wish there hadn't been so much whining in Beta about the titles (going LS or DS affected the title you got at the end for Knight) but that's how it goes. :)

• 4 weeks later...

I just finished The Jedi Knight storyline and it was pretty good, especially the cut scenes...very nice!

The Warrior (I played the Marauder) was fun and exciting...very enjoyable! It is a matter of personal opinion mind you, but I thoroughly enjoyed both!

I may be biased since the Warrior is my main but that has been my favourite story thus far. Everything about the warrior's story (including the voice actor) was a joy to experience. From what I've played of the Jedi Knight I'm not impressed. I like the Consular more (providing you go dark), the idea of being the secret police of the Jedi is way more enticing then what you do as the Knight.

Warrior storyline was the best out of everything I have played so far. I made the character with no real intention of leveling it as I generally hate playing melee. The story drew me in and my warrior ended up being my first 50 :) I played through as neutral which I think I added a lot more to the story than just mashing one alignment choice all the way up.

I just wish google search hadn't ruined one of the major spoilers for me...beware of that!

• 2 weeks later...