Theran Shan?

GorkieX

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm happy to see this thread gaining a little steam!!!

Everything is crossed, in hope, that we see our favorite spy again! Like others, I am hopeful they are saving him for a later date. Or we just haven't been given information about him yet. Like with so many of the other characters we have come to enjoy.

Still.....Don't kill our spy, Bioware!!!!

Like several of the current main characters (Satele, Marr, maybe Saresh, Malcom and a few Dark Council members) I'm pretty sure they're keeping them up their sleeve.

Expect the beginning of KOTFE to tell you any one of those, especially Theron, died and him/her to be revealed alive at the end of Chapter 9, to be continued in the next content release!

I can see them doing this. It is Bioware after all.

Rip my heart out only to be like, "lol nevermind!!"

I'm happy to see this thread gaining a little steam!!!

Everything is crossed, in hope, that we see our favorite spy again! Like others, I am hopeful they are saving him for a later date. Or we just haven't been given information about him yet. Like with so many of the other characters we have come to enjoy.

Still.....Don't kill our spy, Bioware!!!!

Nah, they won't. He has a book based on his adventures after all. He will be around and you can expect him when you least expect him. Besides... like his family before him, he is not one to let things slide.

Nah, they won't. He has a book based on his adventures after all. He will be around and you can expect him when you least expect him. Besides... like his family before him, he is not one to let things slide.

That book, and the comics, are the reason I am a Theron fan. I had a bit of a fan girl moment when they announced he would be in the game.

You're also right, he is not one to let things slide. I can't imagine him sitting idle while the twins are destroying the entire galaxy. I imagine we'll find him somewhere, maybe the Jedi Temple?, helping to keep it safe.

I'm glad this thread is up. I've been wondering the same thing, since the leak. Where is Theron? I want Theron! *stamps foot* :D

And I just want to say to those that called him 'bumbling' and cowardly, he's not. Far from it. While his last mission ended badly for the most part, he does have other adventures where he is quite competent and gets the job done (Annihilation). He's brave and clever, and I do hope he hasn't been killed. I'm nervous because I remember on FB they asked who we prefer Lana or Theron...I voted for Theron, but of course it seems that most who replied were guys and voted for her. :/

Love Theron. and while we're at it, where is Jonas Balkar? Did he make it? He'd make a great comp too. Given the male line up so far, I think it could stand some bolstering up, the new men really do nothing for me. I hope there are mods.

Edited by Lunafox

I'm also willing to unlock Theron with cc or trade the sub's reward aka Nico for Theron. Or betray Lana for Theron or sell Mako / Jaessa / Nadia / Kira / [insert class specific female companion here] to dat Hutt in Cartel Bazaar for him, whatever will work :rak_03: Edited by Preston_Violent

Theron a coward? How insulting. I hope Bioware does a scene like this to further enrage the haters:

Your main character is thawed from Carbonite but is not breathing, Theron appears out of the shadows and kneels down and gives you mouth to mouth. The scene will last a while, lots of close ups, and there is no skipping. Afterwards, your character wakes up due to his efforts. There should also be some epic music playing during this mandatory scene.

Edited by RoboArthurDayne

Theron isn't some cat in a box.

He is an individual with the power to make a straight man swing the other way.

Actually, it was untrustworthy/creepy-looking Lana who-is-actually-a-Sith-and-therefore-the-enemy that made my main swing the other way. Luckily Theron was all for it and my main and he made with the romance and stuff... And it turned out that I liked it. And would have liked to see where this could lead. The prospect of having my main's boss also be his mother-in-law was kinda funny to me. I really couldn't care less if a random rancor used Lana akin toilet paper after taking a dump.

Theron a coward? How insulting. I hope Bioware does a scene like this to further enrage the haters:

Your main character is thawed from Carbonite but is not breathing, Theron appears out of the shadows and kneels down and gives you mouth to mouth. The scene will last a while, lots of close ups, and there is no skipping. Afterwards, your character wakes up due to his efforts. There should also be some epic music playing during this mandatory scene.

And Lana is bound and gagged and forced to watch :rak_01:

And Lana is bound and gagged and forced to watch :rak_01:

I think Lana would be more likable and less creepy that way.

She's not exactly a character to hate but not one that is likable because she didn't have character to me. Just someone doing a job like your coworker, with no real prospects of being a friend or anything beyond that.

I think Lana would be more likable and less creepy that way.

She's not exactly a character to hate but not one that is likable because she didn't have character to me. Just someone doing a job like your coworker, with no real prospects of being a friend or anything beyond that.

I'd say she's starting to get some hate for the obvious reason

Terrible idea! since my assassin ignored the hell out of him during the last story content! the only reason he lived was due to Lana insisting he needed to stay around! I'm hoping in this new content if he does return, my assassin gets to kill him then finally marry the lovely Lana and have powerful dark side offspring :D:D:D

Edited by EVO_D

The idea that Theron is a coward and Lana is so amazing is kind of funny considering

you can convince Lana (quite easily) to quit after Ziost, but try the same with Theron and he'll put you in his place.

<- spoilers for Ziost.

I've always found Lana to be more contrived than Theron, and considering he's the only SGR male LI available to both factions at this point, to have him pull a Cytharat (kill him or let him live followed by promptful vanishing) would not onlybe a slap in the face to every gay male character and player... again... but also be bad for such a character, a non Force-sensitive son of a Jedi Grandmaster. That relationship between mother and son is so fraught with tension I could eat it up with a spoon. If he's not a companion, he better play a large role is all I'm saying.

Lana on the other hand is just so strangely Mary-Sue to me it's just become a bother. I haven't been able to really invest in her (though I'll admit she has the better romance). Also Theron's mixed Asian and Lana's white, go diversity! (I also just want to note that Satele went through a major redesign after the first Blur trailer and yet she was never ever imagined as white (she was first brown), one of the few pieces of diversity that was impressive in this game).

Edited by Maullum

I've always found Lana to be more contrived than Theron, and considering he's the only SGR male LI available to both factions at this point, to have him pull a Cytharat (kill him or let him live followed by promptful vanishing) would not onlybe a slap in the face to every gay male character and player... again... but also be bad for such a character, a non Force-sensitive son of a Jedi Grandmaster. That relationship between mother and son is so fraught with tension I could eat it up with a spoon. If he's not a companion, he better play a large role is all I'm saying.

While I disagree with Lana being mary-sue-ish quite deeply, I agree that it would be pretty awful if Theron got shafted. He's had a book and a comic (and as you said, it's awesome to see a bi non-white lead in these things) and has huge importance to the storyline due to his heritage. While of course as a non-straight player I'm over the moon at having my sweet lady companion to romance, it'd suck royally for the dudes I know who waited so long for a serious m/m romance to lose him. I'm hoping he just became head of the sis in the years you spent in carbonite or is mission control or something.

Maybe (hopefully) there are two character list's. One each for ex Empire/Republic and the one shown is for Empire side. (With HK-55 being a more darker character and Lana as examples).

It would really stink if they keep Lana in and not Theron.

On the one hand, I hope Theron is dead.

On the other, I hope he's not. Because I'd like to do it myself. Stars, he's annoying.

Man if they made us choose between Lana and Theron, Mass Effect Kaidan and Ashley style, I'd be over the f***ing moon. Lana would still die, every.single.time (poor Ashley), but it was done fantastically well in ME, so seeing it here might turn out to be just as well done.

Edited by Maullum