New Stronghold

jessechu

We have been in the Kotfe for a while now, and I was wondering:

Will there be coming any new Strongholds soon?

I've been eagerly waiting for new Strongholds but I have heard nothing yet so i thought why not just ask.

and also wouldn't it be a great idea to be able to have more strongholds then four?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like a space-station stronghold, and allow us to choose which planet it is orbit around.

Maybe have that choice affect the "blank canvas" of the stronghold, with subtle differences in style, color etc.

All The Best

Edited by DarthSpuds

You really think that THIS is what the game needs right now? Another house we don't go to?

Speak for yourself. I spend the majority of my time in the DK stronghold. Decos are my big draw to the cartel packs as most of the armors and many of the mounts are butt-ugly.

You really think that THIS is what the game needs right now? Another house we don't go to?

I think what the game needs is incentives for players to invest both time and money; and for some players that means Strongholds.

All The Best

Speak for yourself. I spend the majority of my time in the DK stronghold. Decos are my big draw to the cartel packs as most of the armors and many of the mounts are butt-ugly.

You just made TUXs' point...you spend the majority of your time in DK...what about NS, Coru, Tat, and Yavin? And you want yet another?

except some of us spend tons of money and time playing around with strongholds. You know the reason that players like you can sell decorations for millions so easy?

Its because alot of players like playing around with the strongholds, fixing stuff, changing stuff, and collecting stuff.

except some of us spend tons of money and time playing around with strongholds. You know the reason that players like you can sell decorations for millions so easy?

Its because alot of players like playing around with the strongholds, fixing stuff, changing stuff, and collecting stuff.

Collecting is a HUGE part of MMOs, I completely understand that. But a new house doesn't bring back or entice new players...new group content does.

Collecting is a HUGE part of MMOs, I completely understand that. But a new house doesn't bring back or entice new players...new group content does.

This we can agree on. I would prioritize new ops, new gear levels and a switch up of gear drops over anything else.

I mainly log these days for my twice weekly meeting with my HM ops group, GTN and cartel stuff. The game has gotten stale again and there is no way getting around new content. They pressed the easy button with 4.0 by restoring all the old ops and flashpoints. Now is the time for new content!

I never understood why they didn't tie other systems in the game with strongholds. It seems like a missed opportunity that can promote group based activities.

For example, why don't they make certain quests start from a player stronghold? Imagine if you looted a decoration, that when placed, you could interact with and it would give you a daily mission? If the decoration was rare, people would want to know who on the server had a public stronghold with said item so they could partake in the quest. How about when you load into a players stronghold, you automatically get an area quest that progresses based off of the actions of everyone in the instance, regardless of whether or not they are in your group? What if placing certain item types in your stronghold gave you different type of bonuses in the game world, such as having a minimum number of medical type decorations (across all strongholds) would give you a bonus to being healed (but not bonus in war zones).

Perhaps some of those ideas are stupid, I'm just spit balling and have not thought them through. The point is, there could be more to strongholds than what we have right now.

Not everyone likes group content, and it doesn't equal to massive numbers. I recently returned a week ago having stopped playing shortly after release of Knights of the fallen empire.

I came back to finish the story and get new goodies for my house ect.....

I will play a month or so and likely take another break. I have been doing such things since launch as I a day 1 player that was here at launch.

Over 5 years and I still have not done all the ops nor do I have desire to do them. I prefer solo content, pvp, and collecting.....

Mmmmm, I resubbed after a break because of the Yavin stronghold.

Then spent a few months worth of CC and credits unlocking it all.

All The Best

I never understood why they didn't tie other systems in the game with strongholds. It seems like a missed opportunity that can promote group based activities.

For example, why don't they make certain quests start from a player stronghold? Imagine if you looted a decoration, that when placed, you could interact with and it would give you a daily mission? If the decoration was rare, people would want to know who on the server had a public stronghold with said item so they could partake in the quest. How about when you load into a players stronghold, you automatically get an area quest that progresses based off of the actions of everyone in the instance, regardless of whether or not they are in your group? What if placing certain item types in your stronghold gave you different type of bonuses in the game world, such as having a minimum number of medical type decorations (across all strongholds) would give you a bonus to being healed (but not bonus in war zones).

Perhaps some of those ideas are stupid, I'm just spit balling and have not thought them through. The point is, there could be more to strongholds than what we have right now.

Yes, the SH could have been tied into all sorts of things.

The Rak/Gree/BBA events for example could all be announced via a news holo terminal on our SHs.

Each class story chapter, and each of the significant chapter breaks post class stories should be awarding a Deco of some kind. Legendary Player should be awarding a centre-piece statue group diorama with an "iconic" member of each class being represented.

They gave us SH and then barely give enough decorations for them, and give us almost no reason to use them.

Allow such things as "crafting stations" that grant a small bonus to crit chances etc, or a Crew Skill Terminal that does the same when gathering missions are initiated through it - add in daily and weekly Crew Skill missions for Crew Skills that can ONLY be initiated via the Crew Skill Terminal etc.

All The Best

Mmmmm, I resubbed after a break because of the Yavin stronghold.

Then spent a few months worth of CC and credits unlocking it all.

All The Best

Your point? Are you suggesting that another house would bring back more players like you? How many do you think that is...a handful? A dozen? A hundred? 500?

New group content would dwarf the number who return for a new house.

I don't think you get to decide that for everybody. In fact I can tell you it's one of the things that would bring me back to logging into the game again.

As much as this game needs new group content, don't make it an excuse to be condescending to other people about other activities they like.

I don't think you get to decide that for everybody. In fact I can tell you it's one of the things that would bring me back to logging into the game again.

As much as this game needs new group content, don't make it an excuse to be condescending to other people about other activities they like.

Decide what? As much as you'd like it if I had been condescending, I wasn't, and I haven't been critical of any activity at all.

What I did say was: "New group content will bring back more people than a new house will."

And I stand by that.

Your point? Are you suggesting that another house would bring back more players like you? How many do you think that is...a handful? A dozen? A hundred? 500?

Better PVP stuff would dwarf that I think, but this game has always failed at pvp

This was the comment I experienced as being condescending.

It wasn't meaning to be condescending...it was meant to make the OP think about my question and think about the bigger picture.

Better PVP stuff would dwarf that I think, but this game has always failed at pvp

Do you think PvPers would return en masse? I'm torn on that...I fear they may have been scorned one too many times by SWTOR.

My point being you made a universal statement that my own experience of the games proves false. Although I do agree that the number of players incentivised to return because of a new SH is likely to be minimal.

New Group Content? Will it really bring that many players back? I have 8 level 65 toons (four with maxed out Alliance rep) and I would estimate that between them all I have partaken of less than 20 hours of group content.

SWTOR is story driven, and unless a player wants their LS/DS alignment undermined by the actions of someone else that means a majority of it is solo content - and to back that claim up I refer you to KotFE (which they would not have developed had the in-game metrics shown that group content was the big money ticket) and the recent announcement of KotET (which they wouldn't have announced had KotFE failed to live up to their financial expectations).

That's not to say I think group content is a bad thing - a game like this should be able to offer something to more than one style of player.

All The Best

Do you think PvPers would return en masse? I'm torn on that...I fear they may have been scorned one too many times by SWTOR.

I too am torn on the PvP issue.

As a general rule I think MMORPGs are the very worst platform to attempt to deliver a balanced and enjoyable PvP experience with.

However, SWTOR is the only MMORPG that I have ever personally enjoyed PvP in; in most of the games I play I avoid PvP like the Rakghoul Plague.

All The Best