Warrior smash spec

LastWizard

I would like to know the answer!!1

Why Smash/Sweep is OP'd?

1. Players now have the ability to rotate between 2/3 talents to proc the sigularity/shockwave (25%) buff.

2. The 30% crit bonus talent (=100%+ Surge ratings!).

3. Force critical ratings for most players are in the neighborhood on 40%+ already (thus nullifying the "auto-crit" ability somewhat) .

4. Sweep/Smash has one of the strongest BASE attack ratings in the game.

5. AUTO-CRIT

6. Can be talented to lower CD's than similar attacks (like Sage/Sorc FiB/DF).

7. AoE increases likelihood of a crit hit, even w/o the auto crit proc.

The second leap is much more valuable as a root (guaranteed smash/sweep hit). As long as the singularity/shockwave proc is active, smash away...

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4.No bubble absorbs 7k.

I'm a Sent with mix of standard WH and BM gear (augmented), 5K sweeps are the norm for me. I've seen plenty that were partially or fully absorbed.

Edited by RAVM

I'm a Sent with mix of standard WH and BM gear (augmented), 5K sweeps are the norm for me. I've seen plenty that were partially or fully absorbed.

It says absorbed but sometimes a faction of the attack gets through.. It aborbs about 4K on a Fully geared WH...

no they are not aluvi. Strongest 1v1 yes. Great for teamplay when guarding nodes/etc.? yes. But if you want to be a true pvp dmg dealer then tankasin in dps gear are decently high consistent dmg which is not what you want for a pvp dmg dealer (but since consistent can top the chart). Now because of the large gear gap if you are a fully optimized one you will destroy lesser geared people pretty fast so you may feel like it is a burst class but it is not.

Now I am not saying there isn't a place for a tankasin in dps gear because they are a great pvp class just its not the same type of great that smash spec is (pvp burst dmg).

The smash spec for warriors has taken over(at least on my server) and quite frankly I'm tired of this spec. No matter how I change my gear, kite, and use my force shroud,(assassin main) I'm still getting hit for 6-7k damage. Giving automatic AoE criticals isn't at all fair for other classes. I'm in full war hero gear and another player in bm/recruit hit me for 5k. If I don't have force shroud up, and the other player is half way decent, I'm most likely going to die, in a straight up fight it is very difficult for an assassin to beat a warrior. I just think the critical damage should be lowered. Hitting people for 1/3 of their health im one shot is ridiculous. I hate complaining but in wz's warriors/knights are really the only thing that slows me down. Anybody else think it's balanced? Or am I just lacking a lot of skill here?

OP dont bother it will fall on deaf ears, BW strongly favors any glowstick carring class there is. no class out there has that kind of high aoe damage. dont forget the god mode maras as well. there have been hundreds if not thousands of threads on this subject and not one has been listened to or taken to heart by BW.

I'm always surprised about all this complaining. Every class has a counter one. Sentinels/Marauders and Gunslingers/Snipers deal the most damage because their class is meant to do that. I think people need to learn how to roll play. If one chooses to be a tank they can't pretend to deal much damage but they will have high resistance and CC. In the Knight/Warrior class Focus/Rage spec case it's a matter of choice, once again. We get the super Smash and basically that's it! It's not that Force Scream or Crush deal tons of damage. And as far as melee classes go, realistically speaking, two lightsabers up the *** would hurt a lot don't you think? Ranged classes have their advantages too, just learn how to use them. What do you want? An Assassin in tank mode with heavy armor and self-heals?! No, forget it. There is no FOTM class, it's just the person behind the screen that makes a difference. If I know my class I know what is best for it. I would never use my Operative in a group fight because I would be useless. Instead I take down single targets because that's what the class is for. I presume too many players want their class to be omnipotent in every aspect. In MMOs it doesn't work that way, deal with it. :)

I love my Marauder but if I'm stunned and don't have my DCD up I'll die pretty fast, but that's how it's supposed to be, as with every other class, each one has it's defects. If I find an Assassin I use Ravage and use other abilities that are not Force related, simple as that. All I can say is that the Juggernaut suffers more on this aspect because it has less overall melee damage, but when I had a Juggernaut I would always beat a Sorcerer hands down instead.

I could go on for a while but you've got the point.

i play a jugg and i HOPE BW completely removes this spec from the game(or nerf it to the ground)

i refuse to play a 3 button " no skill required" spec (and vengence doesnt perform that badly either anyway)

its boring and unskilled.

my solution: NErf the base damage of smash by ALOT...and BUFF the force scream damage by alot. This way Smash spec would become mroe balanced and vengence more viable.

I'm always surprised about all this complaining. Every class has a counter one. Sentinels/Marauders and Gunslingers/Snipers deal the most damage because their class is meant to do that. I think people need to learn how to roll play. If one chooses to be a tank they can't pretend to deal much damage but they will have high resistance and CC. In the Knight/Warrior class Focus/Rage spec case it's a matter of choice, once again. We get the super Smash and basically that's it! It's not that Force Scream or Crush deal tons of damage. And as far as melee classes go, realistically speaking, two lightsabers up the *** would hurt a lot don't you think?

This is what PVPers have been doing wrong all along. PvPing instead of RPing. Glad we go that cleared up.

Here is my solution to balancing rage spec: nerf asassins. :D Less poweful stealthers will allow for more snipers which can easily destroy rage spec classes. MM talented right can whipe the floor with lolsmashers. It can reach up to 90% damage reduction against smash (60% entrench + 30% ballistic dampers). They have a plethora of tools to deal with them. Edited by NoTomorrow

Here is my solution to balancing rage spec: nerf asassins. :D Less poweful stealthers will allow for more snipers which destroy rage spec classes.

Operatives are a bigger pain than Sins on my sniper tbh. You know what else destroys rage/sweep? Tanks/anybody with a taunt that has a brain and knows how to use it. That's a whole other topic though :rolleyes:

But as long as people cry about Warriors, it leaves me alone to sit in the corner with my bunker and pop somebody with 4k snipes/ 5k follow-throughs/ 6k ambushes. My burst is higher on my sniper than my fully min/maxed Marauder but hey, I'll take it because I do love my BOOM HEADSHOTS!!!

Operatives are a bigger pain than Sins on my sniper tbh. You know what else destroys rage/sweep? Tanks/anybody with a taunt that has a brain and knows how to use it. That's a whole other topic though :rolleyes:

But as long as people cry about Warriors, it leaves me alone to sit in the corner with my bunker and pop somebody with 4k snipes/ 5k follow-throughs/ 6k ambushes. My burst is higher on my sniper than my fully min/maxed Marauder but hey, I'll take it because I do love my BOOM HEADSHOTS!!!

Ill tell you what is the secret with concealment: they only seem effectve when the rest of their team is incredibly good. They can capitalize only when the rest of your team is busy with their team mates.

Op healers are another story however. This class is incredibly easy to survive with in pvp. No cooldown for 30% free surgical probes is plain broken.

i play a jugg and i HOPE BW completely removes this spec from the game(or nerf it to the ground)

i refuse to play a 3 button " no skill required" spec (and vengence doesnt perform that badly either anyway)

my solution: NErf the base damage of smash by ALOT...and BUFF the force scream damage by alot. This way Smash spec would become mroe balanced and vengence more viable.

Why would a nerf to rage help vengeance? They already nerfed vengeance too much for it to be viable. Rage didn't even get a damage boost, so idk why all of these people are whining about it as if its such a big deal. If its so boring, then don't play it. Simple as that.

I played also vengeance and thats same no skill required ... the whole game is easy, why you complain? try pyrotech, its much easier than rage jugg, or dps sorcerer, insta lforce lightning, every class is easy ...

what is hard is to have good results, how many smashers did over milion dmg or 1200 damage per second?

good sniper never loose against smasher 1vs 1, same assasin and operative ...

what is problem in game imao is stunlocks and grenades thats all ... and if they decrease smash dmg and increase some other warriors abilities, it could improve skill required, i agree ...

People (usually sent/maras) say L2P or "there are counter classes" and say that the Sniper/Gunslingers do high damage too.

The problem is that snipers do high 1v1 damage and moderate AoE damage (over time). Whereas the Marauders do high AoE damage instantly and high 1v1 damage up close. The Marauders need to be redesigned back to 1v1 killers.

I really don't mind when a Marauder gets in my face and kills me 1v1,that's their point, they should be the melee glass cannon that hacks you to bits when they get close. When they can leap to an entire team and demolish all of them at once it becomes OP. As a melee class it should be the powerful swing of their lightsaber that should be feared, not their long range jumping.

Change Marauders and Sentinels back to the melee version of the sniper as a counter class should be.

Edited by Kerensk

The entire premise that an AoE ability should auto-crit and hit for this much is simply broken.

Remember the last time a class could hit for 8-9k in a single hit? It was operatives, almost a year ago. And that was single target, and using warzone and biochem adrenals that increased flat damage + power.

Current champs, Rage specs, hit that without any adrenals and do so in an AoE to up to 5 targets.

I really don't understand what else there is to discuss about this topic.

The entire premise that an AoE ability should auto-crit and hit for this much is simply broken.

Remember the last time a class could hit for 8-9k in a single hit? It was operatives, almost a year ago. And that was single target, and using warzone and biochem adrenals that increased flat damage + power.

Current champs, Rage specs, hit that without any adrenals and do so in an AoE to up to 5 targets.

I really don't understand what else there is to discuss about this topic.

Only difference is that back then an Operative had the power to kill you while you where still knocked downed, and even if you did manage to survive that they had more then enough stuns on short cool downs to keep you in check. Also they had heals and stealth, back then you had under 14k HP...