How can it be I make Esselles & BT THREE TIMES and my char gets NOTHING

Ok, here is something that REALLY angers me. I mean ok, there are bosses and the drop is random. Fine. But first: I'd really really really wish the game would adapt to drop something in accordance with WHO is in the group! I duo'ed BT with a BH and my Inquisitor and almost ALL drops were Medium. I mean, IS IT POSSIBLE to drop something the players can use? So I made Esselles with my Jedi Guardian one time, and BT with my Sith Inq. even TWO times, and in ALL THREE I got not a single piece for me. Not one.

Fine again, if at least the QUEST would give some feel-good-reward. But wrong again. The quest gives only XP. No reward whatsoever.

And HOW THE HECK CAN THIS BE, that I make BT two times, once even just in a duo, and my Sith gets NOTHING he can use.

For the force's sake ADD SOME BLASTED REWARD for the quest, so those with bad luck get even some small thing to use! How can it be, I make a 4-man instance quest, which takes times and hard work and my char gets nothing! Is is WOW already were people grind the same instances 10 times to get something for them?

Sorry, but I am so mad about this. And yeah you can troll what you want, but when a 4 man instance doesn't even give one stupid piece, there just is something wrong. Effort in a game should always lead to some reward, or the entire purpose of playing the game is void!

I can see how that would really piss you off. I always get angry when I flip a coin twice and it's not heads at least 1 of those times! /sarcasm

Maybe you'd like the game to analyze your gear to make sure that everything that drops will always be an upgrade too. Why waste your time if the gear that drops isn't any better than what you already have!

Its math. If the boss has 10 items to drop and you only need one of those, and they have equal chances to drop you would need to run the instances 10 times to have an even chance at seeing that item drop.

Strings of the same number appear all the time in random rolls, ie its highly possible that in 20 runs you will still not see it.

As you are leveling its hardly an issue, you will get gear from quests that is just as good at your next planet.

In wow I ran ZA 30 times and never saw my shoulders. I ended up getting a better pair from a harder raid. Months later running someone else through it . . . they drop.

Its the name of the game friend.

Naw man I feel you. It's just bad luck really, as the loot is based on RNGs. I remember back when playing WoW, after a whole night of heavy raiding (raiding, mind you, is much more consuming than a flashpoint/instance) I would end up not picking any loot up and not because i would lose a roll... No. Just because no loot would drop for my char. It is awful but it's just luck.

And tbh, don't obsess so much over early flashpoint loot. You'll end up replacing it really fast anyways.

I could live even with the bad luck. But I STILL think the boss loot should adapt to who actually is in the group.

What I CANT live with is, how a quest for a 4 man instance has no reward piece but only XP! That is just WRONG! It leaves people with the same, stupid WOW treadmill of grinding instances.

I could live even with the bad luck. But I STILL think the boss loot should adapt to who actually is in the group.

What I CANT live with is, how a quest for a 4 man instance has no reward piece but only XP! That is just WRONG! It leaves people with the same, stupid WOW treadmill of grinding instances.

You would have loved AION when it came out. around 5% chance for the boss to drop anything at all, let alone a rare item..

You would have loved AION when it came out. around 5% chance for the boss to drop anything at all, let alone a rare item..

You know, I don't even ask for much! Just a new glove or hat, it doesn't have to have some great stats. Just SOMETHING to feel rewarded for my effort. In this case I DIDN'T EVEN GET THE LOUSY T-SHIRT! I just want a small piece to feel my effort is rewarded in some small silly piece. And not just a mere cold handshake!

I rather liked the way that lotro did their loot for raids. There would be one coin that would drop that could be exchanged for an armor piece. That way anyone could win the piece on any run.

Not a fan of the everybody gets a trophy loot system. At least when you finally win something you'll be really excited about it.

Esseles loot is pretty trivial though. You'll be wearing it for 1-3 days of play, and then replace it.

And I've found the loot system to be pretty good anyway. Is does seem to take into account what classes are in the group from my experience, which greatly increases your odds.

I guess you're just really unlucky...

Edit: I played these a lot in beta and got somthing at least 75% of the time, probably more. On live i got marginally better green pants.

Edited by Varcan

You know, I don't even ask for much! Just a new glove or hat, it doesn't have to have some great stats. Just SOMETHING to feel rewarded for my effort. In this case I DIDN'T EVEN GET THE LOUSY T-SHIRT! I just want a small piece to feel my effort is rewarded in some small silly piece. And not just a mere cold handshake!

for a BH u can get gloves, boots, chest, blaster, for everyone else u gotta be dam lucky lol. ran this place 10+ times in beta stress test and only BH stuff dropped.

Naw man I feel you. It's just bad luck really, as the loot is based on RNGs. I remember back when playing WoW, after a whole night of heavy raiding (raiding, mind you, is much more consuming than a flashpoint/instance) I would end up not picking any loot up and not because i would lose a roll... No. Just because no loot would drop for my char. It is awful but it's just luck.

And tbh, don't obsess so much over early flashpoint loot. You'll end up replacing it really fast anyways.

This is correct but when you get your drop towards flash points replacing it won't be fast. Me (IA Sniper) recieved a drop on BT (some duster) and during my questing phase in Kass City didn't find a decent replacement (for Critical Chance) til Friends of Old (Herioc). I still say rolling more than once in flashpoints should be a thing to enjoy the drops are just bad lucky really.

You did get something--incredibly efficient experience points and also a Dromund Kaas Commendation that can be turned in for guaranteed BETTER loot when you get to Kaas City. The drops you received in BT are soon replaced by commendation purchases or cash purchases in Kaas City.

Also, if you do 2-man speed runs with companions (space bar skip all conversations) it's an amazing way to level and rack up commendations. You also have a 50% chance to get any item that is useful for you or YOUR COMPANION (you should be trying to improve your companion's loot too if no one else needs it--which happens a lot in 2 man runs).

I remember running through it with 2mercs, myself as powertech and a sorc picked up a chest piece, gloves, blaster and offhand shield on that run. Mercs where pisssed saying I needed on everything but they where all upgrades i equipped right there.

I would prefer flashpoints/ops to only drop useable items by the groups doing them, doesn't seem too much to ask for.

However it maybe there is some design balance or time sink component that pure random loot gives Bioware that just handing out rewards faster they would miss out on.

Good luck next time, and remember not to stress over the early stuff as you'll be out of that gear pretty quickly.

I just made Esselles again in a duo. And this story is no hoax.

We looted 7 IDENTICAL pairs of gloves "esselles something gloves" and 9 different rifles!

Of course a Jedi and Smuggler could use NONE of the many rifles. We even began to make a joke of opening a "Rifles and Gloves" shop on Coruscant.

This is just very, very wrong.

Yeah, totally random. Though I agree with you, the game should at least look at what classes are there, and drop loot for at least one of the players. Or... barring that, make it so that the item nobody can use isn't bound on pick-up, so you can get more than vendor price for it.

As far as luck goes, I ran Esseles on my consular, got a drop on every single boss. My teammate was pissed, all I could do was shrug :D The next time through, one thing dropped for him, and nothing for me.

Oh yeah, and those random rare drops on non-bosses: one run through BT yielded 9 pairs of the same boots lol. Of course I could use them, but not all 9 pairs!

You know what you should feel rewarded for? The EXP and the LEVELS, as well as perhaps your need to use capitals instead of typing normally. Hell, I'd be happy if I could play now, but nooo because of my bandwidth. Just be happy that you can play TOR and stop complaining.

Some instances are heavy in one type of loot. All the "Black Talon" armor pieces are heavy armor. So even though some medium or light drops, most of the drops are heavy armor. There are lots of places like this in other MMOs.

For example: Go into an ice cave and keep killing giants all night long. Their only drops are plate amor. So dont farm that area with a wizard and be upset that you dont get any loot drops.

Not to mention the BT gear will be replaced within hours. If you just run BT once and move on, you will get better gear thru normal progression at the same speed you would get it had you stayed back on BT and keep repeating it.

Some instances are heavy in one type of loot. All the "Black Talon" armor pieces are heavy armor. So even though some medium or light drops, most of the drops are heavy armor.

No they're not. There are "Black Talon" heavy, medium and light sets. There's Juggernaut, Marksman and Inquisitor gear that I've seen myself. There also should be (as in it exists) Powertech, Sniper, Marauder and Operative Black Talon armor. They're just not dropping. I've run Black Talon over ten times in the last two days trying to get a lower Inquisitor robe. I've seen six upper robes and nothing else.

The reason people want these is not because of the quality of stats, but because it's the first upgradable armor. It can be upgraded quite cheap using the commendations everyone is touting as what people should be using to buy armor.

The simple fact of the matter is that people want to use the upgradable armor and carry it along with them for a while, using their commendation at the mod vendor as they level up. It's far more efficient than buying disposable armor sets from the commendation vendor.

The problem is the drop chances are very obviously bugged. When a specific armor piece for one class is dropping every run, and ten runs doesn't net a single other piece then something is up.