hacks are out of control

VLAHD

I know this has been said a million times!!!!!

1. Break up the ques and put the premades in were they are supposed to be...in the raided...dont give me that crap about long premade que times...if all the premades were where they are supposed to be, the ques would be shorter.

2. When are you going to install a warden program to catch the hacks? they are out of control....we haxs cookies and yes are out of control on the harbringer...if you arent smart enough to make it on your own, buy the royalties from WoW and get it moving pls.

You are hemoraging your subing players...pvp is still dieing...hackers never get perma banned...guess its time for all of us to start hacking to make it fair again.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been here since Day 1 and in total I've maybe seen 2-3 hacks, if even that much. If you truly think people are hacking "out of control", well then to put it simply, no you're just bad. You are probably one of the people who think Marauder Carnage spec Predation speed is "hack". And if you think by hacking yourself you constitute the game as being "fair", then do us a favor and just uninstall the game. Edited by DubFanahtic

I've probably seen about 3-4 hacks in my year here in SWTOR. Mostly speed hacking and glitching to some degree. It's probably true given the launch of F2P opening way for trolls and haters to hack the game and recreate a free account when they are caught. It's quite sad.

But at the same time I've noticed no hacking of any kind in every single warzone I've been entering and this is on the server Tomb of Freedon Naad.

1. Break up the ques and put the premades in were they are supposed to be...in the raided...dont give me that crap about long premade que times...if all the premades were where they are supposed to be, the ques would be shorter.

2. When are you going to install a warden program to catch the hacks? they are out of control....we haxs cookies and yes are out of control on the harbringer...if you arent smart enough to make it on your own, buy the royalties from WoW and get it moving pls.

You are hemoraging your subing players...pvp is still dieing...hackers never get perma banned...guess its time for all of us to start hacking to make it fair again.

Lol are you the Republic player that was spamming general a few nights ago in Civil War talking about how you were taking names and reporting people? That was funny.

If so don't blame hacks when your team lost 600-0 because our 3 healers were completely ignored.

Been on Harbinger since the first day, got 4 Imps and 3 Republic chars all over valor 60 and have never seen a hack.

First off not part of either of those guilds I do play on the Harbinger tho in the 50 bracket "El'drik". I have played both against those guilds and with those guilds more times than I care to go into and I have never see anything like a hack. I have seen great team play and awesome tactics with some solid specs . Before you start throwing stones at a guild you better have some evidence especially guilds that have been around for awhile. You lost, suck it up and move on try blaming your team, your class, internet connection whatever but throwing wild accusations at a guild for hacking is pretty low. Grow up.

Hacker #1: Seen by multiple people capping a node in Civil War from stealth. Offending player was banned within 24 hours, never to be seen again.

Hacker #2: "Glitching" aka speed hacking via NetLimiter in Huttball. Offending player was banned within 24 hours, never to be seen again.

Those are the only 2 confirmed hackers I've ever heard of on my server. There are rumors of others of course, and I've seen vids of other suspicious activities by an entire guild on my server, and they've had players banned in the past. Hacking does not run rampant in TOR. I'm sure not everyone gets caught, but I'm also sure it's not as bad as people make it out to be, either.

Hacker #1: Seen by multiple people capping a node in Civil War from stealth.

Happened to me once. ACW, on my Sin, Imp vs Pub. We had both East & West, they had mid. They where hammering West hard, however we were holding out. I died, so I respawned and used the direct speeder to get to West. Once I arrived I checked the turret for cappers: there was none, so I redirect my attention to the battle. Around 2-3 seconds later we lose West. There was no way the Reps could've capped West within the 2-3 seconds of me looking away.

There was this one Shadow that kept coming back to West during the battle, I can remember because I saw him in his stealthed form multiple times, so I would guess it was him. Lost the match thanks to the hacker.

YEAH! And <Full Resolve> and <Goof Troop> and <The Agency> and <COVENANT> and <Ascendancy> and especially <Deadweight> oh wait...

Or maybe you should post this in server specific forums, or not at all...

Only hacks I've ever "seen" is lag switches, and you know, it could just be actual lag...

Edited by criminalheretic

Now if we are talking Deadweight, Covenant and Ascendency thats another story.........lol. It sounds bad but if it did come out that they were hacking I would dance for joy I can't even tell you how many times they have slaughtered me in WarZones so yeah I would dance for joy if they were actually hackers. But really I know some of the players and they don't hack they are just really talented folks that do it all right "Spec. Gear, Team, Play". They got it all. Mad respect uber guilds nothing but mad respect. See ya in the trenches at least smile at me as I die for the 20th time.

only one i've seen lately is the 'bug' where a premade can sneak an extra person into the WZ. Usually goes unnoticed as people spread out, but every now and then, i see 8 people on the other team, which is, ironically and just a coincidence i am sure, a premade team...

I have seen a lot of strange things in PvP. Some look like hacks at first, but with some afterthought and reviewing, they do in fact seem plausible. I began playing since march and I have seen a confirmed (in my point of view) around 5 or hacks.

I believe hacks exist, I am not denying that. however, I do not see them as the major epidemic of this games future.

Been playing on Jung Ma server since pre-launch. And saw only few instances of 'speed hacking' and 'stealth capping'. And all players that did those things were caught and banned forever. So yeah, this game is pretty solid. To me it sounds that you had a really bad game or games. And now you are accusing everyone of hacking. Edited by AnimaSoul

LOL HEY Eblis YOU ARE HACKING AGAIN BRO! I WANT TO KNOW YOUR AWESOME SAUCE HACKS!!!!!!!!

We Haz Cookies still doesn't hack, and that isn't going to change just because more people accuse them. Also, it would be appreciated if in the future we leave the hacking accusations to the top pvp guilds who are qualified to recognize them on Harbringer. As has already been identified, that means Goof Troop, Dead Weight, Ascendency, Full Resolve, and We Haz Cookies. (and a very few qualified individuals in mid tier pvp guilds Agapex, Nyc, ect...)

If you see something you believe to be a hack by all means report it via the in game function, but don't convince yourself that it actually is a hack unless you understand ALL of the mechanics in this game and understand how lag effects your and their game play.

PS We Haz Cookies actually caught a speed hacker in a voidstar game back on Drooga's Pleasure Barge. PSS No, it wasn't one of their players, or a player in any of the top guilds on that server either; it was a random.

Edited by Asunasan

YEAH! And <Full Resolve> and <Goof Troop> and <The Agency> and <COVENANT> and <Ascendancy> and especially <Deadweight> oh wait...

Or maybe you should post this in server specific forums, or not at all...

Only hacks I've ever "seen" is lag switches, and you know, it could just be actual lag...

Agreed

Do you have any proof because I don't see any? All the people on here complaining about hacks, yet they can't even show a video or a screenshot of some sort.

This guy probably gets beat down all the time on his server. Furthermore, he probably doesn't understand the mechanics of the game. Here is some advice.... Get your own premade and open up to people. It's an MMO. It's ment to be played with others. If you want to play by yourself, go buy elder scolls or something. Most importantly, L2P the game.

LIfe isn't fair, some of the people you game with are going to be better than you. Accept that, and you'll never be upset about playing an online game again.

Edited by Individual

It's always funny to see people who confuse class mechanics with hacking. I've been accused of hacking for using cover and root to stop a marauder from charging me on my op. On the same day a commando claimed I was using "cd hacks" because I knocked him down, stunned him, then rooted him and interrupted his cast. Apparently "there's no way to have that many stuns." I have seen bugs in wzs, ie much to her surprise, my lady spawned on the wrong side of a door in VS.. Also, I've fallen into the ground in huttball. Of course, lag does funny things sometimes, and in some cases could be speed switching.. but from what I've seen, people who think hacking is rampant are likely either paranoid or don't have a basic understanding of other classes. That said, I'm not saying it never happens.