Twi'lek Purple Skin

I signed this a million years ago, Twi'leks still need the purple skin but I think they along with other alien races need customization updates, with the new eye color's they added for humans.

I'm hoping they do a pack that includes

New Skin Colours

New (brighter) Eye Colours

New Tattoos

New Complexion's (Like the Humans and Chiss got with the new make-up and eyebrows)

I had hoped by now they would have done this, I quit the game for a good while, and come back and they have all these new options for humans and the other human looking species (again), but to this day have done nothing new for Twi'leks (or other species for that matter). They seem to only release new things that kind of species (the ones with hair and the regular human faces) but I don't really see a good excuse as to why they haven't released the eyes, or complexions for everyone else at the VERY LEAST. It would not be difficult, they are all built from the same thing.:sul_default:

Humans have enough options, seriously. I'm all for adding a million new hairstyles, but only after they've spent a good amount of time adding options to the others, first because it is ridiculous that at this point they have gotten nothing at all and it is 2019.:confused:

Edited by Jesira

I had hoped by now they would have done this, I quit the game for a good while, and come back and they have all these new options for humans and the other human looking species (again), but to this day have done nothing new for Twi'leks (or other species for that matter). They seem to only release new things that kind of species (the ones with hair and the regular human faces) but I don't really see a good excuse as to why they haven't released the eyes, or complexions for everyone else at the VERY LEAST. It would not be difficult, they are all built from the same thing.:sul_default:

Humans have enough options, seriously. I'm all for adding a million new hairstyles, but only after they've spent a good amount of time adding options to the others, first because it is ridiculous that at this point they have gotten nothing at all and it is 2019.:confused:

Yeah... I think during last years road map. Charles said they were going to do some new cosmetics for Twi'leks. Or it used to be on the list/road map. Looks like they've decided not to bother with them. During the live stream Charles said that Twi'leks are too hard... and that the person that originally designed the character creator was insane person and so that is why we don't get anything.

Skip few months later and we get an announcement of a new add-on "Onslaught". They mention about adding another race.... Nautolan.... Seriously? Another race that will probably have fewer options... Why can't they just add to the ones they have first. Fix the character creator first and re-haul/revamp it.

Glad there is a new race.... but honestly if there is no *********** new cosmetic changes to Twi'leks by the time Onslaught is released I am done with Swtor.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here we go: SWTOR Fall 2018 Roadmap and 5.9.3 Developer Livestream Summary

General Q&A Twi’leks customization – They are much more difficult to customize than humans due to our system, can’t go into details

Skip to 27:00

Yeah... I think during last years road map. Charles said they were going to do some new cosmetics for Twi'leks. Or it used to be on the list/road map. Looks like they've decided not to bother with them. During the live stream Charles said that Twi'leks are too hard... and that the person that originally designed the character creator was insane person and so that is why we don't get anything.

Skip few months later and we get an announcement of a new add-on "Onslaught". They mention about adding another race.... Nautolan.... Seriously? Another race that will probably have fewer options... Why can't they just add to the ones they have first. Fix the character creator first and re-haul/revamp it.

Glad there is a new race.... but honestly if there is no *********** new cosmetic changes to Twi'leks by the time Onslaught is released I am done with Swtor.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

General Q&A Twi’leks customization – They are much more difficult to customize than humans due to our system, can’t go into details

Interesting, thanks for posting the video.

I am pretty curious as to what exactly the problem is/was because it really doesn't make a whole lot of sense up front when the character models are the same. I doubt we will get them by the expansion, but I would love that and maybe Paxton Rall is a product of whatever they were doing to try and fix it lol..

I remember that, wow was that really all the way back in Sept 2018, gosh time really does fly. :(

Interesting, thanks for posting the video.

I am pretty curious as to what exactly the problem is/was because it really doesn't make a whole lot of sense up front when the character models are the same. I doubt we will get them by the expansion, but I would love that and maybe Paxton Rall is a product of whatever they were doing to try and fix it lol..

Paxton Rall is the reason I'm holding on so tightly to the possibility of a purple skin colour being released in the future at the moment.

Edited by BlueShiftRecall

Honestly if they find changing the colour and texture mats of a character model.... then that is utterly pathetic. I am really tired of hearing developers of 2019 talk so much 💩. Day 'break' aka SOE gave the same speech about their player models. Took 8 years to finally 'persuade' them to update them.

No one can tell me basic skinning job is extremely hard. I have done it with Kotor 2 and the Sims. The same principle can be applied to SWTOR models. Anyone could rip them out the game folder and do it themselves.

I am going to try and look at this in pragmatic way. Assuming the long wait is because they want to add great deal of cosmetics besides just being a new skin colour. I hope for their sake that is what it is.

Pax companion doesn't look like anything substantial has changed. All they did with him was change his colour to purple and give him npc Sith model eyes.Edit: Just noticed he has unique lekku patterns (like the one's hera syndulla has on her lekku) besides that the only thing new is his costume which is separate thing entirely.

Knowing Bioware we can rule out the possibility of new lekku positions or a port of the human faces to give more variety. Also rule out of any dreams of separating makeup slider from the lekku tail patterns. Oh and I guess getting tail wraps and new headgear and headdresses is also positive no.

We will be lucky to get just one purple skin tone at this point.

:(

Edited by DarkEcIipse

Is it just me (or my computer screen) or is the twi'lek in the Nightlife advertisement on the Pub Side fleet a purple Twi'lek? Or is she pink and my colors have gone a bit crazy? See image below. Is this a new thing or have I really just never noticed this before since Nightlife is so rare of an event? :eek:

https://imgur.com/hI9o5pn

https://imgur.com/z792yXN

Is it just me (or my computer screen) or is the twi'lek in the Nightlife advertisement on the Pub Side fleet a purple Twi'lek? Or is she pink and my colors have gone a bit crazy? See image below. Is this a new thing or have I really just never noticed this before since Nightlife is so rare of an event? :eek:

That my friend is pink with a bit of cosmetics added. I'd suggest maybe having a look at your colors. But purple let alone any other new playable species even if it was a voss would be great right about now...

Yeah it looks to be either blue or pink. I think that the ambient lighting in the background is tricking the eyes into thinking that it's purple. Another problem I noticed with Twi'lek is their eyelashes. Inside and outside of their lashes appear to look desaturated. All the black is missing... looks odd. Not sure if that too is a lighting problem.

Edited by DarkEcIipse

Yeah it looks to be either blue or pink. I think that the ambient lighting in the background is tricking the eyes into thinking that it's purple. Another problem I noticed with Twi'lek is their eyelashes. Inside and outside of their lashes appear to look desaturated. All the black is missing... looks odd. Not sure if that too is a lighting problem.

That's a shame, like you said must be the lighting, got excited for a miniute, after Paxton I'm just too keen to see more purple everywhere I look. :p

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've come to terms that no other colors or tattoos or even eyes will be coming to Twi'lek. Their excuse for not being able to is lame. It is very simple. I'm just assuming they have a hatred for the Twi'lek race.

Torguta have way more customization and now we have to deal with Nautolan's probably having more. Years we've been ignored...and probably still will. Doesn't matter how many stars this post has. :t_mad:

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I've been hoping that they'd add some more skin color options for Twi'Leks [after all, Togrutas got a few shades of purple for Skin Color and Montral & Headtail Pattern Colors in their selection of 19 Colors]. Plus, some more Patterns for on the Lekku would be nice for Twi'Lek Characters.

And it would be nice to see all of the additional Eye Colors that were originally marked as 'Human Only', and then later added to a few more species also finally be made available to Twi'lek and Zabrak characters.

*About the upcoming Nautolans, I found online a picture showing the skin color options they'll possibly have. https://swtorista.com/articles/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/nautolan-female-colors.jpg

** Zabraks are another species that haven't really seen any new Appearance Design Options added either as single items or Packs/Bundles yet. [i'd like to see new face tattoo design options and colors for their tattoo designs; as well as more fun colors added for their Hair Colors.]

Edited by SWLoveAngel

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Aren't Dark Gray and Black also Twi'Lek skin colors?

Edit: Also human skin tone is another skin color they can have, I remember from the comics.

Yep. They limit twi'lek for some reason. Also showering other races with tons of additions hair, make up and eye color. Face tats for other races. Cathar have even received more patterns and hair styles. I doubt we will ever see any updates to this race.

Guess I'm re rolling to Nautolan when they're out.

Come to think of it, I thought I saw a Purple one in one of the Imperial Bases on Hoth.

I don't recall. You might be right tho. Funny thing is Nautolan has purple skin but the head is the wrong color. I was messing around on the PTS the other day and decided to make one and see how they look. They have a color issue with neck and head being 1 color while the body is another. https://imgur.com/KJY2OSX

The body was the color that the head was in creation but the head turned out to be a odd color lol.

• 2 weeks later...
I don't recall. You might be right tho. Funny thing is Nautolan has purple skin but the head is the wrong color. I was messing around on the PTS the other day and decided to make one and see how they look. They have a color issue with neck and head being 1 color while the body is another. https://imgur.com/KJY2OSX

The body was the color that the head was in creation but the head turned out to be a odd color lol.

I was hoping to create a purple Nautolan so hopefully they'll fix that problem before release. :D

I saw a video on YT showing the different variants of adaptation of the Nautolans. One year ago, the roadmap Autumn 2018 issued the following statement on the Twi'lek adaptation:

"Twi'leks customization - They are much more difficult to customize than humans due to our system, can not go into details"

And what do I have to see now? Nautolans who have much more lekku than the Twi'lek? They *********** have ****** variants !!! Why? Why does it not working on Twi'leks? Why are Twi'leks not allowed to wear their lekku differently than straight down the back? Why can't BW release the skin colors of the Togruta for the Twi'lek?