Question about crafted gear

ThePromise

Green gear is sub-par.

Blue gear is roughly equal, if you get the correct procs on your RE to blue status (adding def to a dps piece doesn't help, for example)

Purple gear so far tops what else I'm finding IF the procs are correct.

The main issue I have with the gear is that when you jump from one tier to the next you just add an extra ancillary stat (green to blue is one of +def, +crit, +power) and you don't improve the main stats of the piece at all. You will end up with a purple piece with much lower primary stats than a dropped loot piece of the same level.

Green? I'd imagine pretty lackluster. Purple/Orange -should- be better quality than anything that will drop, especially if it was critted with a mod slot. Of course, that imputes common sense to whoever designed the crafting systems, so...meh...

In that case are there epic or blue schematics that drop or are found using crew skills because two epics and three blues, one of which can be replaced by an epic, seems pretty meh for crafting.

It would seem silly that you can't craft a set of gear, at level 50, that would get you in the door of level 50 FPs. It might not be awesome, but you should at least be able to craft a full set of gear that would let you tank, heal, or DPS those 50 FPs.