Lack of Healers in Flashpoints

Anyone notice this?

I play a Commando DPS/Healer on the server Jedi Covenant.

Whenever I queue as a Healer I immediately find a group, whenever I queue as a DPS it either takes an hour or not at all. I've been playing this character for a few weeks now and I have only been in a group with a healer (I was DPS) twice.

Do people not like playing a healer in flashpoints?

I can see it being frustrating since I've only had a few good groups (tanks kept aggro and dps took out adds), while most groups I'm healing myself because tanks either don't use the right form/cell or dps choose to focus boss rather than get the mobs off the healer.

Queing up for heals with my Commando or my Sorcerer on Red Eclipse can take around 5-10 minutes. Insta pop is not common. When I queue with my Jugg tank what is rare is not an insta pop.

If I queue with my mara, oh well... lol... I do that while I gather materials on planets or stuff like that. I hate being idle on the fleet.

Yep as a tank its almost instant pop, as a healer its usually a slight wait.

I was queing a lot of hm flashpoints, but I hit comm cap in 1 day so not a lot of incentive for me, especially when I que Lost Island 3 times in a row, which is pretty much the most annoying flashpoint for a healer. Right now its just not making a lot of sense to pug que with Lost Island in the mix.

Have 2 over 50 healers now and I am working on 2 more (50 and 39 now). Healers are usually instant to a 5 or 10 min pop. If I hit it at a busy server time.

My dps has become instant pops too, I just que with a guy that has two tanks and two dps. He ques with me on my healers and his dps and I que with him on his tanks and my dps. :p If he isn't around I just heal.

However, I do not heal because of fast flash points, I heal because I like it. It isn't for everyone, but I find it the easiest role to play. I love my infil shadow and my watchman, but not over my sawbones and operative.

Edited by mikebevo

Tanks are in short supply in the 55 bracket at the moment, prolly cause it is a pain levelling a tank and most tanks have DPS'es that they have levelled first.

I know if I queue my healer (5-10 mins is usual), Tank (<5 mins), DPS (>30 mins)

Queing up for heals with my Commando or my Sorcerer on Red Eclipse can take around 5-10 minutes. Insta pop is not common. When I queue with my Jugg tank what is rare is not an insta pop.

If I queue with my mara, oh well... lol... I do that while I gather materials on planets or stuff like that. I hate being idle on the fleet.

I play in your same server and while tank que is instant, when I'm with my commando it takes a few minutes, sometimes 20-25, so plenty of heals there..

I'm on Jedi Covenant as well. I usually hit the GF as i start my Dailies run. More than likely I'll only have to wait 10 mins max, if it doesn't instapop. Hell I usually only wait 20 mins for a GF Op run to come up.

I enjoy healing though, so look for me to be a healer as often as i can.

Problem is, healers & tanks just don't queue anymore once they reach the newly introduced weekly cap...

That's why people have alts. My main is a sent, but I play my sorc a fair amount and more often than not I heal mainly because I enjoy it, but also because it speeds up the process. Similarly, I've found it strangely efficient to group up with guildies to run FP's. Last night I ran with 3 dps on HM FP's like Lost Island. I slipped up on healing here and there, but really you don't need a tank for most HM FP's, at least the 50 variants. For 55, I can't share an opinion there. But for pushing through 50 to 55, you don't really need a tank if your dps know what they're doing.

That's why people have alts. My main is a sent, but I play my sorc a fair amount and more often than not I heal mainly because I enjoy it, but also because it speeds up the process. Similarly, I've found it strangely efficient to group up with guildies to run FP's. Last night I ran with 3 dps on HM FP's like Lost Island. I slipped up on healing here and there, but really you don't need a tank for most HM FP's, at least the 50 variants. For 55, I can't share an opinion there. But for pushing through 50 to 55, you don't really need a tank if your dps know what they're doing.

Oh, basically you're doing FPs without the use of Group Finder, kewl.

Oh and having alts doesn't stop the weekly cap probelm.

Edited by yoomazir

Yep as a tank its almost instant pop, as a healer its usually a slight wait.

I was queing a lot of hm flashpoints, but I hit comm cap in 1 day so not a lot of incentive for me, especially when I que Lost Island 3 times in a row, which is pretty much the most annoying flashpoint for a healer. Right now its just not making a lot of sense to pug que with Lost Island in the mix.

Really?

They have nerfed Lost Island again, its a true face roll now. If anything Kaon is far harder compared to LI now, and that's not because they made Kaon harder, they just nerfed LI so much.

Always been the story in MMOs, Tanks and Healers are not as common as DPS. Everyone wants to kick butt and take names, but if you ever leveled up a tank or healer pure spec you will see it is a slower lvling process and more of a challenge.

Always been the story in MMOs, Tanks and Healers are not as common as DPS. Everyone wants to kick butt and take names, but if you ever leveled up a tank or healer pure spec you will see it is a slower lvling process and more of a challenge.
You haven't meet my healer. :p

Leveling 10 to 50 on a sawbones was a real pain, but I am having an extremely easy time leveling from 50 to 55 (at 54 1/2 now). First off, the reason I had a difficult time from 10 to 50 is I don't have a healers mentality, I see am champion, I kill the champion. So far, I have died 4 times on Makeb and outside of a heroics I have soloed everything as I don't want to lose conversion rolls with my female smuggler smart***. 2 of the deaths have been from falling off cliffs, the other two have been trying to get a chest from 2 level 55 elites and a mob of weak 54 creatures, I got the chest 3rd try. I haven't been slow because it is harder to level a healer, been slow because RL caught up to me this week, but will hit 55 tonight. So far my guild has 3 level 55's, 1 dps, 1 heal and 1 tank and the tank was the 1st to 55. Bunch of 54 and 53, so I doubt I will be the 4th.

Edited by mikebevo

Problem is, healers & tanks just don't queue anymore once they reach the newly introduced weekly cap...

This is false. I'm queuing as a tank because I'm trying to get loot drops to gear faster. I'm just less likely to queue by myself because the skill and gear requirements for the HM's is high enough to where I'd rather run with people I know.

The weekly cap is garbage though. Its laughably low.