Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

Fair enough there are population problems, however that can be solved by proper advertising in Australia. Any onto what I want to say, by moving the APAC servers you are offering a inferior product (higher latency times, incredibly different time zones) whilst keeping the price the same for subs. I am a sub and I am disgusted by the behavior here. We were promised APAC servers and we got them. I can't tell you how glad I was for that as the latency in the American Servers made PVP nearly impossible at times. Bioware and EA, I am extremely disappointed that my continued belief in Star Wars the Old Republic has been misplaced, I for one will not pay the same price for a inferior product, and I may even decide to simply quit the game entirely. And from the forums that seems to be the opinion of the majority of APAC players. I bid you adieu Star Wars the Old Republic, it was fun however it isn't you or even me... its your parents.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The straw that broke the cammels back.

Goodbye TEHEE, NS, SNX, Synergy, Reverence, ROTJ, WOTR, Corvus, Vindication, Excession, ALBG, Autobots and SPC just to name a few dalborra guilds.

A big goodbye to IZO, SPK, Katarn, Lims, Lajeer, Vesia, Ero, Aspect, Nash and MJ'Rat.

I will miss out tripple threat commando troll in PVP and our little "Redemption are scrubs" digs with A Little Bit Gimp. I enjoyed my time in Redemption but this APAC decision is the straw the broke the cammels back.

I missed the Dalborra community playing on Khaz'goroth WOW server and will miss them again.

Unsubbed.

Keitzy / Letiek / Ennael / Leanny / Damocracy / Harvëy / Repugnant - Redemption / Redemptìon

For RotHC refunds, create an in-game ticket from the support menu, stating that we were sold the expansion in poor faith given Bioware's internal knowledge of likely off-shore server merging.

Be polite, and word it as well as you can and you will stand a much better chance.

Edited by anicca

Hey Musco - remember that time you said you wouldn't merge the servers because people in RP/PVE/PVP would lose their preferred server type? Do you even READ the Server Forums for Dalb/Gav/MD?

WE WANT 1 CONSOLIDATED APAC SERVER - NOT 0 APAC SERVERS

Why ask the community what they want if you're going to just piss all over us anyway? Have you seen how many people are unsubbing? And it's not slowing down.

The straw that broke the cammels back.

Goodbye TEHEE, NS, SNX, Synergy, Reverence, ROTJ, WOTR, Corvus, Vindication, Excession, ALBG, Autobots and SPC just to name a few dalborra guilds.

A big goodbye to IZO, SPK, Katarn, Lims, Lajeer, Vesia, Ero, Aspect, Nash and MJ'Rat.

I will miss out tripple threat commando troll in PVP and our little "Redemption are scrubs" digs with A Little Bit Gimp. I enjoyed my time in Redemption but this APAC decision is the straw the broke the cammels back.

I missed the Dalborra community playing on Khaz'goroth WOW server and will miss them again.

Unsubbed.

Keitzy / Letiek / Ennael / Leanny / Damocracy / Harvëy / Repugnant - Redemption / Redemptìon

:( I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors, man. Sad to see you go.

- Aspect.

I am so disappointed, but shamefully not surprised, by this loathesome, cretinous choice of action by Bioware AKA EA's Cash Pinata. It was overwhelmingly obvious to even the most casual of observers that combining all the servers into one AUSTRALIAN LOCATED PVE server was by far the most popular choice. Merging the populations into seperate US based servers does not solve the problem of not having people to play with, because the vast majority of natives of the destination server will NOT BE ONLINE during our PRIME PLAYTIMES. You've essentially turned our populations into graveyard shifts in the interests of shedding the maximum possible amount of financial outlay, rather than listening to the people who have continued to support you through the toughest times. A loyal community whom you supposedly "surveyed and researched" but chose to ignore, making this joke of a penny pinching choice over choosing to find a balanced and mutually beneficial result for people WHOSE PLAYTIME ACTUALLY OCCURS AT A MUTUAL TIME. The ONLY THING that APAC players stand to gain from this HORRENDOUSLY WOEFUL idea is an extra 100-200 latency. We will NOT have more people to play with, as the majority of our new "community" simply will not be online at the same time as us.

For our unwavering loyalty to you through all these hard times, we APAC players deserved better from you Bioware. But who gives a **** right? You already have our cash and pre-orders for the XPACK right? Bioware seriously sucks.

Could not have said it better myself + 1 to ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Wonder what on earth Bioware is doing. They are trying to kill themselves by making such a move. More subscribers will unsub and its over. :eek::eek::eek:

Playing with high ping is bad business for an MMO. They should work more in building more content and properly advertise in the Asia Pacific region. Large parts of Asia have not been tapped and its a failed marketing strategy on their part. Now they want us to suffer. It is really unfair. :mad:

See if this hospital and the way EA has treated its patients (Aussie servers), incorrectly treated, delayed as long as possible, deception and withholding information they would be sued for malpractice. I can't believe game companies are stilled allowed to do stuff with zero repercussions with the amount people involved and effected.

And just because they own the game doesn't mean they should be able to treat customers this way.

I am so disappointed, but shamefully not surprised, by this loathesome, cretinous choice of action by Bioware AKA EA's Cash Pinata. It was overwhelmingly obvious to even the most casual of observers that combining all the servers into one AUSTRALIAN LOCATED PVE server was by far the most popular choice. Merging the populations into seperate US based servers does not solve the problem of not having people to play with, because the vast majority of natives of the destination server will NOT BE ONLINE during our PRIME PLAYTIMES. You've essentially turned our populations into graveyard shifts in the interests of shedding the maximum possible amount of financial outlay, rather than listening to the people who have continued to support you through the toughest times. A loyal community whom you supposedly "surveyed and researched" but chose to ignore, making this joke of a penny pinching choice over choosing to find a balanced and mutually beneficial result for people WHOSE PLAYTIME ACTUALLY OCCURS AT A MUTUAL TIME. The ONLY THING that APAC players stand to gain from this HORRENDOUSLY WOEFUL idea is an extra 100-200 latency. We will NOT have more people to play with, as the majority of our new "community" simply will not be online at the same time as us.

For our unwavering loyalty to you through all these hard times, we APAC players deserved better from you Bioware. But who gives a **** right? You already have our cash and pre-orders for the XPACK right? Bioware seriously sucks.

Great point. I think you just summed up all the concerns that we have had.

One thing to note is that there is no catchall solution here.

And yet a catch all solution is exactly what you are applying.

The real problem here is the lack of a server transfer tool. With it you could have let those that wanted to transfer off to any server they like, and merged the rest into one server. Even allow free transfers from other servers back to APAC in an attempt to boost the population. ( Population balancing by use of free transfers has been well established in that other game ).

Suddenly we would have a multi-faceted solution that would probably upset far less people.

Hey everyone,

Why did we decide not to merge the three APAC servers into one large APAC server? We decided this for two main reasons. 1. The issue in doing this is that two play-styles (PvE, PvE-RP, or PvP) would need to sacrifice their desired play-style in order to have one server with a higher population. We feel that it is important that each player is allowed to continue to play SWTOR in their preferred play-style. Therefore, accommodating all the existing play-styles was a primary goal. By allowing you to move to a NA West server, you will be able to keep your play-style. 2. The move to North American servers better delivers on our ultimate goal of providing the best play experience, with the most possible players, long term.

-eric

I am not a regular poster, but I need to share my thoughts. The one thing that makes SWTOR an enjoyable MMO is that when I hit my spell whatever it may be, it actually goes off then and there. Whether I am in an OPs or PVPing having a 22ms response time is great. If I wanted to play with the typical 300ms response time I get on the US servers, I would simply not play this game.

High pings make MMO's not enjoyable and unplayable at times, as both your performance in OPS and PVP suffer, and it puts you on an unfair playing field. As such, as soon as this transfer goes live, I will be cancelling my subscription. :mad:

EDIT: I also want to had, somthing I just realised, I pre ordered the expac, can I get a refund?

Edited by liaison

I am not a regular poster, but I need to share my thoughts. The one thing that makes SWTOR an enjoyable MMO is that when I hit my spell whatever it may be, it actually goes off then and there. Whether I am in an OPs or PVPing having a 22ms response time is great. If I wanted to play with the typical 300ms response time I get on the US servers, I would simply not play this game.

High pings make MMO's not enjoyable and unplayable at times, as both your performance in OPS and PVP suffer, and it puts you on an unfair playing field. As such, as soon as this transfer goes live, I will be cancelling my subscription. :mad:

Do it before the merge so they don't get your money.

This is crap. I love this game. Setting aside all the faults this game has, it truly is one of the most entertaining games I have ever played. This game is the reason I started playing wow. I left wow to come back to this game.

If these server xfers go ahead, chances are I'll head back to wow. Sure, I might stick around long enough to check out you new expac. Then my subs are gone.

I don't understand how they can even consider this beneficial to their APAC player base.

*is confused*

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/keep-apac-servers-for-swtor-available-and-merge-them-into-1/signatures.html

Support our petition for server merges, we already have over 200 signatures

Indeed we will ! This is absurd, they want to solve the population problem but really they should solve the root cause of the problem. The root cause is the lack of publicity across Asia pacific, slow in response to bugs and slow in game content. They should recitify these things and naturally more will play this game.

cancelled, sub ends tomorrow.

to everyone thinking that we can change their mind, it took them 7 months since the start of this thread correct? it took them 2-3 months since they said "we are looking at this". as much as i hope they do, i do not see them changing their minds within 2 days.

good luck, have fun, see you guys elsewhere (Steam)

/K

And yet a catch all solution is exactly what you are applying.

The real problem here is the lack of a server transfer tool. With it you could have let those that wanted to transfer off to any server they like, and merged the rest into one server. Even allow free transfers from other servers back to APAC in an attempt to boost the population. ( Population balancing by use of free transfers has been well established in that other game ).

Suddenly we would have a multi-faceted solution that would probably upset far less people.

Yes, BW could have avoid a lot of bad publicity and trouble had they had the forethought of making such a service during beta instead of some oft the fluffy they work on instead. I'm still resentful that after months my original characters are stuck on a server I don't want to be on.

If your referring to wow free transfers. They never worked, which is why they don't bother offering them any more except when new expansion comes out. People always transfer from low pops to high populated servers. Thus, I don't think people would want to transfer to the low pop APAC servers even if they gave free transfers especially when there is no way to get off them or if you need to pay to get off.

The only real solution for BW that would had this problem be less of problem was if they had a transfer service that would let you choose which server you want to transfer. Thus, people would not feel forced onto a specific server. However, the APAC servers were doomed from a financial point, which is why they probably are closing them down. It's a business after, probably the reason hardly any mmorpg have APAC located servers.

Edited by Knockerz

I find it sad that unqualified gamers, some of which who really don't know much about technology nor pretend to, have better reasoning skills than Bioware and EA who made this decision. Honestly, when the community of gaming people is making better choices and far more logical ones than those that are supposed to be 'qualified' something is wrong.

If we wanted to play with greater populations, we would have bought the game three months earlier and played in US servers. We'd be used to them by now.

If we wanted to play with greater populations after we bought the game, we would have created our characters there rather than on Asia Pacific servers.

Instead, we made our characters on Asia Pacific Servers because we love the people there and some of us actually LIKE the quiet populations as opposed to being surrounded. I have a Guild (Run one, actually) so that we don't have to worry about queues and waits.

It's why we're a community. Clearly, Bioware/EA, you don't understand the concept of the word.

We Asia Pacific People have a friendly community, knowing each other and having great conversations without much rudeness. Tonight, I went to the Harbinger and was savaged by foreigners after informing them I was Australian. Apparently "We don't belong there." Funnily enough, We agree.

I went to The Harbinger to see what it would be like. Instantly I suffered lag when I stepped onto Korriban of all places. On Dalborra, Korriban flows as smoothly as a river, completely lag free. On the Harbinger every ten seconds or so the game would jump. I can just imagine that in an Op or Warzone...

Speaking in a majority, most players have clearly wanted to either merge all of the Asia Pacific servers together, or even just leave them as they are as opposed to this ridiculous server transfer. So why not win public favour, Bioware? Rejuvenate your game and earn the support of your subscribers and players.

If you manage to not to do this we'll be happy. Some have unsubscribed. If this is about server populations, you've actually put a dent in them rather than increase them with this idea.

We beg you, as an Asia Pacific Community, RECONSIDER. Change!