PvP sucks, it's time to leave and go back to WoW

RCducks

I absolutely love the PVP in this game, especially considering it just released, can only get better from here on out.

People leaving over how "horrible" the PVP are the type that won't even be pleased. Will at least stop some of these threads from popping up later. Bye!

Im giving SWTOR another month. Thats more then enough time for Bioware to show which direction they want this game to go in.

If they wont bother fixing simple things like animations interfering with abilitys, lagg, ranged constantly shooting through walls etc etc and instead focus on more WZs/more Quests ill definitly go back to WoW.

amen to that

Such high hopes for this game, PvP totally bombs, not fun at all. Being a newly released game is no excuse, they had time to look at every single other MMO, take what's bad and keep it out, take what's good and use it, and maybe even improve on it. All the resources they had, all the time they had to develope this game, and this is it? It's a shame, yet another so called WoW killer bites the dust, this game will go nowhere.

Ya, your right, being a new game with incredibly fun PvP and actual creative PvP is no excuse. In fact, I'm NOT going to play WoW because our paragon of PvP released with 0 PvP and still doesn't properly support it to this day. So I'll just keep playing this.

Edit: Also for those of you who haven't, you should go read the ama that was posted on reddit today, you can find the link on Darth Hater... It pretty much goes over everything people are worried about and gives a great view on where this game is going.

At least Bioware doesn't constantly say "working as intended" with clearly broken mechanics and than later on patch them and say they "fixed" it.

Edited by Elaithe

Such high hopes for this game, PvP totally bombs, not fun at all. Being a newly released game is no excuse, they had time to look at every single other MMO, take what's bad and keep it out, take what's good and use it, and maybe even improve on it. All the resources they had, all the time they had to develope this game, and this is it? It's a shame, yet another so called WoW killer bites the dust, this game will go nowhere.

Can I haz ur stuff ?

Nowhere in your post do you even attempt to indicate why pvp sucks? 7 year wow veteran here who will never go back, you did give me a good laugh however when you said pvp sucks...going back to wow. The pvp imbalance in wow(Cata) is the worst i've seen in any game for years. Not to mention rehashed battlegrounds & epeen arena, pvpers get the raw carrot in wow but be my guest.

I am really disappointed in the lag issues and lack of opimization for streaming data when multiple players are present. I am also disappointed in the lack of true DR, the Resolve mechanic is utterly abysmal - a true example of an idea that was good on paper but completely sucks in actuality.

Other than that, I really enjoy the warzones, especially huttball - something that I, personally, thought would be completely lame. It's actually quite fun.

That said, huttball can be extremely bad, such as passing to a player on a 2nd story platform and an enemy UNDER them intercepts it somehow (elevation bug). The global delay and constant knockbacks from the entire sith team are also discouraging.

I guess I have to wrap up my input: it'll get better before it gets worse, but it's definitely not very good right now. Enjoyable at times, extremely frustrating at others (e.g you press your interrupt key and it delays, going off after the enemy finishes their cast). In fact, it's more of the latter.