Class Representatives Are Here!

EricMusco

Hi guys

Sorry for the inconvenience and we applaud your patience but we have the answers to your questions.

After much debate from our combat team we have decided to simply remove shadows and commandoes from the game. We know it is probably not the answer you were all looking forward to hear but this is the best course of action we feel we can take as a development team.

Again, thanks for your patience and we look forward to hearing your feedback and continued support of our game.

Seems legit.

:rak_03:

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys

Sorry for the inconvenience and we applaud your patience but we have the answers to your questions.

After much debate from our combat team we have decided to simply remove shadows and commandoes from the game. We know it is probably not the answer you were all looking forward to hear but this is the best course of action we feel we can take as a development team.

Again, thanks for your patience and we look forward to hearing your feedback and continued support of our game.

i'm gonna laugh if this ends up being a more accepted response than that one the devs actually post...

Can you locate the link to this statement? I can't seem to find it. His position is "lead combat designer" which leads me to believe he's leading, but we could always be mislead. :cool:

Of course LINK

I definitely have a team that supports me, brainstorms with me, and tests with me, but I do all of the design, implementation, and balance for all of the classes by myself. It is a daunting task. :eek:

Believe me now?

Courtney, remember: these responses will make people leave the game or stay.

And she has no control over that.

Of course LINK

Believe me now?

Yep, I do! Thanks for finding that for me. Although it also does confirm that he's not just sitting in a dark office by himself with no input, he has a support team.

Edited by chuixupu

Yep, I do! Thanks for finding that for me. Although it also does confirm that he's not just sitting in a dark office by himself with no input, he has a support team.

Support for: Brainstorming and testing.

He alone does: Design, implementation, and balance for all of the classes.

It is a daunting task.

Hey everyone,

Unfortunately I am the bearer of bad news today. It looks like the Combat Team will need some more time to finish your questions, so we will be posting these next week. While it may seem like a quick and easy thing to answer these questions, the team wants to make sure you receive thorough answers, which does take time. I understand this is not ideal, but we appreciate your patience and apologize for the delay!

Heal to full.

Support for: Brainstorming and testing.

He alone does: Design, implementation, and balance for all of the classes.

It is a daunting task.

I'm sure it is, and that makes it even more understandable as to why he's probably got a limited amount of time to sit down and type up thoughtful answers. 2.4 is around the corner and they're all probably "crunch time" mode.

I'm sure it is, and that makes it even more understandable as to why he's probably got a limited amount of time to sit down and type up thoughtful answers. 2.4 is around the corner and they're all probably "crunch time" mode.

Except that Eric said they were hard at work on 2.5 and the changes that are supposedly coming in that patch. If he had said they are working on polishing 2.4, I would be less disappointed.

Except that Eric said they were hard at work on 2.5 and the changes that are supposedly coming in that patch. If he had said they are working on polishing 2.4, I would be less disappointed.

I don't know how Bioware does it, but I know at another certain MMO company they have teams split by content patches. Inevitably people have been working on 2.5 for some time now, but there is still work to be done on 2.4 until, and even when it launches. Certain kinds of developers are usually juggling a lot of different areas of content at once. the combat balance guy is probably having to look at stuff that will come up in the distant future as well, even the space combat.

All you guys crying a river because you have to wait for them to answer a few questions need to get a grip. You must not have a real life, job, family, etc. to be disappointed after something like this.

If you have a real life, job, family, etc to worry about, why are you worrying about what people get worked up about on a game forum?

All you guys crying a river because you have to wait for them to answer a few questions need to get a grip. You must not have a real life, job, family, etc. to be disappointed after something like this.

The funny irony is, here you are crying about others crying.

Define real life.

Do you mean like, action figures?

These guys wouldn't survive in the military........... or a TV station..... or a newspaper.... or well anything that has deadlines. I used to be in Public Affairs in the military, and whenever we held press conferences, if there was a question my General couldn't answer on the spot, we got the answer to the reporter within 24 hours. Most of the time it was about specific figures/details and I didn't have a problem hunting those answers down and delivering them. That was in a warzone even! Where answering some reporter was probably low on the list of priorities.

But I guess if your public perception is already in the toilets, it doesn't really matter how much lower it goes.

Hey everyone,

Unfortunately I am the bearer of bad news today. It looks like the Combat Team will need some more time to finish your questions, so we will be posting these next week. While it may seem like a quick and easy thing to answer these questions, the team wants to make sure you receive thorough answers, which does take time. I understand this is not ideal, but we appreciate your patience and apologize for the delay!

Hi Courtney.

Its been 14 days since these questions were submitted. Can you explain why suddenly this process is taking 2+ weeks? Especially when the typical return time for every other round before this was <1 week?

This is frustrating to say the least. We spent a lot of time coming up with very good questions, and honestly this feels a lot like the devs are just pushing this off as if it is less important.

Hey everyone,

Fair enough. But with the time it's taken to get this far, people will be expecting some seriously good quality answers for this, and some quality improvements and changes in the near future. Just a word of warning.

Fair enough. But with the time it's taken to get this far, people will be expecting some seriously good quality answers for this, and some quality improvements and changes in the near future. Just a word of warning.

Yeah, because otherwise they would've settled for less. :rolleyes:

These delays are setting the expectation quite high, for the sake of everyone I hope the answers deliver.

And sorcs shall long remember the "martyrdom" of receiving answers so crappy, the ensuing revolt brought hope to other gimped classes (though not ours).

Seriously, don't forget the sacrificial lambs in this, because it's not like the Combat Team would ever come back and provide us bona fide answers and retract "heal to full." I still remember Courtney, after being told in no uncertain terms that her "settle down" response was unacceptable, said she would "work with the Combat Team to get you a response today," and that never materialized.

And in the event this does turn out to be another heal to full fiasco...join us.

I don't quite understand why these NEW questions should get "thoughtful" answers, whereas the Sorcerors got H2F and Vanguards the infamous "perception problem".

Because - why didn't they get "thoughtful" answers in the first place ?

Personally I thought the sorc questions were asked very poorly, now whether or not it warranted the answers is another question. As for the vanguards, they're getting some nice buffs with 2.4 so they're moaning has paid off.