[Suggestion] No-one likes ninja looting

Ill also mention that I disagree with loot being awarded on damage done simply because this would favour the DPS beyond reason, and leave the tank (who draws the most fire, but in trade off does smaller amounts of damage) with little chance of gaining loot. Also the main reason people want loot? To upgrade there gear to do better damage, shielding healing etc :p

Have to agree here my main is a healer and will only tickle mobs with her dps if she has time,so going on the damage idea she would get zero loot.

You know I don't really think there would be any way to sort this issue out unless BW decide to rewrite the hard core of the loot system and each player gets there own loot and no one sees it or can loot it,similar to GW2 but that would be a major overhaul of the whole game and cost prob as much when the game was created lol.

Only thing I can think of and I hate doing it at the moment is say before we even start no needing for companions unless no one wants it and no need on items you can't use unless asked first,make sure I get an agreement from all parties and away we go if not I leave the group or vote kick player I just have had enough of it ruining my enjoyment which I pay for ,problem with this is players not understanding or have a good understanding of English :rolleyes:

Edited by Avorniel

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no solution to this :p

Looters will loot and you can cry about it all you want... but here is an advise

Make GUILDs with ppl you know and trust

Do Heroics/ Flashpoints with you GUILD members :)

You are part of the same GUILD and looking out for each other

You take away the Need/Greed buttons and players will feel like they have no say/chance of wining anything good.. so they would stop playing Flashpoint/Heroics :p that much

That green/blue/purple/orange what ever drop... is worth more to someone then you can sell it for as Credits....if it is of no use to you.

Dont understand? .. ok leme try again

You are SAGE ( Willpower ) and the drop is Cunning ( Smuggler ) ... it may be an upgrade to Smuggler guy and if you loot it you can sell it for 200-300 creds... is it worth it ?

After all this is a MMO what comes around goes around :p

You do it to someone else ... same can happen to you

There is no solution to this :p

There will never be a permanent solution for it but it sure can be improved. A common sense lootsystem works better then a anarcy one. I suggest you look how other MMOs handle lootdistribution, some has created a very successful system.

Looters will loot and you can cry about it all you want... but here is an advise

Make GUILDs with ppl you know and trust

Do Heroics/ Flashpoints with you GUILD members :)

You are part of the same GUILD and looking out for each other

It might work for some people but not all players has the luxury to be in one that can create level 10-50 groups 24/7.

You take away the Need/Greed buttons and players will feel like they have no say/chance of wining anything good.. so they would stop playing Flashpoint/Heroics :p that much

You think that a system that will help prevent ninjalooting will make players stop playing? I actually think it will be the opposite, more players would want to run flashpoints when less ninjas are around.

You do it to someone else ... same can happen to you

It happens anyways, I never use the need button on items I can´t use but still meet alot of players that ends up on my ignorelist :tran_default:

Edited by Icestar

Should have 3 buttons

Need - only main stat classes can roll on the item.

Greed - Free roll for everyone

Companion - A small (visually) button that rates higher than greed but less than Need. Have this option smaller as most will ignore and hit greed anyways. If people really wanted it they can companion roll for it.

Honestly though as long as need is fixed it should be fine. Communication is not hard, "Hey can I have that for comp?," "Mind if I get that for mods?" God knows how many people ACTUALLY say something in a FP anyways. Maybe people might stop acting like NPC's.

This guy was our JUGGANAUT

He was ANNOYING AND LOUD ALL GAME, WOULDNT STOP TYPING IN CAPS

AND TELLING EVERYONE TO SPACE BAR TO THE POINT where

where our healer quit. She didn't say a word, she just left.

*I assume it was her first time in the flashpoint and she wanted to hear the conversation*

BUT THIS GUY WOULD NOT LET GO. KEPT HARASSING HER TO SPACEBAR

This was a lv10 black talon Group Finder run.

I knew this guy was bad news after he spammed FOUR LINES IN ALL CAPS during the first TWO conversations in Black Talon flashpoint.

1. talking to the Lt. before she heads back to the bridge AND

2. the protocol droid summoned by Moff Kilran, used to communicate with you.

My instinct was to kick him (reason: calm down, take a chill pill.)

I will continue to describe what took place, and you'll see how badly I regretted not kicking him on instinct, back before he had a chance to waste our time and effort.

Surely, enough. When non-strength based loot finally dropped from a boss. He need rolled it.

He had the gall to ask, "why do you want this glove so bad?"

We stopped the fight, to explain him, how looting works. He moved ahead of the group, killed a few mobs, then died. Respawned, came back in time, to participate in the roll dropped by the bonus boss droid we killed. Yep, he need rolled a second +cunning based operative item.

So this guy was holding TWO "Operative's" prefix gear, and we threw a vote kick up, he said this "if you kick me, you're not getting your items."

He wanted to hold the item's hostage, to prevent us from kicking him from the flashpoint.

While we were voicing our rage, he again moved on ahead. This time he survived, was lucky enough and managed to loot a blue +Aim based bounty hunter item from a random (non-boss) enemy, outside of the range of the rest of the group. So he was the only who could loot it.

The other kick vote was still in place, and one of the two other players in the fp were sleeping on the vkick option.

So, the roll timer expired and he now had 3 items not intended for his class, all obtained by need roll.

Worst off, he made his own guild called VoD, made intentionally to impersonate VoiD, a legitimate guild on prophecy of the five.

But IMO Guild wars 2 loot system is by far the best i have seen.

It still doesn't hold a candle to the original GW loot system.

Worst off, he made his own guild called VoD, made intentionally to impersonate VoiD, a legitimate guild on prophecy of the five.

I'm sorry, I'm still laughing at the "holding the items as hostages" to even begin to address this one seriously.

Edited by slafko

When seeing "Items as hostages" kind of threat by some Ninja players, I just simply brush off his opinion and kick him (of course on other's account too, if they also agree with me) (but still LMAO when seeing that specific post). :p

Also yeah, kinda hate those SPACEBAR through everything and ************ about it unless it is predetermined agree that we are doing a speed run of FP. Some people just enjoy the dialogue and reading the text (me for example ;)) I never mind spacebar stuff, but when someone is ************ about it, then that person can GTH.

Heck, this game loot system on boss are not that bad, at least it will drop those custom class (along with all the mods, enhances, and stuff inside it). Maybe the only downside are for subs and non subs. That is also why there is Master Looter system to "trick" the subs and non subs gap. But again as stated before, if the group leader and the Master Looter is a ninja, then all my argument is invalid :p

re-run the FP again. I know some people just dont have the time to rerun same FP again and again, but if the group is all social-aware person and understand the need of good gear for all in group maybe they will help each other.

Thankfully, I have a friend in SWTOR that like to do so with me when hunting for gear on FPs.

Edited by mbahbapho

Ninja looting has become a rather big issues full of excuses. Mainly "for my companion", which is complete out of the question.

So here,s a suggestion: The loot that drop, make it non-needable for characters whom the stats wouldn't benefit. As an example, a piece of gear with Cunning on it drops, people who wont benefit from Cunning will only be able to greed on it.

That way, it'll solve the ninja looting issue.

That seems rather absurd and for the most part, may only apply to lower level play. As an experienced lvl 50 the only reason I have to need some loot is for my companions, and quite frankly, the companions of my alts. Selecting need does not guarantee you the loot. You still have to deal with the roll of the dice.

Of course, the time of binding is crucial, it does you no good to need something you don't need if it binds on pickup.

My big beef is some players want to control the distribution of all loot during an op. They cry that it is the only fair way to distribute the loot. What they actually do is take the stuff they need and dole out the rest. Not to mention, it is a very time consuming operation.

Every move is influenced by the roll of the dice, I see no reason why this shouldn't apply to the loot as well.

That seems rather absurd and for the most part, may only apply to lower level play. As an experienced lvl 50 the only reason I have to need some loot is for my companions, and quite frankly, the companions of my alts. Selecting need does not guarantee you the loot. You still have to deal with the roll of the dice.

Do you take columni/rakata+ items for your alts when someones character in the team needs it aswell?

It must be one of the fastest ways to end up on lots of players ignorelists and to get a bad reputation.

My big beef is some players want to control the distribution of all loot during an op. They cry that it is the only fair way to distribute the loot. What they actually do is take the stuff they need and dole out the rest. Not to mention, it is a very time consuming operation.

Yes and it is understandable to control loot when players roll need for hard earned items for their companions, or even their alts companions.

Every move is influenced by the roll of the dice, I see no reason why this shouldn't apply to the loot as well.

It is influenced by the dice, but the different options to roll are also influenced by soclal rules. In this game the majority of the community simply thinks it is not ok to roll need for companions without asking first. It is up to you if you accept the social rules or simply go for the roll of the dice. You will however find yourself playing with less and less players and long groupfinder waitingtimes in the end.

Edited by Icestar

Since noone else is adressing this allow me.

Eternalnight are we playing the same game? Maybe you should read the forums better?

There are focus item with mitigation stats on them. In fact you get one when you choose your advanced class.

Consulars use focus items. Guardians use shields. Vanguards use shield generators. All of which come in with and without mitigation options, and will have stats that apply to appropriate class.

Either you are living in your own fantasy, trolling, an idiot, or you are trying to justify your actions.

If you want to roll in it just ask group first. Almost always you'll get a sure go ahead response.

Since noone else is adressing this allow me.

Eternalnight are we playing the same game? Maybe you should read the forums better?

Seriously you have no clue whatsoever about the game mechanics. You must be keeping your eyes closed when playing.

There are focus item with mitigation stats on them.

Yes there are some extremely rare items like a focus with mitigation stats. These are however completely useless, since a focus will not function as a shield no matter what stats you put into it.

Even if a focus has some shield rating and absorption rating stats in it, it still does not have the base 5% shield chance and 20% absorption that all shields have, and will not function as a shield without those, no matter what stats you have.

In fact you get one when you choose your advanced class.

Wrong!!!

Jedi guardians get a shield and a focus. Jedi shadows get a shield and a focus. Vanguards get a shield and a non-shield power generator. In no case does the focus one have any "shield stuff" whatever you mean by that nonsense.

Only the shields they get are shields.

Consulars use focus items.

Wrong!!!

Jedi consular with Sage advanced class uses Focus (with willpower as main stat) only.

Jedi consular with Shadow advanced class uses a shields (with willpower as main stat) if he is a tank and a focus (with willpower as main stat) if he is a dps

Guardians use shields.

Wrong!!!

Jedi guardians use shields (with strength as main stat) as a tank and focus (with strength as main stat) as dps

What makes something a shield or focus is not whether it has strength or willpower in it. What makes it shield or focus is if the item type at the bottom of the tooltip is listed as a shield or focus.

The difference between a shield and focus is that a shield will function as a shield and have base 5% shield chance and 20% absorb built into it and has less force power than weapons or focus items. Focus will not function as a shield no matter what stats you put into it. The tradeoff is that a focus has about 50% more force power (note: do not confuse force power with willpower), allowing dps players to do more dps than they could do with a shield while a shield would be useless to a dps.

Both shield and focus items can be found with both strength and willpower stats as main stat.

Vanguards use shield generators.

Wrong!!!

Vanguards use shields (with aim as main stat) as a tank and non-shield generators as dps.

Just as force focus has more force power than a strength/willpower based shield so also a power generator has 50% more tech power than an aim based shield.

All of which come in with and without mitigation options, and will have stats that apply to appropriate class.

Wrong again.

Read the tooltips of your items for once.

And read your class abilities too.

http://www.torhead.com/abilities/level/10-10/class/6/advclass/any

Now what's the second one on the list?

Ah, as I thought. Either we are not playing same game or you are troliing since the focus item

on my shadow has mitigation stats on it and not part of the mods I have in it.

Not sure if you are that clueless or just pretending to be.

Open your character page (press P) and move your mouse over the item. If on the very bottom of the tooltip it says "Requires shield", then it is a shield. It is not a focus it is a shield.

On the other hand, it can be a focus too as there are items with stats they are not supposed to have, in that case if it is a focus then what you see is something like this:

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/4766/screenshot2013032320273.jpg

See? The character pictured is wearing a focus. And despite having 512 shield rating stat (which would +23.81% shield chance in addition to the base shield chance) it still has exactly 0.00% shield chance because it is wearing a focus, not a shield and a focus will not function as a shield no matter what.

Any and all focus items will give you 0% shield chance not matter what "stuff" you have in them.

Any item that gives you more than 0% shield chance is a shield, not a focus by item type.

Edited by Eternalnight

Blizzard did this for WoW, although people that use the armour type can still need roll on the gear even if it's an upgrade for you :<. They need to develop a way that gives the people that need it for their role, something like a higher roll or a roll that goes first over someone in a different role.

What makes ninja looting more annoying, is now people don't even care if someone is needing on everything in a group :<. That makes me so sad to be an MMORPG player T_T.

Consulars use focus items. Guardians use shields. Vanguards use shield generators. All of which come in with and without mitigation options, and will have stats that apply to appropriate class.

Either you are living in your own fantasy, trolling, an idiot, or you are trying to justify your actions.

Rofl so wrong.

The one living in a fantasy world/trolling/being an idiot is you

Eternalnight is right and he even explained it to you

Edited by Never_Hesitate

Lets get back to the OPs topic please

Blizzard did this for WoW, although people that use the armour type can still need roll on the gear even if it's an upgrade for you :<. They need to develop a way that gives the people that need it for their role, something like a higher roll or a roll that goes first over someone in a different role.

What makes ninja looting more annoying, is now people don't even care if someone is needing on everything in a group :<. That makes me so sad to be an MMORPG player T_T.

Yep, that is one fair solution to give a bonus for the matching character/item, perhaps a bonus of 50

Edited by Icestar

• 2 years later...
1) Drop the buttons, the system allocates loot and gives the best to those who contribute most to a kill - thou for a Healer some credit for actually healing too! Nothing for players to grief about now...

Not sure if this would be fair to newcomers since they don't know the proper rotation for maximum dps to win.

Anyway, I had the same problem when I started this game; I thought "greeding" (a negative word) was stronger than needing, so I needed on everything to be fair, but got kicked ofc. When I asked why I was kicked, they explained the issue in between flaming. It was a nasty experience.

However, being screwed by real ninja's in this game is not fun at all, especially the ninja's who use master looter. Most of the pugs I've joined after 4.0 has been ninja looted by the leader. I've done many runs without winning, and then been ninja looted the tokens I've won. I would be so happy if BioWare came up with a ninja safe and a more user friendly loot system for newcomers, yes. One less thing to worry about.

• 7 months later...
As a frequent raid leader, I'll admit this: it was tempting to ninjaloot. Extremely tempting. However, I can't be the only honest leader who won't ninjaloot even if it means not getting anything from an op at which you wiped 4 times, resulting in 100 000 credit repair bills...right?

As a frequent raid leader, I'll admit this: it was tempting to ninjaloot. Extremely tempting. However, I can't be the only honest leader who won't ninjaloot even if it means not getting anything from an op at which you wiped 4 times, resulting in 100 000 credit repair bills...right?

First, whoa! holy necro !

Second, if you pay 100k bill for 4 wipes then you gear was broken before you entered the instance. My merc in full 224, pays around 8k for each wipe

First, whoa! holy necro !

Second, if you pay 100k bill for 4 wipes then you gear was broken before you entered the instance. My merc in full 224, pays around 8k for each wipe

Yeah, in full 224 it's like 8,900 / wipe. 100/8.9 = 11 wipes, not 4.