Going back to Rift

Rift is coming out with a new 20man. It seems rather legit ..i got to test the raid..one fight .you have to fight 2 dragons ..which is really cool. I mean, guys comeone ..if ur a raider ..this game isn't for you. For example ..this part of the forums is barren. They don't care about endgame . Look at your raiding guilds ..how many members are raid logging ? 1 night and done ..i need excitement ..this game was wrong ..to begin with ..16/8 man is too low of a raid size. Normal mode raid? has to the dumbest idea ever ..and why do the bosses drop their whole loot table on death?

Perhaps you forgot what Rift's raid content was like when it first came out or weren't participating in it...

Greenscale was a joke, the boss didn't even have enough HP and the first guild that ever killed him kept him in the air phase the entire time (negating almost all of his mechanics) because he had such low HP.

When River of Souls was released, it was cleared in a day as well, and there were plenty of bugs in that as well (the obelisks that Harold dropped could be cleansed so they didn't release any adds).

The first decently hard instance was Hammerknell and it was only hard because of bugs. Every week, the top 4 guilds (I was in Addiction) would get stuck at a boss simply because it was unkillable. Then in a week or two, they would nerf it or fix one of the game-breaking bugs, we'd kill it, move onto the next boss, and again get stuck because something was broken or not working as intended. Hell, you could get out of combat on the 2nd to last boss and just constantly keep rezzing your party since there was no enrage timer. The first two weeks that we were attempting Akylios, the devs TOLD US that it was mathematically impossible to kill. They just wanted to gate-keep us so that no one cleared the instance "too quickly".

So yea, I'll stick it out with SWTOR for a bit thanks.

Edited by eNcFireWraith

Perhaps you forgot what Rift's raid content was like when it first came out or weren't participating in it...

Greenscale was a joke, the boss didn't even have enough HP and the first guild that ever killed him kept him in the air phase the entire time (negating almost all of his mechanics) because he had such low HP.

When River of Souls was released, it was cleared in a day as well, and there were plenty of bugs in that as well (the obelisks that Harold dropped could be cleansed so they didn't release any adds).

well said. people have short memories and no loyalty. But if rift floats your boat, go back. I played it. Got bored. happier here. To each their own.

Hmm not sure you really know what you're talking about here. This is more than just a raiding game and for new raiders starting out, normal modes are a good intro.

I can't speak for other guilds but we're all about the raiding - got a good progression team that also takes the time to run newly level capped members through the easier content to get the gear they need. Sounds like you just ant everything on a plate.

Hello everyone,

We appreciate you taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns, but will be closing this thread, as there is little room for constructive discussion. We encourage you to make threads or join in on discussions about specific game-related topics if you like and wish you the best.