Recent influx of WZ bads

DionPhaneuf

Me, I'll keep hanging out with them...for the most part, they are fun people to run WZ's with....except when you get that one guy who yells and stomps his feet while calling everyone bads....yes, that same guy sitting at the bottom of the medals list who only got 3 medals. :eek:

I love that guy. I enjoy pointing out the mistakes he/she made in the WZ and have them continue to rage back that everyone else, especially me, are terribads.

Last time this happened, it was an scoundrel in CW who happened to lose a node and didnt call for help. I didnt say anything at that time but after he called everyone horrible, I threw that out + some things about not being able to mez + having their keyboard stunned, you know, the usual troll stuff. he came back with Im the worst shadow dps on the server. I laughed at that since for that wz, my shadow was not only in full tank spec but in full tank gear (i know, shocking lol). After that, I had a great time going to town on him lol.

Edited by ForsakenKing

As of late I've been running reg wzs religiously - I'm starting to remember names and legacies I 'want' and 'do not want' to pvp with.

Also I keep seeing the same sweepers on Pub side in premades. Playing the flavour of the month spec does not make you a good player; especially if your whole team is sweep spec except for 2 or 3 healers... I'm getting tired of those people trying to trash talk my Pug teams... Like seriously.

Lol this is kind of a funny thread but it's true. Idk how pub side is but not only the number of bad players but also the number of trash talking "pro wannabes" has seemed to have gotten out of hand as well. I think most people just do wzs for comms but then there's people who sometimes I wonder if they q just to troll or start crap. The majority of people I have on my ignore list I think are from pug wzs. Ziriano and Fightlol to name a few are probably some of the most immature and least skilled players I've came across if you find yourself in a group with them you're better off just re q'ing. Same with Gohuttball although he's not that bad at his class.

Some people just need to learn to get a subscription and save their bs talk for the opposing faction not their own team mates. Overall I think I'd rather have a pub or f2p player on my team then some people because we were all new to this game at one point and some of those recruit geared players or "bads" could turn out to be pretty good in the future granted as long as they know or learn how to play their class well, get better gear, and don't get involved in the silly little "I'm the best suck it" games that seem to be occurring in wzs more often which both looks bad for their guilds and doesn't even make the community look good.

Let's be honest Mez, you arent too great yourself. Whenever i am on my pubs and we beat you right after the match you say 1v1 me kid without your pocket heals- when in fact i solo queue most of the time and you almost always run in a premade with healers. Not only that, but you just lack ability to do anything other than smash. SO GET AT ME BRAH AND GET ON MURRRR LEVEL

I have noticed a balance shift too, especially huttball for some reason. Not just headless-chicken undergeared imps, but pubs who actually play decent huttball.

There are a lot of bad players on this server on both sides, anyway. For evidence, i cite my soaring win ratio whenever I group up with my rather mediocre guildmates.

Thankfully, it's been a handful of days since anyone pulled the "I capped grass but I'm too awesome to guard it, so someone else come guard it, kthxbai." :::seconds later grass is capped by imps:::

I got called a bad player for not taking east at the start of a nc when they sent 4 players right off the bat. After I called 4 inc and stalled as long as possible it was lost...my team was not able to cap south 4v7 and it was all my fault.

I got called a bad player for not taking east at the start of a nc when they sent 4 players right off the bat. After I called 4 inc and stalled as long as possible it was lost...my team was not able to cap south 4v7 and it was all my fault.

If it matters, you are not a bad player to me.

Yesterday I gently suggested to some of my teammates (none of whom were able to break 100k dmg or healing in a CW) that they make a guild called "Pub Scrub Club" and all join it. It went over really well (I got a LOT of great constructive criticism), and I would recommend that imps try a similar approach. Maybe call it "Imp Gimp Wimps". Just a suggestion so that when you see anyone in that guild on your team, you have ample time to lube up. Edited by Kurvv

soz guis i ruint ur pvp.

just kidding, my only issue after coming back after a year hiatus was having cent/champ gear, whoops. i may not be able to kill anyone yet but at least i stick to objectives as best as i can. ;-;

Pubs definitely have a focus fire problem. Not sure about Imps, but it is very noticeable on the Republic side of things.

I see this all the time in Novare, where I will always pick out one of the enemy healers in the first 15 seconds of the game, put an enormous crosshair over his head, and try and take him down. If I am lucky, I get one person helping me out. If am extra lucky, the healer is not part of a premade and I can drop him. But if not, I just turn on the Benny Hill theme and try to bury him before all the taunts and guards and bubbles and other healers outpace my damage.

It's like some Pubs are scared by those big symbols and decide to go nowhere near the marked targets.

(Yakety Sax included for fellow DPSers trying to chase down healers:

) Edited by ktkenshinx

Is it just me.. or have you guys noticed that there r a heck of a lot more baddies (especially on the imp side) in WZs over the last couple weeks. Is it the simple fact that a lot of the f2p and new accounts r reaching 50 and havent figured out really how to play their class yet? I mean it's becoming a pandemic of bad players/pvpers getting into every wz I play. A typical WZ in the past might have had 1-2 bads on average, but lately its closer to 3-4 in each group that don't do dmg, dont do objective, dont do anything useful at all.

I know the bads dont frequent the forums..hell i dont frequent the forums often.. so I am not gonna bother calling out specifics or giving advice, just wanted to call attention to this outbreak of contagious badness that seems to be lingering around Prophecy of Five.

-Mez

...Actually you are the one that's bad. You're just grouping with moar people on your skill level.

fights were unusually good and balanced last night. I think I only went 3 and 4 for the night, but every single warzone was closely contested win or loss. Had a Hypergates loss that was 890 to 860 I think, among others.

I kept waiting for those baddie Repubs to show up for a zone or two, but they never did. Just more Hostile Takeover and Hoth Ski Patrol goods.

Edited by islander

I'm one of the people that left 1.2 - 1.3...ish and came back when they launched f2p. One of the first things I started hearing about was how so many f2p were rolling imp. I rolled a pub because hey... starting again is a good time to start again and I'd prefer to have a 50 on each side before anything else.

A lot of my guildmates began leveling pubs as a reaction to all the imp f2p. I think the f2p dynamic IS responsible for this recent change of dynamic and it is compounded by both the influx of f2p imps, and the reaction of the sub community to it.

I'm not BW and so I don't have any real facts but I would not be suprised to see that f2p noobs are on the increase for imp while many competent imps have moved to pub... and it is all flushing out now a few months after f2p launch.

I must reiterate that if you queue regular wz's then a beer/whiskey and pandora are a must.

I have also noticed an unusual amount of people are avoiding targets. You know, the ones with the giant symbol above their head? Honest to god, if you took my killer targeting skills and removed them from a match, the GD tank would be targeted more often then not. Disagree? Go ahead and give it a try, I promise I'm not wrong. If there is a more basic concept to pvp than this please let me know. :cool:

The op is either on to something or on something, but I must agree with him/her.

Please note: If you don't like alcohol then some tea or a spliff will suffice. ;)

If you are running regular WZ's...you get whatever you get. Bads have a right to play the same as you do. Where did you go when you considered yourself a bad? Oh wait, you were born a good...right?

Queue RWZ's. This is where it sounds like you belong, not hanging out with all the bads who are just trying to have fun in regular WZ's.

Me, I'll keep hanging out with them...for the most part, they are fun people to run WZ's with....except when you get that one guy who yells and stomps his feet while calling everyone bads....yes, that same guy sitting at the bottom of the medals list who only got 3 medals. :eek:

Just sayin...

LOL im always at the bottom. Imo if you have to declare others "baddies" i would say you maybe need to level your maturity a bit.

The problem with queuing for RWZ's is that only 5% of the population can do so - and only one or two nights a week.

The entire system is far too difficult to really enjoy. Requiring 8 reasonably good pvpers to be online at once and accepting 30 minute queues is rough. Requiring that 8 man to have something resembling a specific composition? Makes it three times worse.

At some point Biofail needs to allow for 4 man rated queueing. Not solo, that'd be patently awful.

Edited by islander

If you are running regular WZ's...you get whatever you get. Bads have a right to play the same as you do. Where did you go when you considered yourself a bad? Oh wait, you were born a good...right?

I was bad once I'd say. That's only compared with how I play today. I've played since launch so when I was "bad", everyone else was really bad. I'm amazing comparatively now. Hopefully as time passes I'll consider my current level of play terrible.

I'll always consider myself terrible. True or not, nothing productive can come of thinking yourself amazing. If you think you've reached the peak you'll stop climbing.

Don't be intimidated by players that beat their chests and proclaim their greatness. They don't have the fire to change themselves They're static. Something that is static can be surpassed, maneuvered around, and defeated. For bad players this means that as long you keep beating yourself up for answers to your deficiencies, you'll eventually win. Time is the only factor in your journey. For good players this means you must constantly reach higher, or somebody will push you down.

Good players usually have this fire, that's why their good. Bad players don't have this drive, that's why their bad. Then there's the slightly above average players who make posts like the OP because they think they're great. They really only occupy a place just above the vast swaths of bads. They're happy there though, barking from that low pedestal. That's what separates the good from the great, the lions from the dinosaurs: how content you allow yourself to be with where you are.

Edited by Commissar_Omega

I was bad once I'd say. That's only compared with how I play today. I've played since launch so when I was "bad", everyone else was really bad. I'm amazing comparatively now. Hopefully as time passes I'll consider my current level of play terrible.

I'll always consider myself terrible. True or not, nothing productive can come of thinking yourself amazing. If you think you've reached the peak you'll stop climbing.

Don't be intimidated by players that beat their chests and proclaim their greatness. They don't have the fire to change themselves They're static. Something that is static can be surpassed, maneuvered around, and defeated. For bad players this means that as long you keep beating yourself up for answers to your deficiencies, you'll eventually win. Time is the only factor in your journey. For good players this means you must constantly reach higher, or somebody will push you down.

Good players usually have this fire, that's why their good. Bad players don't have this drive, that's why their bad. Then there's the slightly above average players who make posts like the OP because they think they're great. They really only occupy a place just above the vast swaths of bads. They're happy there though, barking from that low pedestal. That's what separates the good from the great, the lions from the dinosaurs: how content you allow yourself to be with where you are.

This. Exactly this. As a guild leader, I can promise you that every other guild leader and officer in any game CRAVES players like this. That fire sustains players and drives them to improve is the same fire that binds a team. People respond to sacrifice and effort, and when your comrades can see you putting in the time and effort, the effect magnifies.

As Komissar said. The players you hear barking about greatness will never be the ones you should be aspiring to be like. They point at their moment of glory (screenshots) and tell tales of their exploits (wins), but that very mindset lives in the past. If you are always looking behind you, you cannot see where you are moving forward. This is why these players always stagnate. You cannot sustain "greatness" unless you are constantly adapting to how the scenario changes. This is why great pve guilds rarely perform greatly in pvp. PvE is a script. It doesn't change. PvP is borderline organized chaos requiring endless adjustments and action/reactions fit to the specific situation.

If you find yourself "suffering" all the "bads" consider for a moment that the reason many people don't play well with you is that you might be damned difficult to play with. Unfortunately for some people, PvP is actually a two way street where what YOU do and what OTHER PEOPLE do interact. It really isn't about the individual. Whoa be to the player that realizes the problems with the outcomes they achieve might be a result of their own efforts, or lack thereof, more so then the efforts of others nearby.

Excellent post!

This. Exactly this. As a guild leader, I can promise you that every other guild leader and officer in any game CRAVES players like this. That fire sustains players and drives them to improve is the same fire that binds a team. People respond to sacrifice and effort, and when your comrades can see you putting in the time and effort, the effect magnifies.

As Komissar said. The players you hear barking about greatness will never be the ones you should be aspiring to be like. They point at their moment of glory (screenshots) and tell tales of their exploits (wins), but that very mindset lives in the past. If you are always looking behind you, you cannot see where you are moving forward. This is why these players always stagnate. You cannot sustain "greatness" unless you are constantly adapting to how the scenario changes. This is why great pve guilds rarely perform greatly in pvp. PvE is a script. It doesn't change. PvP is borderline organized chaos requiring endless adjustments and action/reactions fit to the specific situation.

If you find yourself "suffering" all the "bads" consider for a moment that the reason many people don't play well with you is that you might be damned difficult to play with. Unfortunately for some people, PvP is actually a two way street where what YOU do and what OTHER PEOPLE do interact. It really isn't about the individual. Whoa be to the player that realizes the problems with the outcomes they achieve might be a result of their own efforts, or lack thereof, more so then the efforts of others nearby.

Post reported for making too logical of an argument.

Totally agree. Its why many times I won't use voice comm, even if it's a guild group and they ask. I like making things more challenging for myself. I use the OPS chat. All 8 people see it. I feel its a lost art.

it's not that hard, and very seldom does intelligently using it harm your performance.

Now, the occasions I join a rated team, thats different.

Anyway, here's to those of us who have the drive to keep trying to improve our performance day to day. I know I need to teach myself how to play sniper as an engineer, so I'll be 'really bad' for a few days. I'll keep at it. Eventually it'll pay off.

Great post Commisar.

Edited by islander