• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every men born evil

Someone will try to be good as they can,

some other will dedicate their life

to the unholy lord of the earth

I never had to ask my self why.

Dark Jedi and Sith are two different things. Dark Jedi is selfish, Sith actually believe in a cause. I don't think it's about good/evil.

Why choose to play, Empire side? A Sith? A Imperial Trooper type? It's personal taste really. After all it is only a game, I don't think for a second that people that play on the Dark Side are going around and committing atrocities. Its a chance to be the 'Darth Vader Type'. A Imperial trooper in the service of the emperor. Those are iconic things from the Star Wars Galaxy. Besides its all in good fun.

But the dark side is not more powerful so it is kinda pointless...

It is not that the Dark Side is more powerful, it is that the Dark Side encourages one to use power. Yes, the Jedi are powerful but they never brandish that power. They are reserved and contemplative and are satisfied with that way of life.

Sith and Dark/Fallen Jedi want to brandish that power. They want all who can see and hear them that they have power others lack. Further, they always want more power than they have and will seek out any opportunity to do so....even if that power is fleeting.

It is not that the Dark Side is more powerful, it is that the Dark Side encourages one to use power. Yes, the Jedi are powerful but they never brandish that power. They are reserved and contemplative and are satisfied with that way of life.

Sith and Dark/Fallen Jedi want to brandish that power. They want all who can see and hear them that they have power others lack. Further, they always want more power than they have and will seek out any opportunity to do so....even if that power is fleeting.

Don't the Jedi brandish that power to fight back the Sith? Same exact thing.

Edited by Sadishist

Don't the Jedi brandish that power to fight back the Sith?

When I say brandish I mean wearing it like a golden robe for all to see, "see me I'm more powerful than you." /strut

Against enemies, Jedi Knights and Masters invariably try talking first. Padawans and those tempted by the Dark Side sometimes strike first and ask questions later, but they are the exception.

When I say brandish I mean wearing it like a golden robe for all to see, "see me I'm more powerful than you." /strut

Against enemies, Jedi Knights and Masters invariably try talking first. Padawans and those tempted by the Dark Side sometimes strike first and ask questions later, but they are the exception.

That's just tactics. I'm talking more about ideology, the reason why they join dark side if it isn't more powerful.

It comes down to a more personal choice.

Dark Side seems to be easier and quicker for a lot of people and they are looking for a fast way to become powerful. Some people also are more prone to anger and jealousy (and that can be in regards to anything) and so it is easier for them to go darkside.

Light side is a more difficult choice to make. You have to be aware of your emotions and try to remain in control and look at all angles of the situation. This is not easy for most people. This has to be a conscious choice in facing decisions.

I believe the reason some chose dark side over the light side, not that is is more powerful, just that is is quicker and faster for them. They don't have to look at what they are doing, they just react in any given situation.

People confuse light side in being weak but in truth it is not. To me it takes more strength of character to look at a situation and see what you should do instead of just reacting in the moment. Is it easy to do? No, it is very difficult for a lot of people.

At least that is my opinion.

It comes down to a more personal choice.

Dark Side seems to be easier and quicker for a lot of people and they are looking for a fast way to become powerful. Some people also are more prone to anger and jealousy (and that can be in regards to anything) and so it is easier for them to go darkside.

Light side is a more difficult choice to make. You have to be aware of your emotions and try to remain in control and look at all angles of the situation. This is not easy for most people. This has to be a conscious choice in facing decisions.

I believe the reason some chose dark side over the light side, not that is is more powerful, just that is is quicker and faster for them. They don't have to look at what they are doing, they just react in any given situation.

People confuse light side in being weak but in truth it is not. To me it takes more strength of character to look at a situation and see what you should do instead of just reacting in the moment. Is it easy to do? No, it is very difficult for a lot of people.

At least that is my opinion.

Extremely good points. But the thing is, self-discipline is not the same as power. When I say power, I mean as in raw Force power. It just takes more self-control to stay Light Side. But am not talking about self-control, but outer, physical strength.

But joining Dark Side to get power "quicker" as in trimming a couple years off training? Doesn't make sense. There's more to the Dark Side ideology for that. Jedi get power fast as well, since they can fight as Padawans even as a small child.

Edited by Sadishist

Extremely good points. But the thing is, self-discipline is not the same as power. When I say power, I mean as in raw Force power. It just takes more self-control to stay Light Side. But am not talking about self-control, but outer, physical strength.

But joining Dark Side to get power "quicker" as in trimming a couple years off training? Doesn't make sense. There's more to the Dark Side ideology for that. Jedi get power fast as well, since they can fight as Padawans even as a small child.

You saying physical strength.

Some people will always have more physical strength than someone else.

How does that relay to force powers? Do you truly believe that is someone has more physical strength they are more powerful? The force powers do not rely on physical strength.

Each force user could have different force abilities. Such as Bastilla Shan . She had a rare ability battle meditation.

If you are looking at force powers based on physical strength you may want to look at a definition of force powers:

Force powers were the manifestations of a Jedi, Sith, or other Force-adept's connection with the Force. These powers were supernatural abilities not described by scientists. The powers were usually taught by Force-using organizations, but there were examples of individual, self-improving methods of learning to use the Force. There were many kinds of Force powers, but not all were available to a single person, since some of them required a deep connection with one side of the Force and others were secret or very rare. Also, as a side note, it should be taken into account that the Force is not "magic," nor does it have specific "spells" or "powers," and they are far more interrelated than the list might suggest.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Force_power

You saying physical strength.

Some people will always have more physical strength than someone else.

How does that relay to force powers? Do you truly believe that is someone has more physical strength they are more powerful? The force powers do not rely on physical strength.

Each force user could have different force abilities. Such as Bastilla Shan . She had a rare ability battle meditation.

If you are looking at force powers based on physical strength you may want to look at a definition of force powers:

Force powers were the manifestations of a Jedi, Sith, or other Force-adept's connection with the Force. These powers were supernatural abilities not described by scientists. The powers were usually taught by Force-using organizations, but there were examples of individual, self-improving methods of learning to use the Force. There were many kinds of Force powers, but not all were available to a single person, since some of them required a deep connection with one side of the Force and others were secret or very rare. Also, as a side note, it should be taken into account that the Force is not "magic," nor does it have specific "spells" or "powers," and they are far more interrelated than the list might suggest.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Force_power

Sorry that wasn't what I meant. Not physical strength, not mental strength, but Force strength. AKA midi-chlorian count.

Edited by Sadishist

Sith revel in their strength. There power in the Force is what makes them great, more superior to those around them. Their Force ability, and their will allows them to dominate and control those who are "lesser" than them. it is not so much that they are more powerful, it is just that they are taught to use that power to get what they want.

Jedi consider their abilities more of a responsibility to others, rather than themselves. They are servants to the Force, while a Sith will tell you they are Masters of it.

They say in this game there isn't one side more powerful then the other, because its a game it HAS to be equal. In the Movies it is truly unknown if light and dark are as equally as powerful, it is up in the air? The Fastest way to Power would be to allow the shroud of darkness consume you, and let your hate and desire and passions, fuel you with out guilt, those things will propel you towards the darkside faster then the jedi teachings, teachings that makes you cap your emotions. True the Sith has teachings too, but you can make those teachings go smoother and faster, if your already EMBALMED, with the DARKSIDE......

Edited by Sith-Viscera

Sorry that wasn't what I meant. Not physical strength, not mental strength, but Force strength. AKA midi-chlorian count.

Midi-Chlorian were in all life forms. I don't believe that was the reason someone chose the dark side over the light side. I still believe choosing dark over light comes down to a personal choice . Midi-Chlorians had no bearing on that.

Take for example Darth Plagueis he tried to manipulative the midi-chlorians.

Read this from (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Midi-chlorian)

In the decades before the Battle of Naboo, Dark Lord of the Sith Darth Plagueis commenced his own experiments with the midi-chlorians. While the Jedi thought of the cellular organelles as symbionts, Plagueis believed they were interlopers, running interference for the Force, and standing in the way of a beings' ability to contact the Force directly. Through years of experimentation, Plagueis had honed an ability to perceive the actions of midi-chlorians. Furthermore, Plagueis believed that only the Sith understood that sentient life was on the verge of a transformative leap; that through the manipulation of midi-chlorians, or the overthrow of the Forceful group that supervised them, the divide between organic life and the Force could be bridged, and death could be erased from the continuum. In order to further the Grand Plan, Darth Plagueis, and his apprentice, Darth Sidious, committed an act in direct violation to the nature of the Force, and attempted to tip its balance toward the dark side. The experiment yielded unfruitful however, and the midi-chlorians, unwilling to comply, struck back in retaliation conceiving a savior to ultimately destroy the Sith: the prophesied Chosen One, Anakin Skywalker

I'd say that the Dark Side is much more powerful, every time a Dark Master have fallen it's because a major Lore Character such as Luke/Anakin/Obi-Wan etc have fought them and won. Anakin lost to Kenobi mainly because his hatred blinded him so much that he only saw red when he should have been strategic in battle and not underestimate Kenobi.

Speaking of Anakin killing of Dooku, Anakin had already begun to turn thus I'd argue that a Fallen Jedi /Dark Jedi defeated a Sith not a Jedi defeated a Sith.

How many Jedi did Grievous, Exar Kun, Jerec or Maul kill before they were defeated?

Yoda vs the Emperor; who won? The Emperor won and Yoda went into exile abandoning and leaving the Jedi to get hunted and slaughtered in masses by the Empire. Thank's Yoda! So much for the light side being stronger.

And I feel that is the answer to your question; in the Star Wars lore the evil force is defeated when it's faced by a challenger that can defeat and overcome the evil. When the evil corrupts the challenger, the challenger either falls(dies) or becomes the new evil. It's because it mainly is a children/teenie story and the formula is easy to understand, follow and it just works!

Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast., Mulan, Jackie Chan Movies, Rocky Movies.. you name it... they all have the same storyline structure, the same difficulties that the hero have to overcome; the hero have to face the badness get beaten by it, rise up and defeat it *add in a 80s training montage here* and it's a great simple formula so why change it?

Reason my character is a Sith? I like the aesthetics more of the Sith and I also love the politics that's going on in the Dark Council and the Empire overall. Agent story is my favourite storyline in this game just for that reason.

Edited by redsovereign

Not in direct conflict. But the dark side means you take what you want and ultimately do not submit to any restraints. The light side can mean that you cease to act and even accept defeat if you an action would be dark. The dark side is always about victory at all costs. Tactically either side is equally strong. Strategically an individual that belongs to the dark side is more powerful, the strength of the light side is unity - but an individual simply doesn't accumulate power.

Hardly anyone chooses the dark side because they deliberately desire to be evil. On the contrary, some Jedi have fallen out of the best of intentions, because they couldn't live with their limitations any more. At some point everyone has to compromise and choose the lesser of two evils. That's deceptive though, the Force polarizes and it's very easy to become the very evil you're trying to fight. The Sith are a different story, of course.

At least that's the way I see it, primarily based on what Yoda says on Dagobah.

Edited by Rabenschwinge