Who is the worst companion?

RDeanOU

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh I agree, I remember wondering if he was going to be around forever. I was quite relieved when they were leaving. I still cringe when I see people asking for them to be a companion, and thinking if Bioware might actually do it.

Lord help us all!!

Bowdaar is already too much wookie for me lmao.

I didn't mind Jakarro because of the droid - I thought they gave him some really funny lines. But I'm not bent out of shape about not having him back. The project he was going to work on at the end of SoR was essentially a suicide mission, and I thought that was deliberate so they would have a plausible reason for him to go away forever.

I'm the opposite. The companions I tend to use more are the one's who don't speak basic. It's one of the things I don't like about Darth Hexid; she just won't shut up. At least with Treek, Bowdaar, Blizz (one of my favorites), etc., their chatter becomes background noise I can tune out.

Though I don't want to play the "cougar" card with Torian, because he is entirely too young for me as a person...but there's a difference between being "like OMGAHD do you think he likes me?" "like OMGAHD should I pass him a note in study hall?" *snaps gum* sort of teeny bop, to actually being a teenager in age. Torian is a Mandalorian, and by his people's standards, he's an adult. And he acts like one. Mako...is a teeny bop...and acts...like a teeny bop.

I've noticed that a lot of the male player character LI's, other than Dorne and Kaliyo, are a little on the questionable side for me. Which is why none of my male characters romance anybody until they hit the expansion content.

You're not a cougar when it comes to Torian. The hunter has him beat by like 5-6 years tops. That is no where near cougar town.

Male Jedi knight with Kira, is the same age.

None of the PCs are made out to be old. They're highly capable 18-mid 20's characters. Which only makes sense, since this is a SW story starting out :p

You're not a cougar when it comes to Torian. The hunter has him beat by like 5-6 years tops. That is no where near cougar town.

None of the PCs are made out to be old. They're highly capable 18-mid 20's characters. Which only makes sense, since this is a SW story starting out :p

I was speaking about me as a person, and me as a person is thirty six...which would very much put me in "cougar town", lol. In my head, my bounty hunter is around 24 at the start of the story. But I'm the one playing my character...and if Torian weren't written with a rather adult mind-set, I would have no interest in romancing him.

Just wanted to throw it out there that there's a pretty large reverse age gap between female Warriors and Inquisitors and their LI's. If you have a character who is in their early twenties at the start of the game, you could be looking at a 14ish year difference with Andronikos (he's 35 when you meet him) and 16ish year difference with Quinn (he's 37 when you meet him). And after a 5-year stint in carbonite (if you figure in that your character isn't physically aging during that time), you could be looking at a 19ish and 21ish year difference (eventually). It doesn't change the fact that Andronikos is my favorite LI (next to Theron), but just thought it would be interesting in terms of perspective, lol.

Edited by Dracofish

they maybe not old..but some of those flirt feel very teenagery like hell .

also check out the player who make a bearded santa and romance Kira LOL

I was speaking about me as a person, and me as a person is thirty six...which would very much put me in "cougar town", lol. In my head, my bounty hunter is around 24 at the start of the story. But I'm the one playing my character...and if Torian weren't written with a rather adult mind-set, I would have no interest in romancing him.

Just wanted to throw it out there that there's a pretty large reverse age gap between female Warriors and Inquisitors and their LI's. If you have a character who is in their early twenties at the start of the game, you could be looking at a 14ish year difference with Andronikos (he's 35 when you meet him) and 16ish year difference with Quinn (he's 37 when you meet him). And after a 5-year stint in carbonite (if you figure in that your character isn't physically aging during that time), you could be looking at a 19ish and 21ish year difference (eventually). It doesn't change the fact that Andronikos is my favorite LI (next to Theron), but just thought it would be interesting in terms of perspective, lol.

Yeah, Torian is one of the few male LIs in the game I'd actually consider pursuing, except that he's a baby. Even if one's Bounty Hunter is early 20s, it's like a college graduate dating a high school senior and there's a world of difference in maturity a lot of the time.

It IS interesting that the male LIs are all over the place in terms of ages - Quinn and Andronikos in their mid to late 30s - while IIRC ALL of the female LIs are 20 or 21, except for Kaliyo. All the male LIs also seem to be very capable at their jobs while most of the female LIs are either in need of being rescued/helped (Vette for instance who you literally free from slavery) or are conflicted and finding themselves. Bit of a power difference there.

Yeah, Torian is one of the few male LIs in the game I'd actually consider pursuing, except that he's a baby. Even if one's Bounty Hunter is early 20s, it's like a college graduate dating a high school senior and there's a world of difference in maturity a lot of the time.

It IS interesting that the male LIs are all over the place in terms of ages - Quinn and Andronikos in their mid to late 30s - while IIRC ALL of the female LIs are 20 or 21, except for Kaliyo. All the male LIs also seem to be very capable at their jobs while most of the female LIs are either in need of being rescued/helped (Vette for instance who you literally free from slavery) or are conflicted and finding themselves. Bit of a power difference there.

...and then there's Corso... :p

While I don't feel like a "cougar" at 29, I do find Torian coming across as very young. Even when the BH calls him "kid" or young and he replies with "not that young" it makes me cringe!

I WANT A MAN!! The older the better.:rak_03::rak_06:

While I don't feel like a "cougar" at 29, I do find Torian coming across as very young. Even when the BH calls him "kid" or young and he replies with "not that young" it makes me cringe!

I WANT A MAN!! The older the better.:rak_03::rak_06:

So you want Doctor Lokin?

Nope! A Valkorion type would do however or a Jace Malcolm. Or Ravage, all older men! But of course I'm happy with my Arcann.:rak_03:

ew ew ew...

Valk is like..what ? 300 or 3000 years old lol and Malcolm...Urgh..his face met a blender or something that had sharp teeth . Thanx god , Theron got his mommy look....

how bout a Wookie? :p Hear you love their musical roar :D

ew ew ew...

Valk is like..what ? 300 or 3000 years old lol and Malcolm...Urgh..his face met a blender or something that had sharp teeth . Thanx god , Theron got his mommy look....

how bout a Wookie? :p Hear you love their musical roar :D

I have a thing about scars, so Malcolm does it for me. Pierce? Scars. Nik? I use Customization 5, so he has scars on one side and a patch on the other. It all does it for me just fine. :p

Oh, and Arcann's scars? Yup...but the mask stays on. :D

Edited by Dracofish

Worst companion? For me obviously Skaadge because he is the worst of them all. Also the non basic speaking companions. Its just i like to hear what is said on the subtitles but the exception to this rule Is Qyzen. He is my favorite companion I got him during Beta testing was my first companion ever (Consular is my main) so the memories with him for the past 6 years have been fun

you fools kaliyo is my favorite by far ! her story is really interesting and full, complex and rich character.

skadge is very funny, a typical star wars character evil side with taunt.

the worst is the wookie because for the only wookie in this game his story and text are awfull !! really a disappointment.

2nd can be taken by many, like tano vik..useless than ever.

malavai quinn is out of this judgment because he's not a companion but just a piece of trash.

Edited by Thaladan

I have a thing about scars, so Malcolm does it for me. Pierce? Scars. Nik? I use Customization 5, so he has scars on one side and a patch on the other. It all does it for me just fine. :p

Oh, and Arcann's scars? Yup...but the mask stays on. :D

One word: Krogaaaaaaaan RAWR! get a Krogan! at least they recite poetry and not harp about repb this and that all day :D

I always found Salarians intriguing. And they're levo-amino acid based instead of dextro-amino acid based like Turians.

Aw, what's wrong with a little anaphylactic shock with your side of smexy man-bird meat. :p

Really though, I love Turians. I don't know if it's the flanged voice or what. Garrus will always be #1.

Aw, what's wrong with a little anaphylactic shock with your side of smexy man-bird meat. :p

Really though, I love Turians. I don't know if it's the flanged voice or what. Garrus will always be #1.

Krogans will always be cool and awesome, but not as much as Garrus. If there is a new mass effect, prob wont be, i want a volus crew member.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Refer link: http://www.swtor.com/r/xWrxT9

Edited by Perky_Perkins

My least favorite companions are the ones who do not speak Galactic Basic. I really do want to like guys like Bowdaar, T7, Qyzen, and Blizz, but the lack of voice-acting makes any time they speak up during a conversation feel kind of flat and neutral.

When I save Ava Jaxo, I want to hear Jorgen and Dorne scream about what a monster I am, or M1-4X tell me how statistically the cost of training a single special forces trooper like Jaxo is higher than the cost of training 300 standard troopers, meaning saving her is a net gain for the Republic. Any of those are far more interesting of conversations than listening to Yuun eat a bucket of marbles.

LS Jaesa. She keeps putting words in my characters mouth and I can't shut her up. My Warrior had no desire to change the Empire or whatever revolution she thought she was a part of. He just happened to be compassionate when he was younger. Felt like every time I talk to Jaesa I lost control of my character. Valkorion calling her a "delusional Jedi" made me feel a bit better. Guess my warrior was just telling her what she wanted to hear to keep her on his side.