Can my friend download TOR?

Anysao

Not a new player, but he is! Anyways, he really wants to get the old republic, so he got a netbook. However, it doesn't have a disc slot. Does anyone know if he can just buy a download for it? He really wants the game.

Thanks!

Yes, he can download it directly. However, the odds are very much against his being able to PLAY the game. A netbook is almost certainly going to be too slow to play on.

Minimum settings should handle it.

If it does it still won't be very good, netbooks don't tend to have dedicated graphics cards which is really going to be a deal breaker for this game because most of the time the intel integrated just won't cut it

however in answer to your original question yes you can download the client off the website

Minimum settings should handle it.

unless you ment 'notebook' not 'netbook' then yes, i've been playing on laptop for few months, and lowest settings were good (high shader, since low makes eyes bleed)

If you ment 'netbook' , well, they are usualy 1gb ram, no graph card, firefox generates heat, and their processor is.... energy saving..

if you did ment netbook, save your friend 15 gig download.

Hardware aside, your buddy can download the game (and you can too, if you ever need to reinstall but have lost the disc.)

He'll need to create an account first, but then he'll find the download link on the "My SWTOR" account management page on this site.

Edited by Otembe

Oh. Ok, he must be confused, it's probably a notebook then. I don't use them, so I didn't know the difference. Alright, can someone explain what he must do to download it? He currently has the up to level 15 trial, but yet to actually use it.

Worst case scenario, he can always get a refund on his Net/notebook.

Oh. Ok, he must be confused, it's probably a notebook then. I don't use them, so I didn't know the difference. Alright, can someone explain what he must do to download it? He currently has the up to level 15 trial, but yet to actually use it.

Worst case scenario, he can always get a refund on his Net/notebook.

If he already has the trial, he should probably just start with that & see if it works. If the free trials still work the way they did when I started, you still have to create an account (just without a payment method) & download the game. The game is limited to level 15, but you're still playing everything that's available until that level.

If he already has the trial, he should probably just start with that & see if it works. If the free trials still work the way they did when I started, you still have to create an account (just without a payment method) & download the game. The game is limited to level 15, but you're still playing everything that's available until that level.

Alright, he has no problem paying the subscription, I just need to know if he could actually play the game. We will try the trial.

PS- I love your signature.