Unlocked Crew Skill Missions

Aubrac

• 1 month later...
Yes, very lame. I made the mistake of buying a couple of these from the GTN. Very stupid on my part. I feel conned. Blew 25k on each. Guess I should have researched them before spending the coin. DON'T BUY THEM! If they came back once every 24 hours they might be worth it, but as is....bleh!

Well, I guess it depends. I buy the 340 scavenging missions at 15k to 20k each since I get back 25 x 2 for metals/compounds and that's worth more than the mission price + the cost of the mission.

However, 25 to 40k for a mission.... no thanks.

Swijr

Even worse i can tell you, if you dont use it direct it gose away.

First one i got i clicked but didnt get were it was so i cursed why i didnt get a "quest" then i got one more and pressed it and then by acsident i saw ooo it is in the crafting list that misson popsup so i send my companin and then looked for the otherone but no luck it was gone.

First one i got i clicked but didnt get were it was so i cursed why i didnt get a "quest" then i got one more and pressed it and then by acsident i saw ooo it is in the crafting list that misson popsup so i send my companin and then looked for the otherone but no luck it was gone.

you cant use 2 of the same mission, it tells you that you already know that schematic.

While I can't explain what you saw, I'll guarantee that you're wrong about the "use it or lose it" nature of the missions.

I've been parked on a dark side diplomacy mission for weeks. I wish I could just make the blasted thing go away by outwaiting it.

Well, I guess it depends. I buy the 340 scavenging missions at 15k to 20k each since I get back 25 x 2 for metals/compounds and that's worth more than the mission price + the cost of the mission.

However, 25 to 40k for a mission.... no thanks.

Swijr

oddly i agree with you BUT they have made this the only way atm you can gain on slicing since they keep nerfing the lock box amounts and there are very few drops of cybertech schemes and mission objects

a few people have gotten away with selling mission objectives to "new" players with huge amounts and then this is believed to be the norm (it will only take a little before people start to figure out they are getting ripped off)

i have one character prior to the renerfed nerf to slicing drops with 15 340 purple investigation mission items that i couldn't give away let alone sell on one server.

bottom line for me i cancelled the game today after dealing with rude people who were determined that slicing if turned up at all was a license to "print money".

just to mention IF you want to print money you can usually gain a minimum of 8x the mission value as a minimum number reselling underworld trading metals .. and you should average a lot of metal compared to getting the magical mission/scheme drops from slicing now.

crafting is a mess as underworld metal feeds 3 creation crafts while all the rest feed only 1 <you can't sell the extras of this type> and slicng fits in either the space for missions and gathering but really doesn't make that much unless used as a gathering skill and then you also usually have to buy the underworld metals again.

you cant use 2 of the same mission, it tells you that you already know that schematic.

This is 100% NOT true... unless you are trying to use them both at the same time before you send any companions. I run CONSTANT treasure hunting missions. You use the item -> send companion immediately -> use same item -> send companion immediately -> ect. ad nauseum.

Edit: There IS a bug doing this tho. If you log out and let the missions run off line, when you log in both missions will show they returned identical items, even tho they may not. Which is to say both accept screens will look IDENTICAL no matter what, but they are not. If the first companion to return fails, the second will ALSO say it fails... but you WILL get the items they returned with (you can see it in chat and your inventory)

Edited by Blaac