"mirror classes" not so mirror?

solidstne

So i started playing a comando with a buddy of mine and he pointed out that my mortar strike thingy isnt exactly the same as the BH death from above.

Aparently the animation is quite off and as a result the damage ticks arnt aligned exactly the same. ie: DFA starts ticking right off and mortar take a bit b4 the first tick

I'm ok with this if its the case but i was under the impression that every class was an exact mirror. I dont imagine that it would make a big difference except in rare situations like stoping a door cap in pvp but im currious to see what other abilities might be a bit different and how.

Edited by solidstne

I believe most if not all of the differences are resolved in 1.2, but not sure on that.

The other big one is the shock/project difference between inquisitors/consulors. The BH/Trooper issues and the Inquis/Cons ones have been reported since beta.

Edited by hadoken

Well first off they're not exact mirrors... That's just how it is. you can't have exact mirrors even if all the animations were aligned. you'd also have to take into account that smugglers use blasters (or two blaster) and agents use rifles 9or sniper rifles). Or troopers use assault cannons or rifles and BH uses blasters....

so those classes aren't exact mirrors.

There is an issue that's been confirmed fixed in 1.2, about the DFA and mortar times... But personally I think it gives the classes a little more flavor, and would promote more strategy, but that's just me.

I believe most if not all of the differences are resolved in 1.2, but not sure on that.

The other big one is the shock/project difference between inquisitors/consulors. The BH/Trooper issues and the Inquis/Cons ones have been reported since beta.

and there is the smuggler/imperial agent one, where the smugglers throw a charge at an enemy but the imperial agent's skill will have a droid automatically drop on a target.

its the first ability you start with that explodes when the target is hit

And it doesn't stop there regarding those 2 classes. Unload also starts applying its damage much earlier.

Commandos may lose the last damage tick when attacked during the channeling and can be interrupted before any damage is applied.

Not really a big deal since it potentially affects only PVP and almost all Rep players hardly use any ability besides grav round, explosive round being an exception if they have more than 3 ammo or they're on the move or if somehow they noticed their grav round has been interrupted.

Since grav round and commando's bread and butter explosive round doesn't have animation issues if BW ever normalize the animations it would hardly have any significant impact on overall Republic PVP performance.