Looking for pure Lightning build.

Talon_Starfire

• 2 weeks later...

You will be a liability to your team if you bring a full lightning build into PvP. Whenever I see someone throw thundering blast in PvP I just laugh and kill them in seconds. Full lightning in PvP is as bad as the worst commando/merc specs. So yeah....don't do that. Use either madness, which I wouldnt recommend unless you are on a good premade, or a madness/lightning hybrid for dps in PvP. That hybrid should include the bubble stun, bubble boost and electric bindings. It will give you enough survivability to make up for the damage you lose out on by not being a pure spec.

As for PvE, full lightning with the extra points going into base stats. Personally I'm not a fan of full lightning in PvE either, probably because I've never taken the time to get it down the way I would have wanted. It is the spec that theoretically puts out the most damage but if you miss a proc or don't have your rotation down it will quickly drop. Hence, I find full madness or even a hybrid to be better for PvE too, especially when it comes to solo PvE.

I prefer this.Opressing force and polarity shift just seem like a waste. I'm sometimes moving around a few points so that I can take chain lightning and lightning storm. For my heal hybrid I'm putting my last heal point in Innervate, the rest goes into survivability in the lightning tree and the willpower boost from madness.

I'm not always topping the charts, it´'s hard when you pug and your entire team gets destroyed, but I'm usually topping my team and the times I've been out dps/hps'ed by a fellow sage/sorc are few, it pretty much requires that I've been on guard duty for a couple of minutes. Had no problem with killing one of the best assassins on my server a couple of times, while single guarding, earlier today. Those were some fun fights since it was only the two of us. I will however not beat the best assassin on the server and it's going to be a stalemate against the best healers. I think the most important thing is to compare yourself to the people who are playing the same class as yourself. I can't compete with a really good mara if we're both zerging and getting healed.

Edited by Washingtoon

You will be a liability to your team if you bring a full lightning build into PvP. Whenever I see someone throw thundering blast in PvP I just laugh and kill them in seconds. Full lightning in PvP is as bad as the worst commando/merc specs. So yeah....don't do that. Use either madness, which I wouldnt recommend unless you are on a good premade, or a madness/lightning hybrid for dps in PvP. That hybrid should include the bubble stun, bubble boost and electric bindings. It will give you enough survivability to make up for the damage you lose out on by not being a pure spec.

As for PvE, full lightning with the extra points going into base stats. Personally I'm not a fan of full lightning in PvE either, probably because I've never taken the time to get it down the way I would have wanted. It is the spec that theoretically puts out the most damage but if you miss a proc or don't have your rotation down it will quickly drop. Hence, I find full madness or even a hybrid to be better for PvE too, especially when it comes to solo PvE.

Meh. With backlash, lightning isn't the death sentence it used to be. It's not good, but you can get by.

Note about polarity shift--it's a must now, not for the alacrity boost, but for the interrupt immunity. There are so few of these in the 50 bracket that people get confused when the interrupt doesn't work.

However, you should be aware that pure lighting is, by far, the weakest DPS sorc spec you can take into a warzone.

I've used this http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201ZcsbMdRrhtzZcMcM.2 when I was grinding out a second WH relic, and it was about as good as lightning's going to be.

I'd call the points in disintigration and lightning spire optional. Could otherwise go into seeping darkness and conduction.