PvP suggestions from a Sentinel

illmac

I've been pvping since this game released and I'm confident that I've come up with some changes that should be made to make PvP a little more fair on melee classes. Its obvious that BW/EA have a love affair with ranged dps for some reason, they get to do more burst damage, more constant damage and more damage over time all from long range with more stuns and knockbacks/roots. Sounds OP doesn't it? So here we go:

Sentinels need more than 1 cc break, give us some way of dealing with all the stuns and roots we're walking face first into. And don't tell me to spec into camo cause only one skill tree can do that, I mean every sentinel/guardian should have a chance to break cc more than once per life.

Give Resolute a buff after u cast it. I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to punch through a wall because my 200 hour long CD on resolute finally comes back up and I pop it just to be cc'd again within micro-seconds. Hyperbole aside, give us 5 seconds of immunity to cc's after popping resolute and I bet u'll have a lot less people quitting the knight classes.

MAKE MASTER STRIKE ACTUALLY UNINTERRUPTABLE! It's unbelievable that you guys think you made it uninterruptable but really you just made it so that the interrupt ability that a handful of classes has won't work on it. You can still get knocked back, stunned, rooted or the enemy can go invisible and it gets interrupted. Seems stupid right? Snipers can cast deep cover (i think that's what it's called) and I can't jump to them, interrupt them, stun them, knock them back, really all i can do to them is feed them a kill. But the one and only ability you give us that's "uninterruptable" is only useful if ur enemy feels like standing still and taking 6k damage for some reason.

Fix Stasis. I can't tell you how many times I've tried to put someone in stasis that was trying to activate an ability and they get to finish their ability before my stasis kicks in. In a lot of cases it's a CC or knockback so when I pop stasis, WHICH IS 1 OF ONLY 2 CC's MY CLASS HAS, I can still be knocked back or stunned. So not only does it render my stasis useless but it also puts it back on CD without giving me any benefit of being cast.

P.S. I know this may come off as whining or just some nerd rage, but it's not. I thought this post out before I dropped it. I don't want you nerfing powertechs or shadows, I can kill any class 1 v 1 so I don't want you guys changing this game for me. I just want the Sentinels/Guardians to have a fair shot in PvP so people will stop quitting the melee classes. Pvp is becoming more and more populated with the ranged classes that can stun everyone and heal themselves and I don't want this game to become a First Person Shooter.

Er.... Bioware favoring ranged classes? are you high? Any way you slice it, melee classes have a huge advantage with the current warzones. The damage you take reaching the person is a lot lower then the damage you can take away by interrupting and "channel pushback", on top of your defensive capabilities generally are better.

Try playing as a sorc or commando dps at lvl 50, then come back and say what you think....

Granted, snipers are supposed to be the counter class for warriors, so I can understand if you have some issues with them, as they are the rock to your scissors, but there are PLENTY of paper in this game to go around...

Edited by Talsyrius

The only edge BW gave to ranged is that they allow the hordes of terrible players to roll melee so that they can completely fail to notice ranged classes dpsing from afar and wonder why they're dying. When good players roll melee, they harass them and either easily kill them or force them to move so much they cant shoot anyone.

Oh, and as you can see ive plahyee both, and typically get top 3 in both.

Edited by Skolops

I've been pvping since this game released and I'm confident that I've come up with some changes that should be made to make PvP a little more fair on melee classes. Its obvious that BW/EA have a love affair with ranged dps for some reason, they get to do more burst damage, more constant damage and more damage over time all from long range with more stuns and knockbacks/roots. Sounds OP doesn't it? So here we go:

Sentinels need more than 1 cc break, give us some way of dealing with all the stuns and roots we're walking face first into. And don't tell me to spec into camo cause only one skill tree can do that, I mean every sentinel/guardian should have a chance to break cc more than once per life.

Give Resolute a buff after u cast it. I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to punch through a wall because my 200 hour long CD on resolute finally comes back up and I pop it just to be cc'd again within micro-seconds. Hyperbole aside, give us 5 seconds of immunity to cc's after popping resolute and I bet u'll have a lot less people quitting the knight classes.

MAKE MASTER STRIKE ACTUALLY UNINTERRUPTABLE! It's unbelievable that you guys think you made it uninterruptable but really you just made it so that the interrupt ability that a handful of classes has won't work on it. You can still get knocked back, stunned, rooted or the enemy can go invisible and it gets interrupted. Seems stupid right? Snipers can cast deep cover (i think that's what it's called) and I can't jump to them, interrupt them, stun them, knock them back, really all i can do to them is feed them a kill. But the one and only ability you give us that's "uninterruptable" is only useful if ur enemy feels like standing still and taking 6k damage for some reason.

Fix Stasis. I can't tell you how many times I've tried to put someone in stasis that was trying to activate an ability and they get to finish their ability before my stasis kicks in. In a lot of cases it's a CC or knockback so when I pop stasis, WHICH IS 1 OF ONLY 2 CC's MY CLASS HAS, I can still be knocked back or stunned. So not only does it render my stasis useless but it also puts it back on CD without giving me any benefit of being cast.

P.S. I know this may come off as whining or just some nerd rage, but it's not. I thought this post out before I dropped it. I don't want you nerfing powertechs or shadows, I can kill any class 1 v 1 so I don't want you guys changing this game for me. I just want the Sentinels/Guardians to have a fair shot in PvP so people will stop quitting the melee classes. Pvp is becoming more and more populated with the ranged classes that can stun everyone and heal themselves and I don't want this game to become a First Person Shooter.

Quit complaining. I deal with the CC in the game fine. You're melee, CC is supposed to be your worse enemy. L2P.

As a sentinel myself, the only thing I remotely agree with is the force stasis comment. If it weren't for that comment I would say that this post is hilarious, but that one made me think it might be for realz...and that made me sad :(

A suggestion from me, since you can't play possibly one of the simplest FOTM classes, with one of simplest rotations outside of vanguard. I kill Marauders and Sentinals all day on my sage, the bad ones stick out in particular, they charge begin their masterstrike/ravage to be blinded by my bubble, root knock back, and kited to death w/ DOTS. If I'm a ranged class why would I facetank melee when I can kite you, watch my dots tick down your health then in one swoop use my telekenetic projection to have a 1.4 second telethrow take away a majority of your remaining health then hit my presence of mind proc to finish off the poor kited marauders and sentinals w/ a sweeping 2-3k crit mind crush. Good sentinals/marauders present a greater challenge, but can still be kited effectively. If the OP is having this much trouble he is likely not using his force cloak to close range, not using his slowing dot/dot to inflict damage while perhaps being kited. Again likely not using his defensive cooldowns. Final word to the OP is that Mara's/Sent's have been FOTM classes for months now, good players/ranged players know how to counter them precisely, know what the animations look like, and will roflstomp the bad ones that don't know how to play and are FOTM re-rollers very quickly.

To put it very simply the more people playing AC's(Marauders/Sentinals/Pyrotechs/Vanguards) known as the SWTOR FOTM post 1.2 club, the more baddies that will be playing these classes. There are so few good ones on my server that I can count them on my fingers. The rest of the people playing these classes are baddies that allow themselves to be kited around pillars and terrain until their HP is low enough to stun them through Undying Rage and land a killing blow on them only for them to cry because they thought they were FOTM and should roflstomp everything.

L2P

/thread

I've been pvping since this game released and I'm confident that I've come up with some changes that should be made to make PvP a little more fair on melee classes.

this post is a good example of why duration of pvp does not make one's opinion any more valuable than the rest.

this post is a good example of why duration of pvp does not make one's opinion any more valuable than the rest.

typically, the more practice in pvp, the better the player. just cos someone has played over a period of 7 years doesn't mean hes practiced to the same degree who has spent only 6 months on a game, and each game is different - this one's resolve system is unique for eg - and then of course - some learn faster than others, and some just dont seem to learn... at all...

lol. this is a L2P

Sentinels/Marauders are more then ok as is.

If you can't figure out how to dominate with your class, then maybe you should try something else.

And everyone knows that melee has the biggest advantage of all... They can walk right through range classes to get LoS.

As a sentinel myself, the only thing I remotely agree with is the force stasis comment. If it weren't for that comment I would say that this post is hilarious, but that one made me think it might be for realz...and that made me sad :(

Every classes CC does this. Its because of the way animations play, if an ability has a long animation or is uninterruptable, it will play out and look like the target is not stunned for a second, but in reality the ability has already done damage on the server side and your target is stunned, or they will finish their uninterruptable attack and then go into the stun animation.

You can also resist most stuns, and while rare, it does happen.

And then there is the resolve bar. If its full, your stun isnt going to work.

• Dev Post
Hi everyone! We had to remove several posts from this thread for being derails. Please do not accuse others of trolling - just because someone has a different opinion than you doesn't mean they are attempting to cause trouble on the forums. If you suspect someone is breaking the rules, please report the post and move on. Thanks.