Artificing and lightsaber

Cyanotek

My main character is an assassin with Artificer/Arch/Treasure. I have Athiss Twinblade (dual bladed LS) and was wondering if there is any reason to upgrade the weapon if I am able to keep upgrading the hilt, enhancement, mod and crystal?

other then the base stats on the lightsaber with out mods there is not much reason to change it. some higher lvl sabers will have better base statistics on them before you start sloting mods in them, but the difrennce is so small most of the time its kinda moot.

Edited by Celticprince

There are no base stats on orange items, stop spreading misinformation.

actualy yes there is, they have a base minimum and maximum damage. unless they changed it over night which they have not. go look at the orange lightsabers on balmora then go look at a lvl 50 orange light saber, diffrent base damage.

actualy yes there is, they have a base minimum and maximum damage. unless they changed it over night which they have not. go look at the orange lightsabers on balmora then go look at a lvl 50 orange light saber, diffrent base damage.

There are some orange items that sold with mods , enhancements, etc whatever on them. That's the source of the base min and max damage you're talking about. Orange items on their own do not have stats.

There are some orange items that sold with mods , enhancements, etc whatever on them. That's the source of the base min and max damage you're talking about. Orange items on their own do not have stats.

Sorry, but you are wrong. Get any orange saber and take out all of the mod items, THEN examine the saber. You will see the base damage stats for that saber.

Sorry, but you are wrong. Get any orange saber and take out all of the mod items, THEN examine the saber. You will see the base damage stats for that saber.

What you're saying is true, but when you put in hilts, mods, enhancements and so on it'll be the same as for every other custom lightsaber.

What you're saying is true, but when you put in hilts, mods, enhancements and so on it'll be the same as for every other custom lightsaber.

all of the mods will add to the base, not replace it, so no it wont be exactly the same, small minute diffrences.

I.E. You have too light sabers, LS 1 has 40 damage with everything removed, LS 2 will have 50 with everything removed, you slot the same exact enhancements, mods, etc. into both LS 1 and LS 2 ...LS 2 will still do ten more damage.

Edited by Celticprince

all of the mods will add to the base, not replace it, so no it wont be exactly the same, small minute diffrences.

I.E. You have too light sabers, LS 1 has 40 damage with everything removed, LS 2 will have 50 with everything removed, you slot the same exact enhancements, mods, etc. into both LS 1 and LS 2 ...LS 2 will still do ten more damage.

Actually, what most others are saying is correct. Both lightsabers, with all mods removed, will have the same base stats. The only difference is the skin of the weapon. I'll even do a pretentious, hypothetical scenario for you. You have two lightsabers. LS 1 has 10 base damage with everything removed. LS 2 has 10 base damage with everything removed. LS 3, LS 4, and every other orange rarity lightsaber will have that same base damage.

Also, you can try this experiment in your own home. Acquire two orange rarity lightsabers, and remove all of the modifications from them. Then, equip one, compare the two, take a screenshot, and set it as your wallpaper.