Enemies health keeps increasing, but my damage doesn't catch up....

Kboogle

I'm playing a Sith Juggernaut and I know it's a tank class, but I'm level 25 now and enemies have lots more health now than at lower levels, but my damage increase doesn't really compare... I keep my gear updated all the time through Synthweaving and mods into my custom gear, but still it seems like it now takes as long to kill a normal type mob as it used to to kill a Strong type mob...

Am I doing something obviously wrong? I switched to the Vengeance skill tree for leveling up, but the damage increase isn't that much.

Three obvious questions: what companion are you using, if a healer (which you may have by now depending how quick you're doing the story), then your damage may decrease simply because only one of you is doing any real damage. That said it shouldn't go down that much?

Second question: you mention gear, are you including the weapon as well as armour in that? If not, you may need to upgrade your hilt, since weapon damage scales with it? You should also keep companion gear up to date, helps alot.

Third: are you buying and upgrading your skills since that will have a massive impact on your performance?

Edit: damned spelling.

Edited by Nicoae

As you said, you said you are a tank, which means your damage simply won't scale as quickly as someone who is DPS spec. You make up for it by being very hard to kill. It can take a while, but you can win. You're also likely to be able to take on more enemies at once than someone who is DPS, so it works out in the end Edited by Beemerchick

Even taking that into account though, it shouldn't be taking op as long as described, especially in a dps spec which op says they're in. I know my guardians killing speed went into overdrive when I ditched tank spec in favour of dps.

That said, all true.

I'm playing a Sith Juggernaut and I know it's a tank class, but I'm level 25 now and enemies have lots more health now than at lower levels, but my damage increase doesn't really compare... I keep my gear updated all the time through Synthweaving and mods into my custom gear, but still it seems like it now takes as long to kill a normal type mob as it used to to kill a Strong type mob...

Am I doing something obviously wrong? I switched to the Vengeance skill tree for leveling up, but the damage increase isn't that much.

Do you use your comp?

you need lvl 30.. and above to finaly get some dps as jugger.

myself i lvled in venge specc. all the the way...

and it was not untill iw as 40+ that i started using soresu form.

i just made sure i had best gear possible.

Make sure you are upgrading your lightsaber hilt every few levels as the power rating of your hilt determines a significant portion of your damage. You can upgrade it every odd level (3,5,7,9 etc)

you need lvl 30.. and above to finaly get some dps as jugger.

myself i lvled in venge specc. all the the way...

and it was not untill iw as 40+ that i started using soresu form.

i just made sure i had best gear possible.

um no way, my guardian is lvl33 right now and it's damage is HORRIBLE as both vengeance and focus and all my gear (modded gear especially) is completely up to date. guardians/jugs just have really really terrible damage while leveling apparently.

I have 2 50s (shadow and powertech) and 6 other lvl25+ chars (including the guardian) and guardian has been the worst to level by a long shot. actually my guardian is on balmorra right now (haven't gotten my healer yet) and I could BARELY even kill the elites when I first got there, had to blow all my CDs just to kill one.

Edited by GregMD

I went immortal till 40 and rerolled a bh cuz I had no fun with it then I went back to jugg as veng. I still had a difficult time with it at lvl 41. Took another break and came back to jugg as rage and it became crazy fun.

No offense intended, but if anyone is having a difficult time leveling as a Jugg/Guadian your doing something horribly wrong. You should be blowing through these mobs with little to no difficulty unless you are trying to solo group heroic quests.

I know this isn't incredibly helpful, but stick in there and try different things. You should be able to identify your problem and adjust accordingly. Perhaps respec to a different tree that fits your play style.

No offense intended, but if anyone is having a difficult time leveling as a Jugg/Guadian your doing something horribly wrong. You should be blowing through these mobs with little to no difficulty unless you are trying to solo group heroic quests.

I know this isn't incredibly helpful, but stick in there and try different things. You should be able to identify your problem and adjust accordingly. Perhaps respec to a different tree that fits your play style.

I'm doing absolutely nothing wrong on my guardian yet it's so horrible when leveling that I just dropped the AC entirely. Have you leveled any other class besides a jugg/guardian? Edited by GregMD

47 Merc

45 Assassin

50 Guadian

50 Juggernaut

This AC is unrivaled in the speed at which you can destroy mobs. Again, no offense intended but your issue is not due to an underpowered class.

I will say however that there was definitely a point at which (on my Jugg, my first char) it clicked and suddenly all make sense. Had no issues after that.

Edited by Ghalthos
Clarification

47 Merc

45 Assassin

50 Guadian

50 Juggernaut

This AC is unrivaled in the speed at which you can destroy mobs. Again, no offense intended but your issue is not due to an underpowered class.

There's nothing you could possibly be doing that's any different from what I'm doing, if I wasn't lazy as **** I would fraps my guardian and post it on youtube. It has the absolute worst damage out of any of my characters. My marauder is perfectly fine on the other hand. Edited by GregMD

As you said, you said you are a tank, which means your damage simply won't scale as quickly as someone who is DPS spec. You make up for it by being very hard to kill. It can take a while, but you can win. You're also likely to be able to take on more enemies at once than someone who is DPS, so it works out in the end

A vengeance specced jug who's in dps stance is NOT a tank. They don't have an appreciable increase in survivability and certainly aren't "very hard to kill."

The short answer is, jug dps isn't as high as other dps classes because BW screwed up. The long answer is, it's going to get a lot better as soon as you get Impale in the 30's somewhere.

I leveled up as both immortal and Vengence (I had 2 juggernauts) and vengence is by far faster and better in almost every way. That said, if you want to practise tanking, level as immortal, but killing things will be ultra slow. And I suspect this is the case here. dps gear wont help much if your spec doesn't match it.

I'm not saying you shouldn't be immortal, I'm saying, don't expect it to be fast, because its not. Bosses take forever to kill (especially the last one, which only took a couple of minutes with Vengence). Rage works too, it focuses on AoE damage and such. Maybe more of a PvP tree, but works fine in PvE too. To each his/her own I always say, so go with what is most fun for you.

Personally, I love rage, I use it for PvP and it is fantastic, but, you are pretty much a 2 tricks' horse (Force Scream & smash for the most part, along with the tree ability: Force crush).

There's nothing you could possibly be doing that's any different from what I'm doing, if I wasn't lazy as **** I would fraps my guardian and post it on youtube. It has the absolute worst damage out of any of my characters. My marauder is perfectly fine on the other hand.

Marauder is not fine, it needs a nerf and never too soon (same with its counter part naturally). I play rage juggernaut and I think I'm doing fine. I might not have seen any 300K damage medals, but I reach the 75K one without breaking a sweat and I guard people and get kills just like any other (in Soresu form). bt the truth is, Marauders and Sentinels need a nerf badly, but BW will not nerf their babies, because it is the FOTM and has been since 1.2 at least, and if they nerf them, ppl might cry and quit the game.

Oh and, Synthweaving is Forceuser version of Armormech, while artifice is the forceuser version of armstech. so Synthweaving can make light, medium and heavy forceuser armor, here is an example:

heavy: http://www.torhead.com/item/f98SADc/exotech-vindicators-chestguard or http://www.torhead.com/item/3pS9sFQ/exotech-war-leaders-body-armor <--- dps and tanking Juggernaut versions

medium: http://www.torhead.com/item/hAwGYR2/energized-weaponmasters-vest (marauder)

light: http://www.torhead.com/item/eg51to9/exotech-force-masters-vestments or http://www.torhead.com/item/eOMVFMP/exotech-force-mystics-robe (Sorcerer) or http://www.torhead.com/item/iMYKEk/exotech-stalkers-robe or http://www.torhead.com/item/8zw8Bfm/exotech-survivors-robe (assassin)

and I assume you can make a full set of these? I've only checked the chest piece, but I'm sure there are other pieces as well.

Edited by Fallerup

There's nothing you could possibly be doing that's any different from what I'm doing, if I wasn't lazy as **** I would fraps my guardian and post it on youtube. It has the absolute worst damage out of any of my characters. My marauder is perfectly fine on the other hand.

Sounds to me like you need to step off your egotistical ladder friend.

There are plenty of people an and off these forums that have leveled more then one class, including the Jugg. I would be one of those, as are others in this forum. Your sheer inability to recognize that perhaps you don't know something about a class is a pretty big sign in my book that you probably don't know enough about this class...and you are unwilling to perhaps learn?

Or is it the polarizing responses of the others that got you on the defensive? I'll admit that I don't know everything about all the classes. But I've had enough success in the 4 classes that I play in regards to output that I'm comfortable in saying that a Jugg can level and kill just as well as any of the other classes.

They start off slow, and develop in the 30's to 40's, and by 50 they are very effective. Sorry you had a bad experience with them, but the sheer fact that you got less results then other people should at least raise some warning flags...perhaps you don't know the jugg as well as you could?

If your capable of putting aside your ego and focusing on the class you may surprise yourself. But if you simply want to put up inaccurate and judgmental opinions, and label them as fact...there's not much we can do about that.

To the OP: Juggs can be a challenge at certain levels. Vengeance really sings post 30. stick with it. pick up your healing companion, learn how to cycle through mobs and use your skills to the best of your ability. don't over focus on one mob...if you have a silver and a normal, use your force scream on the normal. that's a few more seconds that you don't have another mob pounding on you. Don't jump right in the middle of a pack of mobs, pull all the aggro, and expected to survive unmolested. just because we have a tank spec doesn't mean were not capable of getting spanked.

use your companion. Quinn, as an example. ill let him tank a silver while i finish off a few normals. then ill choke the silver and dig in. don't ignore normals and try to take out the silver...normals are usually what kill me in a group, because i ignore them while they pound on me. and if your companion is geared well, they can do quite a job on mobs. Just ran a low level flashpoint with a friend on a new jugg...vette in her stock gear soloed a silver on her own while we finished a boss. don't try to 'Hold" all the aggro. Quinn can keep a silver busy long enough for you to easily finish 2-3 normals.

And your just getting into the good point of a jugg. 26 is force push (a control move plus a great interrupt), 28 is pommel strike (use this on a normal right after a smash, it's pretty much a one shot kill on them), and at 30 you get impale (if you stick with vengeance...my favorite spec btw), and you'll see dps go up a ton. But the Juggernaut is not an EZ mode class....if you don't squeeze 100% out of them, you wont get 100% back. You need to be aware of ALL your skills, and what they can do, and where to best use them. In a crowd of 4 mobs, if you zone in on one mob and try to spam everything you've got on them, your going to have a hard time. Be aware of all of them, and why a scream is better on a normal then a choke...and why a choke is better on a silver then a normal.

Learn to backhand a silver or elite, but not a champ. Jugg's can be tough to learn, But it is there, just takes some work. case in point...in my high 30's on quesh I soloed a champ mob with quinn in tow, in vengance spec. it was MY level, not underleveled, and I finished with close to 80% health. in a DPS spec (not immortal).

the class can be amazing if you put the time into it. Id got into more detail, but my post is already pretty long.

A vengeance specced jug who's in dps stance is NOT a tank. They don't have an appreciable increase in survivability and certainly aren't "very hard to kill."

The short answer is, jug dps isn't as high as other dps classes because BW screwed up. The long answer is, it's going to get a lot better as soon as you get Impale in the 30's somewhere.

Emphasis mine.

quoted the above post to point that out. whether someone feels that Bio dropped the ball because of the Jugg's leveling/power curve is personal preference and personal results, but the bolded part really needs to be emphasised, with a caveat.

Jugg's DPS is not low, it simply scales slower then most the other classes. by 30 its on par, by 40 its good, by 50 its amazing. get columni + on your jugg and hes a wrecking train. I run my dailies now in vengance spec with a dps companion, and i mow through mobs. I only really pull out quin for 2+ heroics now. They are THE most gear dependent class in the game in addition to the leveling curve mentioned above. keep yourself fed with purple hilts, keep your companion in level appropriate blues, and you'll be fine. and work on the skill use. they are the most dynamic class I've played in this game to date. aside from my new agent, which I'm gaining a great deal of respect for.

I think you should record yourself, so you can see how you actually play, instead of how you think you play. I wouldn't upload it, though, because you may not like what you see.

The Juggernaut and Guardian bloom later than most of the other classes. Post-30 for Vengeance (and now Rage, I think), and post-40 for Immortal.

Keep yourself geared, keep Quinn and Vette reasonably geared, and you will be able to progress just as quickly as other (non-stealth) classes once the train starts rolling for your chosen spec.

If you missed it, read what Elyx posted above me here, especially the part about skill usage, because it makes a huge, huge difference.

Riôt

Marauder is not fine, it needs a nerf and never too soon (same with its counter part naturally). I play rage juggernaut and I think I'm doing fine. I might not have seen any 300K damage medals, but I reach the 75K one without breaking a sweat and I guard people and get kills just like any other (in Soresu form). bt the truth is, Marauders and Sentinels need a nerf badly, but BW will not nerf their babies, because it is the FOTM and has been since 1.2 at least, and if they nerf them, ppl might cry and quit the game.
I can do the exact same thing on my shadow and my powertech while doing a lot more damage

Sounds to me like you need to step off your egotistical ladder friend.

There are plenty of people an and off these forums that have leveled more then one class, including the Jugg. I would be one of those, as are others in this forum. Your sheer inability to recognize that perhaps you don't know something about a class is a pretty big sign in my book that you probably don't know enough about this class...and you are unwilling to perhaps learn?

Or is it the polarizing responses of the others that got you on the defensive? I'll admit that I don't know everything about all the classes. But I've had enough success in the 4 classes that I play in regards to output that I'm comfortable in saying that a Jugg can level and kill just as well as any of the other classes.

1. Juggernauts/guardians are one of the easiest classes in the game to play, it's pretty hard to do something wrong on them.

2. I'm not getting "defensive"

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBfGdX_z1Pg&feature=youtube_gdata

there you go

Edited by GregMD

I'm not sure what to make of this thread. I've leveled a BH (merc), an Assassin, an Op, and an Immortal Jugg. The entire time I leveled my Jugg I felt like I'd turned the game on easy mode. I was playing at work one time and had to minimize during a boss fight. I came back a few minutes later to find myself at 80% health. For most boss fights I didn't even use my defensive cooldowns. The few times it got hairy I just pulled out Quinn for heals and I was back on easy street. Gear yourself, gear your companions, and I just don't know what else to say.