Color Crystal (Mats) location(s)

YaiiE

I don't think there are specific spots for color crystal nodes, they are random. The only thing that it doesnt change, I think, it's the grade of said node. Just farm them all, even if you dont need them, hopefuly it will respawn something that you are looking for

I'm not sure, but I have had the impression that things spawn with/around you once you've entered an area in which things can spawn at all.

So, waiting in an area with no spawn points for crystals is waiting in vain, if my impression is correct.

And, of course, they only spawn after being harvested. Which means that you'd have to harvest lower level Crystals from the area you are in before anything having your level can spawn there.

But still - I'm not sure whether my impression is right or wrong.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

I'm not sure, but I have had the impression that things spawn with/around you once you've entered an area in which things can spawn at all.

So, waiting in an area with no spawn points for crystals is waiting in vain, if my impression is correct.

And, of course, they only spawn after being harvested. Which means that you'd have to harvest lower level Crystals from the area you are in before anything having your level can spawn there.

But still - I'm not sure whether my impression is right or wrong.

Gathering nodes are tied to the area they're in, not to the level or skills of the people around them, and they will definitely spawn whether anyone is around or not. Occasionally there will be nodes one grade higher or lower in the area, but that's mostly to mess with you.

As to the OP's question, archaeology nodes, when they spawn, have a chance of being power crystals, artifacts, or color crystals, with color crystals being a significantly lower chance. So the only way to get them to spawn is to gather everything and wait for respawns.

I keep seeing people say to only gather power crystals and artifacts, and leave the color crystals because they're "worthless," but A) color nodes also give you artifact fragments, and B) if everyone were to leave the color crystals alone, eventually everything will have respawned as colors, and then where would you be?

Also, if you're just not having any luck finding the colors you want, you can always send your companions out on archaeology missions for color crystals. Not very cost-effective, though.

Colour crystals sell for crazy credits on GTN, at least on TRE. If you think they're worthless, you haven't checked the going rates lately!

Try the Belsavis Bonus Series area if you feel like farming. Plenty of archaeology nodes, and you also have a chance of netting Perfect Upari Crystals.

Colour crystals sell for crazy credits on GTN, at least on TRE. If you think they're worthless, you haven't checked the going rates lately!

Try the Belsavis Bonus Series area if you feel like farming. Plenty of archaeology nodes, and you also have a chance of netting Perfect Upari Crystals.

best area is the level 50 daily area. the one where you have to take the transporter to. just make a circle around the republic daily quest area as it is full of nodes. also a few spawns just inside the daily places too.

the only reason they sell now is because they are used to make dyes. before that color crystals were worthless.