Your Legacy Begins

CourtneyWoods

Senior Designer William Wallace details the upcoming Legacy System changes in Game Update 1.2:

Where would you start if you were constructing the Skywalker family tree? Let’s start with Anakin. If you ask me, Anakin is a level 50 Sith Warrior anchoring the top of the family tree. He’s married to Padme Amidala and they have two kids, Luke and Leia. Luke and Leia were both strong in the Force, like their father before them. Leia ends up marrying Han Solo, undoubtedly a level 50 Smuggler, and they have three children who all turn out to be Jedi. Luke marries Mara Jade, and they in turn have Ben, who is also a powerful Jedi Knight. Looking at their family tree, it’s clear that the Skywalker legacy produces powerful Force users and great heroes.

Read More

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In your Legacy picture example I see 3 men and 1 woman followed by a ring that contains the option to add children, with one child already added.

!) Whos child is that from? Do the other 3 characters know which one got her pregnant

2) Is it possible to have 4 men in a family tree and still have children?

3) if you have a child, does he look like a child in game as well?

Whilst I like the idea of Rocket Boots is there going to be a chance that there will be a selection of Tier 2 speed boost skills?. As rocket boots wouldn't really be appropriate for a force user even if it is a legacy unlock. Its a cool idea and I am looking forward to it?.

but with the number of different species and only 8 character slots, you can't unlock but more than a couple species and the actually play them, so you really can't experience all those options. We need more character slots on a server.

William you are so way of on the power of Anakin it's scary

If you ask me, Anakin is a level 50 Sith Warrior

First of all if you knew the lore and quotes of Lucas you would know Anakin

is the third strongest force user of all time.The only reason he did not become

as powerful as Luke is become he lost so much of his body=force potential he had.

1 Luke

2 Sidious

3 Anakin

This game cannot compare to the "real" star wars universe in any way

what so ever anyways.And even if Anakin was in this timeline he would

wipe the flore with them allwithout even trying hard.The force have evolved

over time so have the strength and skills of the force users.So even trying to

put anyone in this timeline from the canon universe is a huge mistake and

as a star wars and lore fan i beg anyone at bioware not to in the future to

even try to use canon characters in this off paralel universe as Lucas called it.

Edited by Lord_Karsk

William you are so way of on the power of Anaking it's scary

First of all if you knew the lore and quotes of Lucas you would know Anakin

is the third strongest force user of all time.The only reason he did not become

as powerful as Luke is become he lost so much of his body=force potential he had.

1 Luke

2 Sidious

3 Anakin

This game cannot compare to the "real" star wars universe in any way

what so ever anyways.And even if Anakin was in this timeline he would

wipe the flore with them allwithout even trying hard.The force have evolved

over time so have the strength and skills of the force users.So even trying to

put anyone in this timeline from the canon universe is a huge mistake and

as a star wars and lore fan i beg anyone at bioware not to in the future to

even try to use canon characters in this off paralel universe as Lucas called it.

Dude. Take a breath. Mr. Wallace isn't dropping trou on a sacred shrine. He's describing upcoming features of a game.

What good is a Force Choke on a 20 mins cooldown? I hardly ever use the Heroic Moment ability anyway. These are just going to be more buttons that I don't bother putting on my bars . Which is too bad, because it could have been a lot of fun.

But when is it coming out?

While I am keen to see the Legacy system in game and it looks like it has many nice features I'm interested to know that now all lore has gone out the window in relation to species will we see more interesting choices added?

If you can honestly have a Pure-Blood Sith trooper or a Chiss Jedi (who knew nothing of Jedi and had no natural force users in outbound flight) then why can't we have Cathars, Trandoshian, Gran and all the other species in the galaxy as playable species. That my Rodian speaks basic and his or her companion falls in love with him is far more believable than a Sith Pureblood is allowed to join the Republic as a Trooper or Jedi and nobody seems to notice its a Sith. Or a non human is trained as a Sith Warrior all as a plot by the Overseer to get rid of a near human. Is he insane his speed up the training of a Twi'lek as the last chance to keep the sith pure and not allow a near human to have too much influence?

but with the number of different species and only 8 character slots, you can't unlock but more than a couple species and the actually play them, so you really can't experience all those options. We need more character slots on a server.

This. I have 4 50s on my original server, and the other four slots are filled with the other AC of each of those classes. Must have more slots. Or cross-server legacy. You know, because I haven't played an Imp storyline yet. Even in the example set forth in the blog post you've got: Anakin, Padme, Luke, Leia, Mara, Han, Ben Skywalker, Jacen, Jaina and Anakin Solo. And that's just family. What about Han's rivals (both friendly and not), Mara's association with Karrde? And how would you handle Kenobi's relationships with both Anakin AND Luke.

Yes, I realize the comparison can be neither complete nor direct, but I wasn't the one who made it. I'm just saying, give me eight more slots for all my Imperial characters.

It's interesting, Mr. William Wallace, that you included Han and Leia's children in the "Skywalker Legacy". How was it, then, that they did not have to have the surname, too?

Jacen Solo

<The Skywalker Legacy>

Please, separate surnames from Legacy name. Thanks.