Thana Vesh as a companion

lowflyingmeat

ah cullen i really hope i can send him on a suicide mission for an icompetent hypocrite

Once again, he's a lot like Thana in the sense that some people love him, while others despise him. :p

Only the genders have been swapped. (both the characters' and the player base that wants them)

thana vesh is the only character in the star wars universe more anoying that jar jar the only peorsons compaions she should be is the reapers well he drags her stupid anoying incompeted *** down to whatever passes for hell in star wars.

1. Learn grammar.

2. You are wrong on both accounts. Hayden Christiansen. Jar Jar and Thana Vesh need to blanket party beat this whiny ***** in some Nar Shadaa back alley.

I wonder if SWTOR's devs will also eventually give in to "fan service" and make Thana a companion :p

Knowing there is no way they're going go back and change the whole SI story from Taris on to in-cooperate Thana instead of Ashara, I would totally settle for/purchase with CC's an unlock for her on the cartel market or do an HK type mission chain.

Knowing there is no way they're going go back and change the whole SI story from Taris on to in-cooperate Thana instead of Ashara, I would totally settle for/purchase with CC's an unlock for her on the cartel market or do an HK type mission chain.

Oh, I never meant instead of Ashara. I meant it more along the lines of making a follow-up questline where you can recruit her as an extra companion, just like HK. They could even explain why she's still alive for those who originally killed her. (and maybe give her a cyborg customization option :p)

I'd be more than happy to have it be a CM purchase too.

Either works for me. It would be even better if it was cross-faction also. Maybe then I'd play Trooper again (I despise Jorgan more than almost any other character in this game. Even more than Quinn but not as much as Skavak). Heck, put Jaxo in there too.

Either works for me. It would be even better if it was cross-faction also. Maybe then I'd play Trooper again (I despise Jorgan more than almost any other character in this game. Even more than Quinn but not as much as Skavak). Heck, put Jaxo in there too.

Put Jaxo on the CM too? Or on the list of characters you hate?

I think the first would make a lot of people happy. :D

Put Jaxo on the CM too? Or on the list of characters you hate?

I think the first would make a lot of people happy. :D

Oh I love me some Jaxo. I'd want her as a companion. Alternatively, I'd also pay for the ability to murder or maim an existing companion (as possible in beta). With Treek and HK-51 available, the reasons for removing that functionality are mitigated to a large extent. And rash people ("I didn't know it was permanent") deserve what they get but would have the opportunity to at least replace the companion they killed.

Heck, I'd pay 10,000 CCs just for the ability to kill Jorgan (as an account wide unlock). I love the Trooper story and, for example, would love to see what happens if I choose

to go after Wraith instead of saving the Senator

, but the first 24 levels are interminable because of the companion. One that you're forced to use on several occasions.

• 4 weeks later...

I totally support this, as I am in the "not allowed to win at dark apprentice/romance" Inquisitor club. Sure I've already got Xalek as an apprentice, but whatever. Thana is awesome. Dat Laura Bailey...

Don't think it'd make much sense on non-Sith, but then again, an Ewok doesn't make sense for anybody, at least lore-wise.

• 3 months later...

Signed/

Agreed.

-loads of room for character development

-loved and hated alike, she invokes a BIG reaction, the whole point.

-FUN to harass one another, playing essentially verbal snark games(think of all those lovely conversations!!)

-full dark companion for inquisitors dark siders don't have the luxury for (unfair when compared to warrior who has both)

Key word: Potential

Edited by Krimlord

Signed/

Agreed.

-loads of room for character development

-loved and hated alike, she invokes a BIG reaction, the whole point.

-FUN to harass one another, playing essentially verbal snark games(think of all those lovely conversations!!)

-full dark companion for inquisitors dark siders don't have the luxury for (unfair when compared to warrior who has both)

Key word: Potential

I think you are confusing a one note character with potential. Thana Vesh had no potential. She played the same, bad tune at every moment you encountered her, either bragging about her abilities she did not have, or growling that you one upped her. That is not growth or potential. That's a twirly mustached villain. Hell, she's pretty much Snidley Whiplash with breasts, right down to the outfit. I could not hit the kill her button fast enough in the end.

Edited by Silverspar

I think you are confusing a one note character with potential. Thana Vesh had no potential. She played the same, bad tune at every moment you encountered her, either bragging about her abilities she did not have, or growling that you one upped her. That is not growth or potential. That's a twirly mustached villain. Hell, she's pretty much Snidley Whiplash with breasts, right down to the outfit. I could not hit the kill her button fast enough in the end.

Just because someone hasn't grown much doesn't mean she absolutely can't. If you look closely she begins to change her tune ever so subtlety.

At the time the relationship was just hate and jealousy on her side, sure. Or so it seemed to be. But over time, things like...

"First one to overload the reactor core can watch the nekghouls fry."

"I alerted Reoublic Security to your location. Think of it as a fun challenge between friends."

Ironic she would say such a thing, even joke about beings friends if she flat out despises you and has no room to grow. That is a subtle change in tune, like a jab at one another. Eventually, it became more like a game to one up each other (even if she was stubborn to admit her losses). With all those flirts she can get, and deny. By the end, she changed her tune with an actual smile, "Well I suppose if there was ever a time for celebration" but then is interrupted and leaves, as if to tease the player. That is still development. A hint of it. But development nonetheless. She finally began to let down the tough guise she wore so commonly.

Despite all the barks. There was no true hostility. Regardless of all her threats she never turned on the Sith herself, she remained loyal unless betrayed by the player.

And of course the play on being her master, "Your potential is enticing, Thana. There is much I could teach you."

Potential was used as a word for her in-game. Everyone who has flaws also has potential to overcome those flaws. This would be companion development. Given the room that could be utilized for that in many conversations, depending on how you'd act however as to how she'd develop. It seems to me her attitude is taken too seriously by players who wouldn't dare be talked to that way.

Love her or Hate her. She has room to be more than just thrown away when she invokes such reactions.

Edited by Krimlord

Just because someone hasn't grown much doesn't mean she absolutely can't. If you look closely she begins to change her tune ever so subtlety.
There was no subtlety, she didn't change it was the same until the end. In short, you are basically reaching to conclusions. She was trying to kill you, that is all, and again all she was was Snidley Whiplash with breasts. All she needed was someone to tie to a railroad track and she would be complete. You are basically misconstruing her character, or in this case, her lack of character and trying to invent depth she did not have.

Thana Vesh should be a Universal companion for all Empire Players! She's a great compliment to the story and would work for all the classes IMO. Light or Dark, she would just submit to you :)...would also make a nice romance option.

(Yes I know, this causes problem for republic players, as they want in on the pie too...but oh well).

For the naysayers...

She has a great character actually

-She plays hard to get and this only adds depth to her

-You should realize she actually listens to you (She does whatever Light/Dark side choices you want). She never outwardly tries to kill you or anything, she's just got a bit of an inferiority complex

-Shes actually a born-to-be-sith (sure you can turn the Sith Warrior companion evil but Ive heard that shes lame. Plus Sith Inquis, we can't really change anyone to dark side)

-She comes off arrogant, slightly one dimensional - but as the story progresses - you realize she's actually just an insecure sith. Pride & Insecurity go together you know :o

-Yeah you can choose to kill her or save her, that is a problem - I'm sure the quest chain can be retconned for people who want her as a companion or something

-The voice acting is essentially in the game already

Specifically due to my main being a Sith Inquisitor

-As a class inspired by palpatine, our inability to twist/turn someone to the darkside (ala anakin) is pretty disappointing. Especially because our character is constantly asking for his/her hand to be held by smarter people for guidance in the story.

-I'll just take Thana over Ashara, thanks.

Anyways, as a sith inquisitor - I feel robbed by my story in general. I'm at 45 and I've read the end story spoilers and it's still just a yawn for me. The companions suck, especially as a male. We get a buncha randoms including a mute dashade who just wants to eat as our first companion...plus our only romance-able companion is a barbie Jedi who can't truly fall to the dark side. I don't think I'm the only Sith inquisitor player who thinks our story is just mediocre.

EDIT: after finishing the game and rolling an Agent alt, my impressions are the same, Sith Inquis story is lacking.

Her story arc here:

No, just no. For the following reasons:

(1) She's killable at the end of her story arc. What happens to characters who choose to kill her?

(2) (Why it's a bad idea for a Sith Lord to take her along) She's an arrogant, stuck-up twit who barely knows how to get around without being led, gets captured or incapacitated by Republic plebs multiple times and would generally be a millstone around any self-respecting Sith Lord's neck. At least Ashara knows how to fight, and won't betray you at the drop of a hat.

(3) (Why it's a bad idea for a non-Force Sensitive to take her along) She's an arrogant, stuck-up twit incapable of respecting non-Force users. You'd have to constantly guard against her attempts to take over/grab power at your expense, she can't keep a low profile to save her life, and she's short on wits. And the Agent and BH get by by using their wits. At least Kaliyo's got a certain low cunning, and can be trusted to rob only so much from the cash register.

(4) Did I mention that she's flat-out stupid? Not merely half-witted, brainless. As in: "brains of a carrot". Her approach to any problem is "attack, attack, attack!", no matter if it's self-evidently stronger than her - she got at least one entire platoon of (stolen) Imperial troopers killed in a pointless, stupid, rash assault on entrenched Republic forces because she absolutely had to have her bloodbath, didn't she? By the time she went down to Orda - a stun-grenade, no less! - I was wishing I could put two in the back of her head and report her "death in action" to Gravus. He'd probably have thanked me - certainly, the Empire would have been better off.

How she made it through Korriban is a mystery to me; I'd wager that she slept with at least one of the instructors, given that she's capable of neither pulling her weight in combat, nor holding her own in a contest of wits.

Frankly, the idea's absurd on so many levels it's actually almost funny.

At the time the relationship was just hate and jealousy on her side, sure. Or so it seemed to be. But over time, things like...

"First one to overload the reactor core can watch the nekghouls fry."

"I alerted Reoublic Security to your location. Think of it as a fun challenge between friends."

Because alerting the Empire's sworn enemies to your arrival - jeopardizing your shared mission and the Empire's entire operation in the process - is oh so very collegial of her.

Ironic she would say such a thing, even joke about beings friends if she flat out despises you and has no room to grow. That is a subtle change in tune, like a jab at one another.

She rather consistently threatens to kill you, right up to and including when you free her from the Jedi in Olaris Spaceport. And when you're nice, and free her from Bashun's captivity, she sneers at you and marches off as if it's her due. Even the career Imperials are sick of her **** - and her rank as a Sith isn't enough to protect her from their scorn, despite the awe they are instilled with from childhood onward for those who can touch the Dark Side.

Eventually, it became more like a game to one up each other (even if she was stubborn to admit her losses). With all those flirts she can get, and deny.

And flat-out lies, and cheats, and gets herself captured by the Jedi, because, you know, she's stupid...

By the end, she changed her tune with an actual smile, "Well I suppose if there was ever a time for celebration" but then is interrupted and leaves, as if to tease the player. That is still development. A hint of it. But development nonetheless. She finally began to let down the tough guise she wore so commonly.

"Much as I'd like to see you disintegrated, I suggest you run. Or stay, and get buried. See if I care." Delivered in the most chillingly indifferent, offhanded tone I've seen for awhile. It's not a "mask" - she's a sociopathic b---h who can't see anyone else as anything but "someone to get something off of" and "rival to kill".

Despite all the barks. There was no true hostility.

Except for the times when she - quite sincerely from the tone of voice she used - informed you of an intent to kill you if ever the chance presented itself.

Regardless of all her threats she never turned on the Sith herself, she remained loyal unless betrayed by the player.

Yes, let's ignore the times she gets Imperials killed, disobeys her Master, eventually repudiates him (still thinks herself entitled to command his troops, ofc), directly attacks Imperial soldiers on her way out, etc. etc. etc.

A paragon of loyalty, that Thana Vesh.

And of course the play on being her master, "Your potential is enticing, Thana. There is much I could teach you."

....And her response is, remind me?

Potential was used as a word for her in-game. Everyone who has flaws also has potential to overcome those flaws. This would be companion development. Given the room that could be utilized for that in many conversations, depending on how you'd act however as to how she'd develop. It seems to me her attitude is taken too seriously by players who wouldn't dare be talked to that way.

That, and the way she keeps talking herself up, but never actually succeeds at anything. She's an idiot blowhard who can't do anything without having her hand held. Given a fight between her and a first-year Padawan, I'd bet on the Padawan.

Love her or Hate her. She has room to be more than just thrown away when she invokes such reactions.

She's a cardboard-cutout Sith, only without their redeeming qualities. Gravus was a far more interesting character, IMO.

No, just no. For the following reasons:

(1) She's killable at the end of her story arc. What happens to characters who choose to kill her?

I made the argument once that "dead Thana" could have come back like Drahg all cybernetic and all.

(2) (Why it's a bad idea for a Sith Lord to take her along) She's an arrogant, stuck-up twit who barely knows how to get around without being led, gets captured or incapacitated by Republic plebs multiple times and would generally be a millstone around any self-respecting Sith Lord's neck. At least Ashara knows how to fight, and won't betray you at the drop of a hat.

Having Vette and Ashara is any better? Thana is definitely a more IC ally and even romance than those two.

(3) (Why it's a bad idea for a non-Force Sensitive to take her along) She's an arrogant, stuck-up twit incapable of respecting non-Force users. You'd have to constantly guard against her attempts to take over/grab power at your expense, she can't keep a low profile to save her life, and she's short on wits. And the Agent and BH get by by using their wits. At least Kaliyo's got a certain low cunning, and can be trusted to rob only so much from the cash register.

Having Mako and Kaliyo is any better. I still think Mako is a horrible choice for a Bounty Hunter. Every single BH I have seen in Star Wars lore is some stone cold killer, even in the anaimated series Clone Wars (Cad Bane, Aurra Sing, Embo...it goes on too). Can someone eplease tell me of any Bounty Hunter out there who was actually good and hornorable and would ahve even suffered the existence of that little abomnation called mako? And even though I love Kaliyo to death I agree that IC she does not sync with an agent that well so yes again, Thana would be more IC than those two. I always thought in that scene where Than walks off at end if you do not kill her that it pretty much mirrors bounty hunter Asajj ventress.

(4) Did I mention that she's flat-out stupid? Not merely half-witted, brainless. As in: "brains of a carrot". Her approach to any problem is "attack, attack, attack!", no matter if it's self-evidently stronger than her - she got at least one entire platoon of (stolen) Imperial troopers killed in a pointless, stupid, rash assault on entrenched Republic forces because she absolutely had to have her bloodbath, didn't she? By the time she went down to Orda - a stun-grenade, no less! - I was wishing I could put two in the back of her head and report her "death in action" to Gravus. He'd probably have thanked me - certainly, the Empire would have been better off.

How she made it through Korriban is a mystery to me; I'd wager that she slept with at least one of the instructors, given that she's capable of neither pulling her weight in combat, nor holding her own in a contest of wits.

Frankly, the idea's absurd on so many levels it's actually almost funny

Um what are you doing playing a Sith if you don't know all about the rage issues?

There was no subtlety, she didn't change it was the same until the end. In short, you are basically reaching to conclusions. She was trying to kill you, that is all, and again all she was was Snidley Whiplash with breasts. All she needed was someone to tie to a railroad track and she would be complete. You are basically misconstruing her character, or in this case, her lack of character and trying to invent depth she did not have.

I could just as easily say you were misconstruing her character by not reading into her at all and thinking for a fact the surface is all there is and ever will be.

If growth in people no matter how immature they may start out is possible in another characters why not her? Wouldn't be too difficult to implement.

Also. You honestly would think she's worse than a "Don't make me go against my teachings" Padawan rogue who persistently thinks she's a Jedi? While a warrior may have a light and dark romance alike the inquisitor doesn't. It'd certainly fill a much needed gap.

Edited by Krimlord

I could just as easily say you were misconstruing her character by not reading into her at all and thinking for a fact the surface is all there is and ever will be.

If growth in people no matter how immature they may start out is possible in another characters why not her? Wouldn't be too difficult to implement.

Also. You honestly would think she's worse than a "Don't make me go against my teachings" Padawan rogue who persistently thinks she's a Jedi? While a warrior may have a light and dark romance alike the inquisitor doesn't. It'd certainly fill a much needed gap.

Now you're just reaching. Even the post above dissected and showed that she had no depth, no growth of character.

Now you're just reaching. Even the post above dissected and showed that she had no depth, no growth of character.

In the beginning she was like all f*** off, I don't need your help. Towards the end at the starport she welcomes your help and acts more like a team player. From what I saw the relationship between you and her goes from hostile to trusted as is further exemplified if you do choose to let her go at the end and she even sends you a thank you letter afterwards.

All this is more development than Yuun, Broonmark, Rusk, Raina, Xalek, Blizz and Tanno ever do.

In the beginning she was like all f*** off, I don't need your help. Towards the end at the starport she welcomes your help and acts more like a team player. From what I saw the relationship between you and her goes from hostile to trusted as is further exemplified if you do choose to let her go at the end and she even sends you a thank you letter afterwards.

All this is more development than Yuun, Broonmark, Rusk, Raina, Xalek, Blizz and Tanno ever do.

Uh, no she didn't welcome your help. She grudgingly accepted it since you were there but basically still acted superior and hadn't a cared about it. Even at the end she still threatens you and tells you she will kill you. No, this is not even remotely a character arc, she didn't change, or grow and nothing about her resembles anything than a cardboard cut out.

And quite the contrary, her development is LESS than those characters. You are inventing an arc that doesn't exist. She stayed one note to the bitter end. She never acknowledges your skill, she never even considers your help and she still refuses to admit you are her equal, or in this case, superior and still proclaims she will kill you in the end. in short, you are seeing something that isn't there and never was, the only change in dialog is whether or not you did sides or not, if you didn't do them she brags about it, if you did, she acts annoyed you did the same thing but still tries to one up you. This character was never going to accept you even remotely as a friend, this is a character whose only purpose was to kill you and win, nothing more.

Edited by Silverspar

• 5 months later...
Mine isn't. :(

Have you seen the age of this thread?

I'd say /signed as well, but I probably already did it somewhere along the line.

I know, it was ages ago, but i've stumbled upon it while looking for thana vesh. :p

But still... Bioware should consider this option. :):rak_03: