Targeting

wmtyrance

What do you mean by: "I have the target nearest mob box clicked"

Which one of the various options for targeting are you using? By default TAB is bound to "Target next enemy". Have you changed this, are you using something else?

The way to set which kind of targeting you want to use is to go to Preferences > Keybindings > Targeting, and then bind the type of targeting you want to use to the key you want to use to target enemies with.

Personally I use "Target center screen enemy", and I have it bound to my middle mouse button.

you have only tree options to customize targeting in the game:

- the one you're talking about is probably "autotarget closest enemy", in the "general" subsection of the "Controls" tab of your preferences. what it does is once you kill your current target, your next attack will automatically target the closest enemy. It also works if you don't have any enemy selected, but only if you attack first. Else, if you don't have anything selected, the first enemy that hits you will be automatically selected by you.

At the bottom of the "Controls" tab, you have the "Combat" subsection. There are two additional options there:

- "show next target in cycle" put an empty red arrow above the next enemy that you will target if you hit tab or once you kill your current enemy (current target is a filled red arrow, next target is empty red arrow).

- "cycle in screen space" works with the "tab" key, it lets you cycle from left to right on the enemies visible on your screen. this prevents the odd selection of an enemy behind you... the drawback is that if the enemy is not on screen you won't be able to select it.

[edit] Rassuro also mentionned keybindings which is good too

Edited by Oggthebase