The Grief Adventures!

Psirebral

I'm 100% expecting for there to be some serious hate on this, and I can't wait to see it and maybe the server will even learn to PvP and not play care bear squad when it comes to the contested area pvp dailies. Let me make this clear, if we see a line, we will do everything in our power to destroy it. Simple as that.

http://youtu.be/ype159snRRM

--------------------------------UPDATE-----------------------------------

Part 2

Not the best footage and I plan to cut up all the recorded video into 5-8 minute vids with some bad editing thrown in.

Edited by Psirebral

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I need to validate myself by beating up on people who I outgear and outskill."

If this "PvP" quest required PvP to complete, I wouldn't bat an eye. As it stands, I really see no reason to mess with people in the PvP zone. I get that PvP is supposed to happen in the PvP zone, but I am not a douche just to be one because the rules allow me to.

I never killed lowbies when I played on PvP servers in other games. I just don't grief because it does nothing for me to beat up on someone who can't defend themselves.

"I need to validate myself by beating up on people who I outgear and outskill."

If this "PvP" quest required PvP to complete, I wouldn't bat an eye. As it stands, I really see no reason to mess with people in the PvP zone. I get that PvP is supposed to happen in the PvP zone, but I am not a douche just to be one because the rules allow me to.

I never killed lowbies when I played on PvP servers in other games. I just don't grief because it does nothing for me to beat up on someone who can't defend themselves.

Roflmfao lolwut

I'm ****in glad to see this line ******** destroyed, keep up the good work

Just my opinion but they are encouraging you to PvP by creating this area and these quests in this area. And if someone is wrecking the line (one of my favorite things to do >:) then yeah it pretty much does require you to PvP to complete the quest. It doesn't reward you with anything but rep, so if you don't want to do it you don't have to. Alternatively the PvPers don't have to go do the Ops or kill the World Bosses. They created ways for both types of players to enjoy the event.

And one of the best times I've had since I transferred to this server had been trading blows with <It Burns When I PvP> in that event area. Thanks for putting up a fight guys!

Im not a fan of the lines.

Regardless if PvP is required to complete the mission or not, if you are in the FFA pvp area, expect pvp.

I also am not a griefer, so If someones clearly not into fighting i leave them alone outside the middle area, but seeing people line up to complete a pvp quest, when they arent even interested in pvp...kind of annoys me. It rewards WZ comms for gods sake...kind of a clue that some pvp might be involved.

I do find the line in illum pretty funny, but when you think about it most of the people doing this quest are not doing it to pvp, they only want the rep with the gree for the event from the quests.

Turns out we are not a pvp server so the majority of players do not enjoy pvp.

As far as goof troop goes if they really were good they would be on a pvp server and not here. Being a really good pvp guild on a pve server is like being the smartest third grader at a special needs school.

I enjoy casual pvp and do join quite a few wz's but i do so for a break from raiding, not for a way of game play.

Just my 2cents on the situation

I do find the line in illum pretty funny, but when you think about it most of the people doing this quest are not doing it to pvp, they only want the rep with the gree for the event from the quests.

As far as goof troop goes if they really were good they would be on a pvp server and not here. Being a really good pvp guild on a pve server is like being the smartest third grader at a special needs school.

I enjoy casual pvp and do join quite a few wz's but i do so for a break from raiding, not for a way of game play.

This is such malarkey. You don't have to be on a PvP server to be good at PvP.

Didn't say you couldn't be good at it, anyone can be good at it. Just loses any glory when you are not on a pvp server full of serious contenders. Which is what makes my previous statement true and accurate.

The PvP aspect of a PvP server deals mainly with open world PvP not war zones. I think goof, full resolve, asçendency , lukewarm, adroit, and probably even covenant could compete quite week with those from other PvP servers.

I joined a pve server because I wanted to focus on leveling. Now I an getting into PvP and it is quite fun. People can change how they want to play. And if bio ware would allow server transfers I bet some from these guilds would go to a PvP server.

It has been said many times and I will repeat it once again. IF YOU DON'T WANT TO PVP, DON'T GO IN THE PVP AREA. This may be a PvE server, but that is a designated PvP zone, where PvP is meant to take place. I personally don't want to PvP when I grind out rep, so I don't go do those quests and never set foot in that zone. I try like hell to never set foot in Outlaws den. The occasions I do feel like doing some PvP, I will either duel with friends or queue up for warzones. Stop ************ about people who are playing the game the way it was meant to be played. I actually enjoyed watching this video because it showed people having fun playing the game. Granted... the ones dying may not have been having fun, but they have a choice to not be there. It isn't like those two quests are going to make or break their rep grind.

Facts are facts and that is all I am pointing out, get mad, laugh, or ignore it. Doesn't change a thing.

This video was funny indeed, but I see it funny on a different level, and that level is how sad the people who made it must be. It boils down to a study of psychology, human nature amuses me and pushing buttons to watch the chain reaction is the level of fun I enjoy.

As far as the top pvp guilds transferring to a pvp server, that is honestly a coin toss and they know it, maybe they would do good, but most likely they would come back here running.

Love the CAPS by the way, you really made your point, whew I am glad you got that out

The PvP aspect of a PvP server deals mainly with open world PvP not war zones. I think goof, full resolve, asçendency , lukewarm, adroit, and probably even covenant could compete quite week with those from other PvP servers.

I joined a pve server because I wanted to focus on leveling. Now I an getting into PvP and it is quite fun. People can change how they want to play. And if bio ware would allow server transfers I bet some from these guilds would go to a PvP server.

I agree that one needn't be on a PvP server to exhibit PvP acumen, however I disagree that most people would switch to a PvP server if given the chance. As you said, the only real difference is the constant threat of interruption/ganking when you are trying to complete an objective that has nothing to do with PvP, by people who extol that behavior for no other reason than Bioware has provided an environment where it is possible; who wants that?

Oh wait... :rak_03:

Facts are facts and that is all I am pointing out, get mad, laugh, or ignore it. Doesn't change a thing.

This video was funny indeed, but I see it funny on a different level, and that level is how sad the people who made it must be. It boils down to a study of psychology, human nature amuses me and pushing buttons to watch the chain reaction is the level of fun I enjoy.

As far as the top pvp guilds transferring to a pvp server, that is honestly a coin toss and they know it, maybe they would do good, but most likely they would come back here running.

Love the CAPS by the way, you really made your point, whew I am glad you got that out

I'm pretty sure you are just stating your opinion, and calling it fact. Which as a self-proclaimed "fan" of psychology, you should recognize as another all too common aspect of human nature.

Oh I do indeed.

My point here is most of the people going into the pvp area of illum wouldn't be doing so if it wasn't for this event.

The groups of people doing this to others not even interested in pvp or in pvp gear is kind of like stealing candy from a baby don't ya think?

I enjoy pvp as well on a casual level and when I enter warzones I fully know that I will kill and be killed, it is part of the fun, but that does not change the fact that all games have people that enjoy to go out of their way to mess with people that they know are not on the same level. That is kind of sad on the video makers part not the ones trying to complete a quest, no matter where it is.

That is indeed fact and if you do not agree please provide your five points.

I get so tired of this broken logic.

There are any number of reasons why pvpers might end up on a pve server.

1. They didn't consider themselves to be pvpers when they got to this server, and didn't feel like re leveling legacy and toons once they began to like pvp. In fact there is next to no difference between the server types. Ilum was always a pvp zone and you could expect to be killed if you went there. Side note to this on the pvp servers there were SS's posted that showed even bigger lines than ones we had. You don't think there's a reason why BW funneled one whole quest objective into 1 spot in a FFA zone. To ignore this and line up is technically going against the specific design of the game and verges on exploiting. You're supposed to fight over that cap, or find a clever way to cap. Alliances will form true, but you never know when someone will come crashing in and if they do Kill Them. 15 people can kill 6 Goofs, just saying.

2. They have friends that they PVE with that insist on a PVE server. I always wonder if people on pvp servers ***** at people raiding or questing, OMG IF YOU WANT TO RAID GO TO A PVE SERVER, TRYING TO COMPLETE A QUEST?!!!! THIS IS A PVP SERVER IDIOT, WE DON'T TOUCH NPC'S.

3. They want the Option to be able to quest unimpeded (although truthfully this game separates factions so much that the only open world PVP happens in designated zones, furthering the point that the 2 server types are basically identical).

4. They are terrible jerk face griefers that aren't good enough to hang on a PVP server and are on a PVE server specifically to harvest tears from poor helpless kind hearted PVE players (what most people seem to be implying) which even if it were true, CAN ONLY HAPPEN WHEN YOU FLAG YOURSELF BY STEPPING INTO A CLEARLY MARKED PVP ZONE.

If you want to blame anyone, blame Bioware.

LOL Good Vid Psi :) like always.

On a side note though, the event is almost over and people are still complaining about it being Free For All?

I love that people complain about the game working the way it was meant to be.

You'd think they'd learn not to flag themselves and save their breath for the millionth time.

Either L2P or ****.

I agree that one needn't be on a PvP server to exhibit PvP acumen, however I disagree that most people would switch to a PvP server if given the chance. As you said, the only real difference is the constant threat of interruption/ganking when you are trying to complete an objective that has nothing to do with PvP, by people who extol that behavior for no other reason than Bioware has provided an environment where it is possible; who wants that?

Oh wait... :rak_03:

I didnt say most, I said some.

And my caps for PvP were because i was typing on my phone, and it autocorrects pvp to PvP but does nothing with pve.. Oh well

Oh I do indeed.

My point here is most of the people going into the pvp area of illum wouldn't be doing so if it wasn't for this event.

The groups of people doing this to others not even interested in pvp or in pvp gear is kind of like stealing candy from a baby don't ya think?

I enjoy pvp as well on a casual level and when I enter warzones I fully know that I will kill and be killed, it is part of the fun, but that does not change the fact that all games have people that enjoy to go out of their way to mess with people that they know are not on the same level. That is kind of sad on the video makers part not the ones trying to complete a quest, no matter where it is.

That is indeed fact and if you do not agree please provide your five points.

Fact is unarguable truth with evidence to back it up. You've stated an OPINION. Semantics.. I know, I know, but obviously, one can discern from this post that:

UMADBRO

lmfao quite the opposite, I haven't even had this happen to me. I am just stating the obvious and stirring the pot for responses from people like yourself.

I do wonder how someone can start out using a word such as semantics then end with the all too standard umadbro, did you have someone helping you respond but then they walked away?

lmfao quite the opposite, I haven't even had this happen to me. I am just stating the obvious and stirring the pot for responses from people like yourself.

I do wonder how someone can start out using a word such as semantics then end with the all too standard umadbro, did you have someone helping you respond but then they walked away?

I love it when people make nonsense statements, and then fashion themselves "master manipulators" when they receive an abundance of negative responses.

If the ability to garner negative attention is indicative of the ease by which the rest of us are strung along like puppets, then my hat is off to you. You, and 3 year old children that scream and cry in the grocery store.

and yet you felt the need to respond, thank you for your contribution

And I will continue to do so, as it is the imperative of the forum poster, to make posts, on a forum. And presumably you will continue to misconstrue people's willingness to post on forums, as some ability you have to compel those posts. And for your next trick you will go to a football game and brag to those around you about how you can make everyone cheer...