The BattleZone Reboot Round 1 Match 11: Darth Traya vs. Darth Bane

Aurbere

Well written, but you give Traya too much speed here. She is not that fast.

I'd also like to add really quickly that Bane always surveys his surroundings and will try and back his enemies into a corner to give himself the advantage

She is fast enough to dodge lightsabers unarmed, take from that what you will.

If anyone is not going to be fooled by such a tactical maneuver, its going to be Traya. Not only was she incredibly aware but she is intelligent as well. And if her abilities in Foresight are any indication, I expect she has highely attuned skills in battle precognition as well.

But I'll leave Aurbere to decide.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She is fast enough to dodge lightsabers unarmed, take from that what you will.

If anyone is not going to be fooled by such a tactical maneuver, its going to be Traya. Not only was she incredibly aware but she is intelligent as well. And if her abilities in Foresight are any indication, I expect she has highely attuned skills in battle precognition as well.

But I'll leave Aurbere to decide.

So is bane

About the speed thing. I think they are pretty close, but I believe Bane to have a notable advantage. Deflecting torrents of rain is very impressive, imo.

However, I'm not sure how much of an impact this will have. It will impact the decision scenario, but the degree is in question.

About the speed thing. I think they are pretty close, but I believe Bane to have a notable advantage. Deflecting torrents of rain is very impressive, imo.

However, I'm not sure how much of an impact this will have. It will impact the decision scenario, but the degree is in question.

Unless Bane is fast enough to outrun lightning, its not going to be of much use. Also noting that Force assisted speed will be dampened considerably by Force drain. Also note that Bane's speed is very much a reflex thing, it doesn't necessarily mean he can cross distances with great speed.

Unless Bane is fast enough to outrun lightning, its not going to be of much use. Also noting that Force assisted speed will be dampened considerably by Force drain. Also note that Bane's speed is very much a reflex thing, it doesn't necessarily mean he can cross distances with great speed.

Trust me, I'll take all of that into account.

Bane is fast.

He could evade all of zannah's attacks despite being unarmed and poisoned, and even during their final confrontation,

Zannah noted that Bane was faster than she ever could have imagined.

The difference between bane and zannah in power is very small, as well as the difference between bane and kreia in power is also very small. Considering Zannah had a very hard time holding bane back, its safe to assume traya would also have a hard time holding him back.

Bane is too fast and too strong, his willpower and resolve too high, and his intelligent, tactical, and combat knowledgeable mind too great for Traya to simply hold him back and overpower him. He is the deadliest opponent she will have ever faced, and he will kill her. Trust me my dear boy, Bane will be the death of Traya. That old hag will finally get what she deserves. (That last line was a joke) :)

Also note that when Traya avoided all the exile's apprentices moves, she was in a dark side nexus, improving her speedand diminishing theirs. They also only fought her one at a time.

Edited by Darth_Omega

Bane is fast.

He could evade all of zannah's attacks despite being unarmed and poisoned, and even during their final confrontation,

The difference between bane and zannah in power is very small, as well as the difference between bane and kreia in power is also very small. Considering Zannah had a very hard time holding bane back, its safe to assume traya would also have a hard time holding him back.

Bane is too fast and too strong, his willpower and resolve too high, and his intelligent, tactical, and combat knowledgeable mind too great for Traya to simply hold him back and overpower him. He is the deadliest opponent she will have ever faced, and he will kill her. Trust me my dear boy, Bane will be the death of Traya. That old hag will finally get what she deserves deserves. (That last line was a joke) :)

Also note that when Traya avoided all the exile's apprentices moves, she was in a dark side nexus, improving her speedand diminishing theirs. They also only fought her one at a time.

..ma brutha from anutha mutha!!!

Regardless of anything, I'd actually congratulate Aubere for his accurate descriptions of my favorite, Bane.

I'll add simply for interest, that even before Bane was trained, he was using the force as a sniper. His reputation as a leader and especially as a "shot" was unimaginable and unbelievably epic.

Anyhow, cheers.

..ma brutha from anutha mutha!!!

Regardless of anything, I'd actually congratulate Aubere for his accurate descriptions of my favorite, Bane.

I'll add simply for interest, that even before Bane was trained, he was using the force as a sniper. His reputation as a leader and especially as a "shot" was unimaginable and unbelievably epic.

Anyhow, cheers.

I don't know if I should appreciate your approval since all these guys hate you.

But nonetheless, it is nice to see someone else who appreciates Bane, he is definatly one of my favorite characters.

I don't know if I should appreciate your approval since all these guys hate you.

But nonetheless, it is nice to see someone else who appreciates Bane, he is definatly one of my favorite characters.

I can't speak for my fellows, but I certainly don't hate him. He came on a bit strong for my liking, but that's about it.

I should be livid for his name-calling, but I'm not. Not anymore, anyway.

I can't speak for my fellows, but I certainly don't hate him. He came on a bit strong for my liking, but that's about it.

I should be livid for his name-calling, but I'm not. Not anymore, anyway.

Yeah, I don't hate him either. It just seems like most everyone here gets pretty offended by him, though.

As I have said before I think the real disparity here is their saber skills, Traya has never been known as a great duelist and she would never even pretend to call herself one, her telekinetic blades would move according to her skill, and with Bane who is a touted master and leads to some of the greatest duelists I think he will dominate her in that regard. To top all this out he is a Djem So master, what this means is once he has her and has begun dominating the duel she isn't going any where, Djem so is all about dominating the duel so once he has put her on her back foot she isn't getting enough time to summon up any force power she is just going to die, and if someone utilizing a saber staff (known for increased defense) with Soresu (known for strong defense) and was intimately familiar with Bane himself could not stave off his attack there is no way a one armed women who is not known for being a excellent duelist is going to, even with extra sabers, 4 sabers didn't help grievous against obi-wan.

I'd like to chime in here real quick. I'm horribly unfamiliar with both these combatants and will be the first to say it.

I would however, like to point out that Bane was in fact a fantastic duelist and was an extremely aggressive fighter. He pushed the used of Djem So (Strong Style) and to a lesser extent Ataru (Fast Style) in his book "Rule of Two" found in Palpatine's "Book of Sith". He also refers to the use of Juyo, and he speaks as though he is very familiar with it, I believe he is likely enough of a master at Juyo to utilize this form to its deadliest extent (barring Vaapad).

Also, Aurbere have you read the Book of Sith yet? If not you really should ;)

Bane is fast.

Bane is too fast and too strong, his willpower and resolve too high, and his intelligent, tactical, and combat knowledgeable mind too great for Traya to simply hold him back and overpower him. He is the deadliest opponent she will have ever faced, and he will kill her. Trust me my dear boy, Bane will be the death of Traya. That old hag will finally get what she deserves. (That last line was a joke) :)

The distance between Bane and Zannah is small, as is the distance between Traya and Bane. Yet Zannah was powerful enough to bring Bane down, and so will Traya. Substitute sorcery for Force drain and we have it.

We also shouldn't exaggerate the effects of the dark side nexus, as we have no idea if she was actively drawing on it or not. Neither Bane nor Zannah for example drew on the dark side nexus of Lake Nath, until the very end.

The distance between Bane and Zannah is small, as is the distance between Traya and Bane. Yet Zannah was powerful enough to bring Bane down, and so will Traya. Substitute sorcery for Force drain and we have it.

We also shouldn't exaggerate the effects of the dark side nexus, as we have no idea if she was actively drawing on it or not. Neither Bane nor Zannah for example drew on the dark side nexus of Lake Nath, until the very end.

Are you talking about their finall fight? They didnt draw off any nexus, but Zannah drew off the power of the planet to assist her in making the tendrils.