After playing Group Ranked tonight, healers need to be buffed

Jinre_the_Jedi

Do you know how much mercs and sorcs parse in 75er content?

I went into Meridian hc, pulled 2 add groups and parsed with my sorc.

I healed 15 k (no andrenal and only single target), with group heal it should be a bit higher.

When my merc is full equipped I´ll parse with him too.

yes, overall numbers have increased. this is directly linked to dps numbers increasing by much more. for each 10-15k hps I see in a wz, it's more often than not matched by a dps with a second dps not far behind. In this setting, in raw numbers, healers are worth slightly less than a single dps.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes, overall numbers have increased. this is directly linked to dps numbers increasing by much more. for each 10-15k hps I see in a wz, it's more often than not matched by a dps with a second dps not far behind. In this setting, in raw numbers, healers are worth slightly less than a single dps.

I did a new parse on Rishi, 4 test dummies, raid buff and everything - 21,5 k ehps.

The healing in pve is fine, Flashpoints and Operations are easier than before.

This seems to be purely a pvp problem. Healers need better tacticals or amplifiers for pvp.

That said I won´t pvp until changes are made. I still hope you have fun.

One of the most common complaints about healers is the fact they used to could take on 1-2 good DPS solo, or in cases where the DPS are really bad, 3+.

So, for all the bad DPS, these changes are probably making it so they don't feel nearly as inferior. I mean if they just bumped up DPS across the board by 50% and then left healers alone, that's a significant bump up in overall damage.

Healers by nature have to be able to match more than one DPS, otherwise there's no reason to have heals. Try telling this to the DPS kiddos, though.

DPS has always been more popular than healers, so maybe this change isn't accidental, but I think it is tbh. I think lack of testing and proper assessment of the overall performance numbers was not done properly. I do not think this "age of the DPS" was purposeful, instead just poor planning and implementation on BW's behalf.

The good news is, changes like these are usually easy for them to adjust and I actually have real faith in the devs adjusting stuff to make it better, eventually. I'd guess changes will be made in a month or so, seems they running on a monthly schedule of fixing things.