Was Vector comic trying to imply...

Angedechu

That Zayne Carrick is related to the Skywalkers ?

No, I'm not seeing that they are , but that the authors maybe tried to put some allusions inside, to, you know, relate their creation (Zayne) to Luke.

First, there is the thematic (which is, Anakin, Luke and Cade vs Rakghouls and Celeste Morne in part 2-3-4). The plot in 2-3-4 is just an excuse to get Skywalkers into Morne path. Then, why put Zayne in the first part ?

Second, there is the panel in which Morne awaken from her slumber-she says Zayne upon exiting hibernation.

Is there any chance someone could mistake Zayne Carrick for Darth Vader...except by Force signature ?

That Zayne Carrick is related to the Skywalkers ?

No, I'm not seeing that they are , but that the authors maybe tried to put some allusions inside, to, you know, relate their creation (Zayne) to Luke.

First, there is the thematic (which is, Anakin, Luke and Cade vs Rakghouls and Celeste Morne in part 2-3-4). The plot in 2-3-4 is just an excuse to get Skywalkers into Morne path. Then, why put Zayne in the first part ?

Second, there is the panel in which Morne awaken from her slumber-she says Zayne upon exiting hibernation.

Is there any chance someone could mistake Zayne Carrick for Darth Vader...except by Force signature ?

I thought I read once that someone (maybe Miller?) actually said that despite this Carrick is no Skywalker ancestor.

Edited by Intarabus

Zayne looked very Anakin-like right after defeating Haazen... but he promptly ditched that outfit in the next issue, I think, for the blue-shirt look he wore to the end of the series. So it's understandable to think "maybe he is a distant ancestor of the Skywalkers". It wouldn't make much difference either way.

But the real reason he was in VECTOR was...he's the protagonist! The whole idea of VECTOR was having a story that crosses over into all 4 books Dark Horse had at the time: KOTOR, Dark Times, Rebellion, and Legacy. 4 books, 4 different eras. It's just that the middle 2 books both deal with the Saga era, so you've got a couple Skywalkers there (Vader & Luke), and Legacy is looking at the future and what's going on with the Skywalker line over a century after the Saga.

As for Celeste's murmuring "Zayne?" when awakened, that could be nothing more than her expectations. Zayne, IIRC, promised he'd find some way to help Celeste... events made that impossible, I think. Celeste, however, believed the next face she'd see would likely be Zayne's, honoring his promise. That's probably all that was.

Well, using math....

Assuming one generation every 30 years, Anakain Skywalker's family tree as of the KOTOR era is going to have a number of slots ~

Generations G = 3000 years / 30 years per generation = 100

2 ** G = 2**100 ~ a Million Trillion Trillion humans and near human great grandparents to the 100th power removed. That is an awful lot of potential ancestors.

I'd say the odds are pretty reasonable that if Zayne Carrick has any grandchildren at all, Anakin Skywalker is one of his descendants. He's also probably a descendant of Bastila Shen, Revan, Carth Onassi & Carth Ordo and every SWTOR Player Character and human companion character that actually gets married and reproduces succesffully for 100 generations.

I'd throw in Mission Vao, Zenith & Vette as an ancestors, but I have no idea whether Humans and Twi'leks are interfertile. I'm guessing no.

Well, using math....

Assuming one generation every 30 years, Anakain Skywalker's family tree as of the KOTOR era is going to have a number of slots ~

Generations G = 3000 years / 30 years per generation = 100

2 ** G = 2**100 ~ a Million Trillion Trillion humans and near human great grandparents to the 100th power removed. That is an awful lot of potential ancestors.

I'd say the odds are pretty reasonable that if Zayne Carrick has any grandchildren at all, Anakin Skywalker is one of his descendants. He's also probably a descendant of Bastila Shen, Revan, Carth Onassi & Carth Ordo and every SWTOR Player Character and human companion character that actually gets married and reproduces succesffully for 100 generations.

I know your post its more kind of joke, but I want to add, that Revan and Carth Onasi are in the "Knights of the old republic"-comics, like Darth Malak before falling to the dark side and also some minor characters of the game.

And since I have to deal on my job sometimes with genealogy, I also have to add why the ancestors thing does not exactly works as explained above:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedigree_collapse