5 months for 1 week of raiding?

All we can say is that 8 man is much easier than 16, and seems intended to be.

So if you want to take a while to clear the content do it on HM 16 man instead of 8 man?

That sort of forces those of us who are in an 8 man guild to try and recruit quite a few new players...

Unless TFB is tuned before live, its taken about 6 hours of progression for 4/5 HM TFB.

Is BioWare going to be churning out content when it's F2P or are we stuck with super easy content?

How do I put this nicely.

I can't.

The average raider will probably take 2 months to get this clear. Ie the majority of subs,The average player will probably never clear it on HM till it A) gets nerfed B) is irrelevant content.

You churning through content a lot faster than bioware can create it is your problem. Yes it might not be super dooper ragnaros/Sinestra/HM LK hard, but it's not that sorta game.

EC HM is easy aside from the RNG aspects. The first night my guild went inside EC on HM we cleared 3/4 bosses, that was less than 6 hours progression, so assuming you're of a similar level to us then we're getting more than we bargained for :) Edited by OGsam

EC HM is easy aside from the RNG aspects. The first night my guild went inside EC on HM we cleared 3/4 bosses, that was less than 6 hours progression, so assuming you're of a similar level to us then we're getting more than we bargained for :)

Was that in fresh rakata with minimal augmented gear? If so nice work.

dont worry the OP is raiding with 8 people that are all at 30k hp with optimum stats

he is the epitome of awesome we all look up to his ******ness

16M. And the post wasn't meant to brag, but instead as a concern for the state of end-game raiding in this game.

No I agree, raiding SHOULD be accessible to everyone, but Nightmare modes are called Nightmare for a reason. I'm not going to sit here and tell you I've done everything in the game - I haven't.

But 6 weeks after this game launched I had 10/10 NM, Big Time title, Valour 50, Full Rakata, lots of mounts, all my vital dailies completed and the important datacrons collected.

Where was I to go from there? Now that I'm back playing the game, I don't want to find myself being bored with nothing to do in another weeks time, yeah wiping isn't THAT fun, but I'd rather still be wiping on content a month after patch release than find myself with it all done and nothing to do.

No I agree, raiding SHOULD be accessible to everyone, but Nightmare modes are called Nightmare for a reason. I'm not going to sit here and tell you I've done everything in the game - I haven't.

But 6 weeks after this game launched I had 10/10 NM, Big Time title, Valour 50, Full Rakata, lots of mounts, all my vital dailies completed and the important datacrons collected.

Where was I to go from there? Now that I'm back playing the game, I don't want to find myself being bored with nothing to do in another weeks time, yeah wiping isn't THAT fun, but I'd rather still be wiping on content a month after patch release than find myself with it all done and nothing to do.

The OP's design team for BW has already admitted that the original designs for NiM seen in the past was not up to standards. They plan to re-design both EV and KP NiM once EC NiM is complete and sets the bar for what they want as a true difficult instance. HM TFB is hard to use as a bar for level of difficulty since we still don't know what NiM is suppose to entail.

You have the choice on what you like to do between now and the release of a new nightmare mode (I'm praying for it to come mid-November). Once that comes out, feel free to make the decision on if the difficulty of this game meets your requirements.

Edited by Codek

Ever consider not reading strat guides and figuring it out for yourselves?

When I played the first time, we were server firsts for everything and even though I don't know exact rankings - pretty high up in the world rankings too I assume, so we had no guides.

Not saying this to brag, just that I enjoy this game and even though different players progress at different times for various reasons, even end game raiding in WoW isn't completed the first week it's released by the best guilds.

@ Codek - completely agree, I did take a bit of a long break from the game, doing other stuff for the past 8 months, but now there's so much changed, I want to give this game another shot.

Edited by MagnitudeZero

For what it's worth, they did buff The Dread Guard on 8-man.

I really don't think they intend for 16-man to be that much harder than 8-man. It just always works out that way when they first throw the fights up onto the PTS. They usually manage to bring them closer together by the time they go live at least.

For example, in HM EC, the difficulty levels felt pretty close (with the notable exception of Firebrand and Stormcaller, which was harder on 16-man).

Tbh I never raided 16 man, 8 man on the T1 only, NM ofc, and we used only one tank for all content. It was never hard. I healed 8 man EC story mode for the first time tonight, yeah most of my group over geared the content, but even being unfamiliar wiht the content and only given very basic explainations of the fights, I had no issues with healer (my healing done was on par with the other healer, around 1,2k hps overall, but there really isn't that much to heal there. People said story mode was equivalent to T1 NM mode raids, as the same gear drops from both, but I always felt the older content was harder, during progression when you were undergeared and buggy at least.

So soon my new guild will be testing me in Hard Mode, I expect the difficulty to be increased, but if the increase is similar to previous tiers, even hard modes I don't think I will be stretching myself too far - I am full Rakata without great augments etc, Columi main hand.

If most players are finding themselves in similar situation as me with regards to gear, experience and difficulty - then I guess I'm not such a special little snowflake after all. But obviously I am hoping that this new soon to be released operation will be an even bigger jump in difficulty if my interest in raiding is to be maintained.

Cheers.

Tbh I never raided 16 man, 8 man on the T1 only, NM ofc, and we used only one tank for all content. It was never hard. I healed 8 man EC story mode for the first time tonight, yeah most of my group over geared the content, but even being unfamiliar wiht the content and only given very basic explainations of the fights, I had no issues with healer (my healing done was on par with the other healer, around 1,2k hps overall, but there really isn't that much to heal there. People said story mode was equivalent to T1 NM mode raids, as the same gear drops from both, but I always felt the older content was harder, during progression when you were undergeared and buggy at least.

So soon my new guild will be testing me in Hard Mode, I expect the difficulty to be increased, but if the increase is similar to previous tiers, even hard modes I don't think I will be stretching myself too far - I am full Rakata without great augments etc, Columi main hand.

If most players are finding themselves in similar situation as me with regards to gear, experience and difficulty - then I guess I'm not such a special little snowflake after all. But obviously I am hoping that this new soon to be released operation will be an even bigger jump in difficulty if my interest in raiding is to be maintained.

Cheers.

You are an exception. You have mentioned yourself that you were among the first guilds to complete content upon launch. Obviously you and your guild may be a group of exceptional players who devote more time and effort to this game in comparison to others added with better handling of gameplay. But I could tell you very clearly that there are still a lot of players who still have not downed HM Kephess yet, for a lot of people the current content still challenges them and keeps them busy. I don't expect the new operation to be a walk in the park either. I expect it will keep me busy for at least 2 months ahead.

Unless TFB is tuned before live, its taken about 6 hours of progression for 4/5 HM TFB.

Is BioWare going to be churning out content when it's F2P or are we stuck with super easy content?

if you want truly challenging end game content in pve then play a pve centric game where resources are not wasted on pvp and class balancing issues resulting from such. in today's mmos the two being equal will only produce watered down content for both as challenging innovative content can not be released fast enough to satisfy both. the same goes for pvpers too.

this game doesnt nor ever will have really challenging in depth pve content that YOU desire as it is Star Wars and is targeted for a very broad player base range. it will have a little of everything geared for everyone's enjoyment and in doing so will not master any of it. the game is what it is. people need to accept it or move on.

Not saying this to brag, just that I enjoy this game and even though different players progress at different times for various reasons, even end game raiding in WoW isn't completed the first week it's released by the best guilds.

true, it's one week + 1 raid day, because you have to finish normal mode before you can do hard mode, try again.

WOW had it right, releasing new content that was near impossible on release or requiring gear from the raids to complete it. This way the hardcore raiders are happy, new raiders can still play normals, then after a month or two when people are clearing it they nerf it to make it more accessible , and by the time the next tier is coming out, everyones just about done it.

Hey, content too easy?

Get the hell out then, leave us with this content you cant stand, we will be fine without all this whining.

And EC HM being easy? Get a life people. Tell me once again that tanking EC HM is easy thing and i will laugh my bottoms out, for you obviously play wayyyyy too much or got no idea what you are talking about.

WOW had it right, releasing new content that was near impossible on release or requiring gear from the raids to complete it. This way the hardcore raiders are happy, new raiders can still play normals, then after a month or two when people are clearing it they nerf it to make it more accessible , and by the time the next tier is coming out, everyones just about done it.

Actually wow did it wrong in cata, nerfing normals drove off a large chunk of the average raiders as their kills were demeaned, Why do you think people have unsubbed enmasse a month or two after the nerfs go live? Where have all the good raiders gone? they've stopped playing. I armouried 4 of my previous guilds. 2 have been inactive since december, the other two ahve disbanded and the players I was friends with havent logged in since January.

lets be honest here by accessible you mean" i can has welfares nao?" Accessible is just another way of saying I get to see all the (purple) content.

Bioware have it right, release the content,leave it alone till new content is released then nerf if for the masses.

The only Gripe I could have about the content is two fold.

1. Theres not enough of it. 19 bosses of 3 tiers? come on!!.

2.Normals are just too easy and require a pulse and regular breathing to clear.

true, it's one week + 1 raid day, because you have to finish normal mode before you can do hard mode, try again.

Er no, DS they messed up on, because it was tuned around Rf.

Alone in the Dark? A Tribute to Mad Skill? Sinestra? Even Archimonde took ages to get down.

And then there was raids with gates that they released as staggered content so it wasn't steamrolled through too quickly, like ICC and Sunwell. So not it was VERY rarely week + 1 day..