+3 Cunning - worth driving myself crazy for?

Stressfire

So, I spent about an hour last night leaping around rooftops and drainpipes in Mos Ila last night trying to get to the +3 Cunning datacron there (the long way, because someone put a rock in front of the easy way) and consistently failing to the point that I finally just gave up and kicked myself for spending so much time on it.

But as tends to happen, not being able to get it is irritating as well.

I may try again, but my question for those of you with more of a mind to game mechanics is: Am I really going to miss 3 cunning points? Are they likely to make a world of difference?

Two ways to look at it.

Will 3 Cunning make much difference at 50 (or 55)? Probably not.

But if you don't go for that 3 cunning, why would you go for any of the other little 3ish cunning increases? Which together add up to a lot of cunning.

I helped someone get this last time I went through, took about an hour (they kept falling off). I'd say it's worth doing. You get the little cunning boost, training in controlling your toon, but mainly the satisfaction of knowing you succeeded.

And if it's really a problem for you, find an agile PT or inquisitor friend who can jump there and haul you up from the ground - lateral thinking and teamwork wins where brute force fails.

Edited by Wainamoinen

Datacrons can be frustrating....I usually feel happy once I figure out how to get them, though. The Mos Ila was by far not the most frustrating one I went after. :p +3 isn't much, but I think there's about +40 all stacked together if you get them all, which does make a difference.

Well, I have Friday off work so I may devote some more time to it then. I suppose I got a bit spoiled by the previous planets where finding the datacrons was more finding and less jumping around nimbly-bimbly from roof to roof to gutter.

As long as I have a thread on this anyways - is there still one in Anchorhead as well? Is it accessible to Empire players without essentially rez-walking all the way to it, getting offed by NPCs the whole way? For the record, unless something changed from the videos on getting to it, it sure looks a lot easier to get to

I hate getting datacrons, I wish they would have a device you could buy, even if it was 1million credits, or 500 daily coms, that you could use to pull yourself to a datacron. Wonder if someday one of the business types will offer this on the cartel

I really enjoyed getting to this datacron. I used a website that showed a picture guide on how to get them all, and with that I managed to get it first time. That said, without sounding like an ***, I consider myself a pretty good 'jumper' in this game.

I enjoy getting to those hard to reach places. This datacron will challenge you, but it is not impossible.

I really enjoyed getting to this datacron. I used a website that showed a picture guide on how to get them all, and with that I managed to get it first time. That said, without sounding like an ***, I consider myself a pretty good 'jumper' in this game.

I enjoy getting to those hard to reach places. This datacron will challenge you, but it is not impossible.

I was never that good at even Mario-style jumping:o

But you sure are right about the challenge. I know its possible to do with enough time devoted, but what can I say, I'd rather be questing or running FPs. I did try some more the other evening, kept falling at the same spot, that damned right angled pipe after the scaffolding.

If you're having trouble jumping, try rebinding Jump to one of your mouse buttons, I use the center. It makes a world of difference, feels more like jumping around in a Mario game. This can be changed back if you need the button for something else during normal play, but if you can keep it that way, it also helps a lot in Huttball. Datacrons got 100% easier after I changed my controls.

Try turning sprint off on some off the jumps. Sprint tends to over shoot you on some of the tighter jumps. The pipes after you jump from the bridge, when you are on the middle turn of sprint to make the last jump.

Never thought of that. Will have to try it

By the way, still haven't gotten it, *sigh*

Key to datacron jumping is mastering the stationnary max-distance jump.

Basically space-> forward.

No run, no risk of mistiming the jump. You stop trying to take off like an airplane, and manage some very accurate jumps.

Train on a flat surface (I did it on my ship so people don't see you playing grasshopper) and you'll get the hang of it in no time. After that, jumping from pipe to pipe is a breeze.

• 2 weeks later...