Soa bugs

Aside from bugs that some people experience, the only thing that is random in this fight is who he's targeting to mind trap, toss in the air, and lightning balls. The fight even tells you now who the lightning balls are targeting. Timers might help some people, but nothing is so random as to make this fight impossible or even that hard really.

I'm sure that on paper this is the case. We don't raid on paper.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our tank and jedi were not able to explode their own ball on phase 2 last night killing them instantly passing from 20000 hp to 0 dead.....I had no problem with my smuggler popping my aborb skill and having around 3k damage.

We tried this about 5-6 time and wiping at 50% soa health.

We are having big issue with lightning ball that keeps killing everyone during the figth.

Aside from bugs that some people experience, the only thing that is random in this fight is who he's targeting to mind trap, toss in the air, and lightning balls. The fight even tells you now who the lightning balls are targeting. Timers might help some people, but nothing is so random as to make this fight impossible or even that hard really.

You're cute because you pretend Lightning Balls not blowing up like they're supposed to doesn't happen in half of the attempts.

And, now that someone mentioned it, it was always the third pylon dropping square on his face that wouldn't break his shield. Interesting, indeed.

Soa is bugging for us right now, I'm putting him underneath the pillars while tanking him, the pillar drops on him, gets the blood splash graphic, he kneels down, and is stunned, but the shield isn't dropping. This is awful. Edited by Khayleth

You're cute because you pretend Lightning Balls not blowing up like they're supposed to doesn't happen in half of the attempts.

And, now that someone mentioned it, it was always the third pylon dropping square on his face that wouldn't break his shield. Interesting, indeed.

You're cute because you pretend like what happens to you happens to everyone else. We have no issues with lightning balls not blowing up, and have maybe seen a total of 2 pylons not break his shield over the last 2 months. Whatever our tank is doing to position him works.

You're cute because you pretend like what happens to you happens to everyone else. We have no issues with lightning balls not blowing up, and have maybe seen a total of 2 pylons not break his shield over the last 2 months. Whatever our tank is doing to position him works.

You're cute because you're posting in a thread dedicated to SOA BUGS, telling everyone how much Soa doesn't bug for you. Great, sweet, I'm thrilled that he DOESNT bug for someone. Ecstatic!

This thread isn't for you. Kindly leave it to the people who wish to share their experiences with the TRUE bugs of Soa, not raid coordination fails like 30% whirlwinds.

Edited by Daltin

We've just finished raiding SOA on hardmode difficulity, and I've gotta say, I've seen A LOT of bugs in this game but never have I seen so many in such short period of time.

He bugged on 1st level and those green fogs were poping one after another and in just seconds whole room was green.

When transitioning, some blocks were simply missing and we couldn't proceed.

On the 2nd floor - lightning ball bugged once and appeared directly on the tank killing him instantly despite him having over 15k hp left. Next attempt, there were so many lightning balls bugged and not dissapearing it was almost impossible to distinguish which one was moving.. we got wiped like that few more times.

Finaly, 3rd floor, we got wiped because of pillars killing healer who were on the other side of the map. Then pillars started instantly killing tank (who was fully healed) and not hiting SOA at all. Next time he wiped us because his shield wasn't dissapearing properly. Finaly, when we got him down to 10%, he just vanished and never reappeared again.. he did that twice and both times we were almost finishing him off..

THIS IS JUST ONE DAY OF SOA.. we've spent more than 4 hours trying to kill him.

We actualy killed him before and we know the drill, we've seen many tutorials and been executing everything pretty nicely, I DO ADMIT sometimes we've made some mistakes on our own, but that never was a problem, we could get through anything we've messed up but those bugs were so unexpected we finaly called it a nite.

Edited by Carousel_t

You're cute because you're posting in a thread dedicated to SOA BUGS, telling everyone how much Soa doesn't bug for you. Great, sweet, I'm thrilled that he DOESNT bug for someone. Ecstatic!

This thread isn't for you. Kindly leave it to the people who wish to share their experiences with the TRUE bugs of Soa, not raid coordination fails like 30% whirlwinds.

Point that I and others have been trying to make is that many of the "bugs" being listed by everyone sharing their experiences aren't bugs at all, just mechanics of the fight. Still others are ones that can be avoided fairly easily. But people don't want to hear they can do the fight smarter or take steps to avoid stuff...they want validation that it's unkillable because 50 bugs ruin every attempt. Perhaps we should leave the thread since no one listens to advice.

Point that I and others have been trying to make is that many of the "bugs" being listed by everyone sharing their experiences aren't bugs at all, just mechanics of the fight. Still others are ones that can be avoided fairly easily. But people don't want to hear they can do the fight smarter or take steps to avoid stuff...they want validation that it's unkillable because 50 bugs ruin every attempt. Perhaps we should leave the thread since no one listens to advice.

Then do tell me the workaround for the pillar not breaking his shield because it's happening consistently.

Lightning Balls not exploding is a bug. Yes, the correct person is eventually able to pop their orb after running through the center of it three times.

Shield during transition not dropping despite killing every Pylon on the way down is a bug.

Shield in p3 not breaking from the Statue's direct hit is a bug.

These are not "avoidable" bugs. These are not "Learn to play" issues. These are mechanical flaws of the encounter, period. They don't happen on every attempt.

Then do tell me the workaround for the pillar not breaking his shield because it's happening consistently.

I'm not our tank, so I couldn't give you a step by step way to avoid whatever is happening on that one. Others in other Soa threads have speculated it happens when you have him on the rocky, outer area of the floor in p3. We haven't had issues with it, so haven't had to test out any theories. Perhaps next time you guys have issues with it, test that theory out and see if it's related in any way.

These are not "avoidable" bugs. These are not "Learn to play" issues. These are mechanical flaws of the encounter, period. They don't happen on every attempt.

Many have posted here about killing pylons during transition to get rid of his stacks to prevent the AE. The theory I've seen the most is killing pylons out of order while you're jumping down or 2 at the same time (although this might just be killing them out of order) could be a reason stacks aren't dropping and people are getting hit with the AE. Maybe people in raids are jumping down early and killing a pylon on a lower level expecting the higher one to be finished already? This would be an issue on the very first one as it takes a little while to become targetable.

I've never seen a lightning ball require someone running through it 3 times to explode. That's the first I've even heard of that to be honest.

Many have posted here about killing pylons during transition to get rid of his stacks to prevent the AE. The theory I've seen the most is killing pylons out of order while you're jumping down or 2 at the same time (although this might just be killing them out of order) could be a reason stacks aren't dropping and people are getting hit with the AE. Maybe people in raids are jumping down early and killing a pylon on a lower level expecting the higher one to be finished already? This would be an issue on the very first one as it takes a little while to become targetable.

I've never seen a lightning ball require someone running through it 3 times to explode. That's the first I've even heard of that to be honest.

We came to the conclusion that the pylons not breaking the shield might have happened due to multiple people running ahead and killing the 2nd Pylon before finishing the 1st one. Soa entered Phase 2 with 3 stacks on his shield, and this was the only thing that we did differently on that particular attempt. From that point forward, the call was made to never advance until the Pylon has been killed.

Also, the shield not breaking occurs on the third statue, which also occurs in the Rocky area where you end up at the end of the transition phase (If you start on the West side). It does seem the change of level in the ground may cause an issue.

Perhaps the Statue landing is hitting the ground, but Soa being on the rocks puts him on a different X axis.

We've never had trouble w/ statues anywhere other than the rocky area, i can confirm that. Every statue that occurs in the middle of the room, or close to it, goes off as planned.

We came to the conclusion that the pylons not breaking the shield might have happened due to multiple people running ahead and killing the 2nd Pylon before finishing the 1st one. Soa entered Phase 2 with 3 stacks on his shield, and this was the only thing that we did differently on that particular attempt. From that point forward, the call was made to never advance until the Pylon has been killed.

Also, the shield not breaking occurs on the third statue, which also occurs in the Rocky area where you end up at the end of the transition phase (If you start on the West side). It does seem the change of level in the ground may cause an issue.

Perhaps the Statue landing is hitting the ground, but Soa being on the rocks puts him on a different X axis.

We've never had trouble w/ statues anywhere other than the rocky area, i can confirm that. Every statue that occurs in the middle of the room, or close to it, goes off as planned.

I couldn't honestly remember which pylons weren't breaking his shield on our runs as I've said, we've only experienced it once or twice and it's been awhile. Perhaps attempting to adjust his position to not be as much on the rocky area will allow it to work? I'm not a tank but just knowing how the camera works I know it isn't easy for tanks to position soa where he needs to be because it's a bit of work to see the pylon above your head as it is.

Alright, downed him, not a single bug that attempt and he went down easily. No pillars not breaking shield, no one getting thrown and set somewhere out of los, and all the platforms functioned correctly.

I can confirm however, if Soa is standing on the rocky outcropping on the outside of the arena, the pillar won't break his shield even if it hits him. That is total BS and it shouldn't work that way to begin with, but that's the story right now.

I would wager most of the 'this is not that hard' people raid 16 man.

16 man is easy mode.

8 man is where you see most of the RNG badness.

My guild no longer does the 8 man NM Soa due to the randomness of the bugs but we clear 16 man every week.

Main reason is on 16 man we can eat any RNG nonsense... but for some reason there is way less of it in 16 man IDK why.

I would wager most of the 'this is not that hard' people raid 16 man.

16 man is easy mode.

8 man is where you see most of the RNG badness.

My guild no longer does the 8 man NM Soa due to the randomness of the bugs but we clear 16 man every week.

Main reason is on 16 man we can eat any RNG nonsense... but for some reason there is way less of it in 16 man IDK why.

We run him on 8 man. The only issue we have is doing him on Nightmare when lightning balls will seem to double shock (really get an extra shock) on people when exploding them. This happens to kill some people in our raid even if they are fully topped off and get a sorc shield. It's mostly the sorcerers themselves this happens to, but it has happened to the other sniper in our raid as well (I am also a sniper, but haven't had this kill me at all).

Merraith, if you wanted to do anything but trolling, you would have gone and found out what your tank does to avoid the bugs. As it stands right now, however, your input is purely subjective and has no substance.

Back on topic: what is up with lightning balls dealing double damage to their intended target on nightmare mode?

Merraith, if you wanted to do anything but trolling, you would have gone and found out what your tank does to avoid the bugs. As it stands right now, however, your input is purely subjective and has no substance.

Back on topic: what is up with lightning balls dealing double damage to their intended target on nightmare mode?

Except for you know, my point of having someone test it and someone claiming to have confirmed it. I don't need to know exactly what my tank does on that...he tanks the fight, not me. Something I stated every time when discussing that particular issue. He dies every week without issue...nothing subjective about that.

Except for you know, my point of having someone test it and someone claiming to have confirmed it. I don't need to know exactly what my tank does on that...he tanks the fight, not me. Something I stated every time when discussing that particular issue. He dies every week without issue...nothing subjective about that.

Let me put this in terms you ought to understand:

Deliver a precise how-to or stop rumor-mongering.

Edited by Miaxi

I guess we would need to stream for you personally hahaha? You can come check out my gear and my giant red speeder if you like.

Why not give me some proof that it isn't what your raid is doing that is causing some of this stuff to happen to you?

Let me put this in terms you ought to understand:

Deliver a precise how-to or stop rumor-mongering.

Originally Posted by Merraith

I'm not our tank, so I couldn't give you a step by step way to avoid whatever is happening on that one. Others in other Soa threads have speculated it happens when you have him on the rocky, outer area of the floor in p3. We haven't had issues with it, so haven't had to test out any theories. Perhaps next time you guys have issues with it, test that theory out and see if it's related in any way.

He did provided insight to other Soa bug threads. Two people since confirmed after that comment that the Statues being dropped on the rocks are the ones bugging out. I confirmed that the one attempt we had his shield not drop, was the attempt that people went ahead and left the first pillar active.

He did provided insight to other Soa bug threads. Two people since confirmed after that comment that the Statues being dropped on the rocks are the ones bugging out. I confirmed that the one attempt we had his shield not drop, was the attempt that people went ahead and left the first pillar active.

What I see there is "The theory I've seen the most" and "Others in other Soa threads have speculated". I am sorry, but in what universe is hear-say substantial information?