Hood On/Off Toggle?

Morniel

I'm just really surpised half the armor/robe looks we've seen in the Jedi knight class video, class photos, etc seem to be nonexistent in the game. I'm up to level 35 and on Balmorra, and haven't seen any sort of armor/robe combo yet worth taking, and if I want a chestpiece without a hood, my options are to either look like a trooper or take light armor meant for Consulars.

I'm confident Bioware will address this in the future, but i'll feel pretty bummed out if i've already leveled to 50 before I get a chance to see my guy's hair.

Me too. I have a hoodless cape chestpiece I found in the GTN, but I know I will outlevel it soon and I'm already dreading being Baldy McHood again. C'mon, Devs, let us know you hear us and are doing something about this.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been REALLY wanting a hood toggle as well.

The character customisation is woefully inadequate - especially for an MMO. And even more so since APB and Eve-Online Incarna.

And please also stop my robe from making my butt look like a table!

Edited by hurrakan

Been trying to get myself a trooper set because of this, just missing the pants now and i think i got a look that is ok for now. If the devs have not noticed this issue by now, they are not doing their job.

You look okay, because you look like an entirely different class. The Devs need to think about this: the lack of ANY hoodless options for Guardians is making people dress them up like Troopers and disregard every bit of gear they made for them.

A response please?

I am currently using an Orange quality chest made for a smuggler - I removed all the mods and put in my own. I imagine I'll use it until endgame. There are also some neat Smuggler head pieces that are available with commendations you can purchase as you level. Same deal: remove unwanted mods, replace as you level with wanted stats.

It results in a pretty cool Smuggler styled Sent. It is a shame though that Bioware doesn't deviate from the bathrobe/housecoat template for Jedi gear.

Everyone wants to look like the archetype they've been promoting all these years.

As a compromise - I'd be willing to accept this.

Edited by Brightblack

What about social vendors? have anyone found or heard anything about this? coro has vendors with female dresses.

maybe there is some modable good social gear other places?

There is, but none of it is Heavy Armor as far as I have seen. All Light and Medium. Won't do for Guardan.

There is, but none of it is Heavy Armor as far as I have seen. All Light and Medium. Won't do for Guardan.

I don't get it.

If you watch the Jedi Knight Armor Progression video.. None of the Guardians are wearing hoods at high level armor. And the jedi knight at character selection sheet in the uber cool trooper mixed with a cloak but with the hood down...

Someone else mentioned it, but it wont look good with crazy eye implants either. They need to allow all of the face stuff to be hidden. If they can't make a hood down, I would take them just not having a hood. That's how much this bothers me. Or more specifically.. my character being bald. >:(

Edit: And sith warriors have plenty of non-hooded gear. and even the jedi knight on the freaking loading screen has no hood.

Basically we are wearing the same chest piece from lvl 10 to lvl 50. I'm absolutely speechless. were are the armors from the trailer?:(

Edited by Frezu

I don't get it.

If you watch the Jedi Knight Armor Progression video.. None of the Guardians are wearing hoods at high level armor. And the jedi knight at character selection sheet in the uber cool trooper mixed with a cloak but with the hood down...

Someone else mentioned it, but it wont look good with crazy eye implants either. They need to allow all of the face stuff to be hidden. If they can't make a hood down, I would take them just not having a hood. That's how much this bothers me. Or more specifically.. my character being bald. >:(

Edit: And sith warriors have plenty of non-hooded gear. and even the jedi knight on the freaking loading screen has no hood.

Basically we are wearing the same chest piece from lvl 10 to lvl 50. I'm absolutely speechless. were are the armors from the trailer?:(

It makes no sense. It's like a game advertising Batman in his movie costume for three years and then when you get the game the only outfit you are offered is the Adam West tights.

Judging by the number of views on this thread only 2 days in, it is time for the Devs to address what they are going to do about giving us plenty of hood down options for our Jedi Guardians, as they more than suggested we would get.

where to sign the petition?

They say petitions aren't allowed as per Forum rules. I tried one in Beta on this issue. It was up to a few hundred before they shut it off. I don't know how to make a Poll on here but if anyone does, please feel free. Thanks.

I have to agree, you need a hood down, or even a non-robe armor. If you watch the movies few jedi fight with their hoods on, heck, most shed their robes before going into battle. And when talking to anyone, they all have their hoods down, not up.

Quite disappointed in this.

My Jedi Guardian's thankfully low enough to not have a hood yet, but my Sith Inquisitor just picked up an awesome armor that has a hood, and my gods, she looks so bald now. I don't have a problem with my character looking bald — if that's what I had intended. But I gave her hair, so it's rather frustrating.

Comparison:

Bald

Not Bald

My Jedi Guardian's thankfully low enough to not have a hood yet, but my Sith Inquisitor just picked up an awesome armor that has a hood, and my gods, she looks so bald now. I don't have a problem with my character looking bald — if that's what I had intended. But I gave her hair, so it's rather frustrating.

Comparison:

Bald

Not Bald

Lol I'm not at the hooded level yet, so hadn't seen this. I thought you looked bald, but you actually are bald. Thats just plain stupid BW. I used your very limited character creation tool to make a character with hair, thank you very much.

As for dev response. According to the dev tracker they don't respond to anything other then costumer service related stuff.

I think I'm not gonna activate my code and wait for it to be fixed.

I just can't stand that and the large butt. :/

They completely ruined it for me.

Also, the Jedi robes are the most hideous textures of the game so far, in exploration mode. It's like it's stuck on "low res" -__________- .

And where is the originality ? it's the same ugly crap till the end :/ .

Also, the "hood down" does exist, not just "disappearing" like Twileks or when you wear a helmet, look at NPC on tython, they all have a clipped hood down. :/ WE WANT THAT.

I think I'm not gonna activate my code and wait for it to be fixed.

I just can't stand that and the large butt. :/

They completely ruined it for me.

Also, the Jedi robes are the most hideous textures of the game so far, in exploration mode. It's like it's stuck on "low res" -__________- .

And where is the originality ? it's the same ugly crap till the end :/ .

Also, the "hood down" does exist, not just "disappearing" like Twileks or when you wear a helmet, look at NPC on tython, they all have a clipped hood down. :/ WE WANT THAT.

I got lucky and found the only hood down chestpiece in the game after level 13 (Prototype Bronzium Gamorrean Breastplate) but as soon as I outlevel it, I am parking my Jedi and playing an alt until they fix this.

While I personally would like a hood down toggle, I would not want it at the expense of my current armor. I got a nice grey robe, with a green tunic; as a Corellian Jedi, my toon appreciates having the color scheme right. Also, the higher level armors with the wacky shoulder pads designed by Rob Liefield look, IMO, hideous ... when does a Jedi ever have that kind of wardrobe in the series?

I'd rather stick with more movie/clone wars cartoon canon robes & armor then have other options without a hood that make no sense.

YMMV

While I personally would like a hood down toggle, I would not want it at the expense of my current armor. I got a nice grey robe, with a green tunic; as a Corellian Jedi, my toon appreciates having the color scheme right. Also, the higher level armors with the wacky shoulder pads designed by Rob Liefield look, IMO, hideous ... when does a Jedi ever have that kind of wardrobe in the series?

I'd rather stick with more movie/clone wars cartoon canon robes & armor then have other options without a hood that make no sense.

YMMV

Why would a hood down toggle remove your current armor. You'd just be able to see your face when you wear your Corellian Jedi. I just want non hooded options that look like the current Jedi armor in the game added in. I don't want people to lose hooded options they like, just to give those of us that want to see our face and hair instead of a bald hooded Jedi every cutscene.